1949 Jeep Truck Restoration - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1949 Jeep Truck Restoration

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-22-2008, 07:05 PM   #76
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nice work......that thing is going to look awesome......you will get so many looks and people coming up to you and talking to you....some even offer you money for it.....that is how it is when i drive my willys around. You get a crawl for this awesome thread

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166
Build Thread
Are You An Offroad Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
DixiesCJ3B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #77
Pat_S
1988 XJ Cherokee 

^ He's sure going to get plenty of comments and questions from both the young and elderly.

Hell, I saw an old mustang (maybe '70's?) in a very pristine condition and shouted out, "nice car!" along with a thumbs up today. I love seeing old cars being driven in the streets that are either well-maintained by the original owners ever since or rebuilt back to it's original state due to it being salvaged.

Last edited by Pat_S; 09-22-2008 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: Adding to it.
Pat_S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2008, 09:31 PM   #78
Lifesgoodhere
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I replaced the mechanical fuel pump with a low pressure (~3 PSI) one. I bought it at Federated Auto Parts for $70. It took me 20 minutes to install.

I just Jerry rigged the wiring for now. Eventually I will hot wire it to the ignition switch.

The engine now runs perfectly! The problem all along was the fuel pump- and I have spent $140 for 2 new mechanical pumps and they both didn't work I should have gone with a electric pump from the beginning.

Alright! Cross that off The List! OK whats next! Bring it on!
Unread 09-25-2008, 12:10 AM   #79
Lifesgoodhere
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I burned out the mechanical starter switch today....opps - just need to replace the brushes and bronze solder the switch back together. NO biggie.

Hey dixies3j3b, your in Nazareth P.A. right? I have A lot of family in Easton/Palmer area! im also up their quite often. Maybe sometime when im up their again (will be soon to get those 6 tires) we could do a "meet & greet"! I'd love to see that 3b!
Unread 09-25-2008, 12:23 AM   #80
Lifesgoodhere
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_S View Post
Somebody in or around his area, start donating miscellaneous parts and lend him a hand! I'd be down to be a part of it if I lived in VA.

Yeah, just tell me and you can come by and help! im usualy around on weekends (except when the Southside Jeepers decide to go wheelin ) Hell if you want you can come by and I will just show you what i've done!

Yes...parts are always nice
Unread 09-27-2008, 09:49 PM   #81
Lifesgoodhere
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Today, I put the cab on the frame for the first time since November 2006. I would like to thank the Southside Jeepers for coming out and giving me a hand today! Afterward we went to BIG LEVELS, and did some wheelin'. That made for a great day!

Also, I took the started button/switch off a Dodge Powerwagon engine I had lying around, to see if it it would work...it did, but I have a new one on order. The engine started right up, after we figured out why it wasn't getting spark (forgot the "hot" wire) After we sorted that out it stared RIGHT UP THE FIRST TIME AND IDLED PERFECTLY FOR ABOUT 2 MINUTES

PICS:

NOW to tackle all the bodywork!
Unread 09-27-2008, 09:53 PM   #82
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

You are an inspiration Jake. Thanks for the update.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2008, 10:28 PM   #83
erik5387
1984 CJ7 

Damn man lookin good!!!
erik5387 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #84
bgoman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

youre one lucky man, I wish i could learn how to do all that. Thats something id like to do for a job one day (after college) Nice work!!!
bgoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #85
Lifesgoodhere
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I know that those of you who have been folowing along are eager to see more pics....and here they are...

PICS: (mostly random, no order)

I have recently gone through my shelves of parts and sorted out what was left. Most of the items are in good shape - nothing some spray paint can't fix. I also acquired four newish 15 inch '62 Corvette tires from a friend the other day...I might run them as road tires, I'd need to get a set of 15 inch rims though. Still need to figure out what to do with the ceiling...might coat it with sound deader. I also need some rubber pads between the cab and frame, I'm thinking about 1/2 inch will look good, and i bought 1/2 inch longer bolts.

I also worked on the cab some -see next post...
Unread 10-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #86
Lifesgoodhere
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I wanted to put some thing to deaden sound under the dash (I was told their was a lot) I also wanted something CHEAP, (spectrum sludge would be ideal, but its $200 for 5 gallons!) I also had a gift card to autozone that was burning a hole in my pocket. I picked up some dupi-color bed coating. I thought I could spray it like I did the POR stuff -WRONG! it sprayed for about 1 minute, then cloged my gun...had to then "smear" on the stuff with a foam brush (its all I had) I don't think it looks very good, AND the pan I was using spilled while I had it on my belly, while lying on my back to coat the underside of the dash. Ruined my shirt. To prep the metal, I used Metal Ready (zinc phosphate)and got some on the floor...again.

I like this dupi-color stuff, it goes on thick!, and it kills sound. might to the roof in the stuff, and the floor riser, and use the POR stuff on exclusively the floor pans. What do you think? is this a wise move?
Unread 10-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #87
SuB8HaVeN
1986 CJ7 

Looking good, you're making some excellent progress there. Are you going to put headliner up on the roof, or just the coating? I'm not sure how much sound deadening coating would help on the roof.
Unread 10-09-2008, 08:18 PM   #88
Lifesgoodhere
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yeah thats what I was thinking...but im NOT putting carpet in, the only cloth will be the canvas cloth seats (re upholstered seats) Im also looking at spectrum sludge (Google it), but my budget is flat right now.
Unread 10-10-2008, 11:53 AM   #89
bigjoe
1977 CJ7 

Young Man, Nice work, looks to be coming along nicely.

77' CJ-7 83' Chevy K10
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #90
Lifesgoodhere
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have been thinking lately, What colors, and how am I going to paint the interior? I was thinking Dupicolor bed coating on the floor riser, and halfway up the back side of the cab, POR bed coating on the floor pans, and rockers. The roof I don't yet. The dash and topside of the cab, and the A pilers being body color ("craftsman red").

I did some painting of some small things today, I did a few things under the dash Craftsman red, just so I would have some contrast. I also painted some of the block off plates, and "mock fit" them in. The "theft deterrent" device I also painted, and mock fit. I even installed the instrument panel, just for kicks (will have to come back out for painting though). Heres some pics.

PICS:

Heres a pic of my lock out hubs, Dual-matic hubs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.