1957 cj5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1957 cj5

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 03-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
DeVo24
2008 JK Wrangler 

1957 cj5

I have an odd question for the Forum. I'm currently looking for my first Jeep. My budget to buy the vehicle is very limited so I'm looking for a CJ in need of some love. I expected to find a mid to late 70's sitting somewhere idle and gradually bring it back to life. I received an email and pics of a 57 that I'm absolutely obsessing over. My plans for a jeep that old would be a little different than what I was originally looking for but I'm excited. Here's my question. How hard is it to find parts for a jeep that old? I assume a lot of parts are interchangeable with newer CJ's but I don't want to go buy a jeep I can't find parts for. This is kind of a spur of the moment thing so I haven't had much of a chance to look around yet. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

DeVo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
CooterBrown

1965 CJ5 

i have a 65 and finding parts isnt horrible, if your looking to replace stock parts that are brokern. but finding anything aftermarket that fits is nearly impossible, such as bikini tops, diferent bumpers or anything like that. and check the wiring. mine is in stellar condition but im slowly finding the PO didnt know anything about wiring and half A$$d it so thats expensive, anyways,. the older the better inmo but the older the more love you have to put into it..

2010 rubicon JK
CooterBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #3
DeVo24
2008 JK Wrangler 

Great info, my plans for this jeep will definitely be a little different than if I get a 78 or something. The only things that I can see that I would be buying aftermarket are a top and it doesn't have any mirrors on it so I'd have to rig something up anyway. IF I decide to put on different bumpers I'd probably fab those up myself anyway. I'll be leaving as much stock on this vehicle as I can get away with. It looks like it already has a little bit of a lift on it and according to the current owner the only big thing it needs now is a new gas tank. Everything else seems to be small fixes. Thanks for the help. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
DeVo24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.