1962 willys - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1962 willys

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 10-07-2003, 08:11 AM   #1
bugeater

1962 willys

i recently ran across a 62 willys jeep. its kinda rough but is running and drivable. missing passenger fender, top/doors, and the seats are shot. i was wandering if 700 bucks sounds like a good deal. are there any things to look out for, i don't know much about these early jeeps.

bugeater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2003, 03:51 PM   #2
qualityhardware

There are a lot of variables, but $700 for a running old Willys is pretty good.

Is it a CJ3B or a CJ5? I believe both had the Hurricane F-Head 134cid engine, both had the t90 transmission and the t18 transfer case. They also shared the Dana 25 & 27 front axles as well as the Dana 44 rear. The CJ5 may have had the dauntless V6 at this time as an option, but I am not sure.

The CJ3B has that flatfender Willys look and the CJ5 has the rounded styling and a bigger body.

Anyhow - $700 ain't bad. If it's working and not too rusty, I'd buy it.
qualityhardware is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2003, 06:16 AM   #3
bugeater

it might even be an m38a1 but i haven't examined it close enough. it has the round fenders and what is left of a light on the left front fender. the front bumper has some sort of attatchment for tow hooks.
bugeater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2003, 07:55 AM   #4
Scrambler82
1982 CJ8 

How's the frame ?

Do it right the first time !
Scrambler82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2003, 11:42 AM   #5
qualityhardware

That definitely sounds like an M38A1. Is there a compartment in the dash to the left of a steering wheel? Does it have 2 car batteries? Does the instrument cluster have two bulbous, metal protrusions in the middle of it? If yes to all, you're pretty assured it's an M38A1.
qualityhardware is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2003, 08:32 AM   #6
4wheeler4CJ

It's worth more than 700 in parts, so you could always buy it, and see what yuo're getting into afterwards. If you think later you don't want to tackle it, part it out and recoup your money plus some gravy money too!
4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.