1964 CJ5 Value - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1964 CJ5 Value

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 07-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
senorschmidt

1964 CJ5 Value

I am considering picking up this jeep I just found. I have no idea if the asking price is reasonable or not. I was hoping you guys could give me a few pointers. I talked to the guy already and he did a complete tear down and rebuild of the jeep. I only glanced at the jeep and have not really looked at it too close though. What do you think?

http://slo.craigslist.org/cto/3864233990.html

senorschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

While it is a nice rig, for 8K, I could build one from scratch. With the incorrect roof, I would be in the 1,500 to 3,500 range.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
senorschmidt

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling that would be the case.
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
wellmax
1984 CJ7 

senor,
it would be high for me, but I am not into that vintage style of jeep
it does look good, but I know little about that model of jeep, if you test drive it, I would say around 60-80 hp.
no speed demon, but the suspensions were not built for high speed.

for that money you can pickup a fair to nice 1999+ model that has the coil springs, it will ride good, drive good and have room for your legs, plus plenty of power.

that old jeep was great back in the day, when your only other option was walking or riding in the back of a duce and 1/2.
wellmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
senorschmidt

It looked like a fun jeep, but definitely nothing practical. I am just selling a toy hauler and was considering a partial trade for this jeep.

http://slo.craigslist.org/rvs/3888533414.html

Last edited by senorschmidt; 07-06-2013 at 10:18 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.