1949 Jeep Truck Restoration - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1949 Jeep Truck Restoration

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 10-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #91
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

[QUOTE=Lifesgoodhere;5831737]

QUOTE]

Glad to see that old chisel getting some use! You might as well finish painting it! You have a pretty farm... oh, and the parts look good too.

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 10:40 PM   #92
Lifesgoodhere

Heres a new you tube video for you guys...I now have some more spare time to work on this build. Thanks for the replys and comments!

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FfVC0TjCnPk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FfVC0TjCnPk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

I have lots of body work to do this weekend...(3 day weekend)
*The Homestretch ---- Finishing the Hammer. It's on!!
Lifesgoodhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 08:35 PM   #93
dz1087
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Awesomeness! That is going to be a work of art.

Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF037AD
'03 TJ Sport, Black on White, Stock. [[Gone]]
'99 XJ, Purple, Stock but with new wheels.

Running Doorless? Check your state's Mirror Laws!!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/list-state-mirror-laws-565361/

There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100% Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.
Theodore Roosevelt
dz1087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 06:54 PM   #94
amsoilman
1965 CJ6 

looks good but you will want to put something over the duplicolor. it will flake right off, i know it did on mine.
Unread 10-30-2008, 08:04 PM   #95
Lifesgoodhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsoilman View Post
looks good but you will want to put something over the duplicolor. it will flake right off, i know it did on mine.
I don't see it flaking off...its on the underside of the dash, it will see no rough use, just acting as a sound deader. Besides, I used POR's marine clean, and metal ready before I used the Dupicolor. I also roughed it up with 60 grit real good. I also had to do some trimming the other day where the stuff ran when I smeared it on,, and I had a hard time with a razor blade. We'll see it it holds up to times test
Unread 10-31-2008, 08:58 AM   #96
Duble-it
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifesgoodhere View Post
I have been thinking lately, What colors, and how am I going to paint the interior? I was thinking Dupicolor bed coating on the floor riser, and halfway up the back side of the cab, POR bed coating on the floor pans, and rockers. The roof I don't yet. The dash and topside of the cab, and the A pilers being body color ("craftsman red").

I did some painting of some small things today, I did a few things under the dash Craftsman red, just so I would have some contrast. I also painted some of the block off plates, and "mock fit" them in. The "theft deterrent" device I also painted, and mock fit. I even installed the instrument panel, just for kicks (will have to come back out for painting though). Heres some pics.

PICS:

Heres a pic of my lock out hubs, Dual-matic hubs.

Looks really good Man, 1 Question. I've seen that style of hub before but never close enough to see how they function. What's the trick to lock them in? Just Curious. Thanks

LATE FOR WORK, EARLY FOR JEEPIN'
Duble-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2008, 06:41 PM   #97
Lifesgoodhere

To lock Dual-Matic hubs, you have to take a screw driver and pry the sticks that are running parallel to each other up (they are hinged) then you spin them 180 degrees (both of them) then tap them back in like you found them with the other end of the screw driver. These hubs are the MOST POSITIVE LOCKING HUBS EVER MADE. Also the strongest, I think. I saw a set going on ebay for $200+ the other week.
Unread 10-31-2008, 06:45 PM   #98
Lifesgoodhere

OK, so yeah, working on the floor pans right now. Used more of the Dupi-color stuff tonight, and "smoothing" some stuff on the floor pans with short strand fiberglass bondo.

PICS:

The POR stuff might be being sprayed in this weekend, if all goes right.
Unread 10-31-2008, 06:54 PM   #99
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

I purchased WAY too much of the sound deadening / heat insulation stuff from JC Whitney. I have a huge roll of it here. If you give me the dimensions and pay for the shipping (maybe a couple bucks if you're feeling good - but not neccesary), I'll cut you some for your floor, firewall and for the area between the roof and headliner. Let me know. It's the stuff that's dense material on one side and the silver refelective stuff on the other. If not from me, I highly recommend the stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2008, 06:56 PM   #100
Lifesgoodhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
I purchased WAY too much of the sound deadening / heat insulation stuff from JC Whitney. I have a huge roll of it here. If you give me the dimensions and pay for the shipping (maybe a couple bucks if you're feeling good - but not neccesary), I'll cut you some for your floor, firewall and for the area between the roof and headliner. Let me know. It's the stuff that's dense material on one side and the silver refelective stuff on the other. If not from me, I highly recommend the stuff.
PMed you....
Unread 10-31-2008, 07:08 PM   #101
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Here's what the stuff looks like installed under the hood:

and in the tub:

Quote:
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Unread 10-31-2008, 07:09 PM   #102
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Also, you might want to buy a couple rolls of JC Whitney's silver tape for the insulation. It really cleans up seams and ends. You'll also need HD spray adhesive for fabric. JC Whitney sells it, but you can get it at craft stores or fabric stores.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 10-31-2008, 08:11 PM   #103
Oily
1985 CJ7 

Very glad I did not miss this thread. Great Jeep, , good work.
Oily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #104
Lifesgoodhere

Did a lot more today...I went out at 8 this morning, and quit at around 6 to go to town get some more stuff, and eat, then kept working from about 9 till 11....what a day!

Today I did mostly bodywork, and replaced the thermostat (again), got the engine running; planed to "move" it under its own power, but it isn't starting again....try again tomorrow. I really shouldn't be a critic...note all the circles in one of the pics below, those are dings, which im going to have to ether glaze or putty (bondo). I have no pneumatic body tools right now so the work is exhausting (and slow), but I will have huge, strong arms when im done right, LOL. It looks like I will have to do 3 or 4 more days of what I did today (amount of time) to make the body look "ok"...but OK is all I want - com'on ITS A JEEP! I also updated my ---TO DO LIST....now a little smaller, yay!

PICS:

I also installed the clutch petal, and the gas petal. Brown came with a shipment from 4 Wheel Drive Hardware today...rubber mounts and some ther bits...I only got 3 of the 4 mounts.

Unread 11-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #105
Bren Gun
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great! I'm really envious and am really glad to see another old Willys pickup saved! There aren't enough of them left. And not enough that are left in near stock condition. Good work and I'm looking forward to more. You gave me some good ideas for POR 15ing my 3B!
www.this-old-jeep.com
Bren Gun is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.