1966 cj6 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 04-24-2016, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
mopartim
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Cj 1966 cj6

Very new to old jeeps, i have had a 04 lj for years, one tons coil overs 40s atlas it's built for the trails ...... Anyway I just picked up a very clean mostly rust free 66 cj6 that I am in the planning stages for, it will be a street driven cool old school resto mod

Currently it's running and driving and kinda stopping and sorta steers. I no next to nothing about this jeep it's a v6 with a 3 speed manual it has manual drum brakes all the way around and the front axle is closed knuckle

I would like to do a few things first of all is upgrade the brakes, they suck. And the next would be steering... power steering would be awesome

I am not opposed to an axle swap I could go for a slightly wider track width and Dana 44s

And down the road I would like to swap in a 5 speed trans that would bolt to the current engine but also would stand up to a modern ls motor

Just kinda looking for some advice on what part numbers to search so I can do some reading

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.