1973 CJ5 (Carburator & Fuel Lines) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1973 CJ5 (Carburator & Fuel Lines)

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
lucany
1973 CJ5 

1973 CJ5 (Carburator & Fuel Lines)

Hi Folks new on here...i have a CJ5 year 1973 under restoration. I am looking for suggestions on

- Where and which Fuel Lines shall i buy (need replace the old ones...all I can find are fuel lines for a CJ5 1976 model or older......will those fit?)

- What Carburetor will be a good upgrade for this car/engine? 1973 258 4.2L ? i want to stay in the $ 200 ballpark price...any idea where is the best buy option online?

thanks for all help

2.jpg   4.jpg  
lucany is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
FrnchDp

1986 CJ7 

Greetings and welcome. Nice 5 you got there!

For the carb, I just upgraded to the M2150. I paid near 3bills for it, but it was completely rebuilt and came with all the parts/adapters. You can get those for much cheaper if you're willing to do the rebuild yourself.
As to the fuel lines, I didn't replace the entire system, but did replace the metal tubes that run from pump to carb. I used this place for those -> http://inlinetube.com/Preformed%20Li...s/ocatalog.htm

The other carb many will suggest will be the Weber, which, fully remanufactured will run in the 3-5 ballpark. I figure you'll want to be going the DIY rebuild, and my understanding is that either Motorcraft or Weber are fairly standard rebuild with cheap kits found at local parts stores

2000 WJ Limited - V8-287
FrnchDp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
lucany
1973 CJ5 

many thanks this is helpful!!!
lucany is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
carburator , cj5 , fuel , fuel lines , gas mileage increase

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.