1975 CJ-5 Frame VIN location - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1975 CJ-5 Frame VIN location

50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com

Unread 07-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
fuzzyhead
1975 CJ5 

1975 CJ-5 Frame VIN location

I have a 1975 CJ-5 with a fiberglass tub. About 1997 the previous owner did a complete restoration and put the fiberglass tub on it then. So there's no VIN on the firewall. There's no VIN on the windshield frame (which I was told is from a 1976 CJ-5). So the only spot left is the passenger side frame rail, but I cannot locate it.

Where exactly should I be looking? The frame was sand blasted during the rebuild so its not super dirty. Perhaps it's been sand blasted to heck. I don't know.

Thanks

fuzzyhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
fuzzyhead
1975 CJ5 

Nobody has any advice on where to find the VIN on the frame?
Is it on the top, outside, inside?
Unread 08-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
Ollie09
1983 CJ7 

Here's my 77' Just about directly above the rear axle. Front is to the right in the pictures. Also found a guy that will replicate the VIN sticker on the dash. Not perfect but unless you look at it side by side you can't tell it's a copy.

His name is Bob Hoyt. Web page www.inspectionsticker.net. Only cost $35.

Ollie09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

http://www.earlycj5.net/forums/showt...ation-on-Frame
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
fuzzyhead
1975 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie09
Here's my 77' Just about directly above the rear axle. Front is to the right in the pictures. Also found a guy that will replicate the VIN sticker on the dash. Not perfect but unless you look at it side by side you can't tell it's a copy.

His name is Bob Hoyt. Web page www.inspectionsticker.net. Only cost $35.

Thank you! I'll look tomorrow.
Unread 09-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #6
fuzzyhead
1975 CJ5 

I found the VIN. It's a partial VIN with the first letter and the last 7 or so digits.

It was located on the top of the frame rail, passenger front.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.