18024.02 Rugged Ridge steering shaft CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 18024.02 Rugged Ridge steering shaft CJ7

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-02-2011, 02:12 AM   #1
alisa65
1979 CJ7 

18024.02 Rugged Ridge steering shaft CJ7

I purchased the HD steering shaft for my 79 CJ. I haven't installed it...yet. I also have the new boot which came with several odds and ends items I am not sure what to do with. (18018.08/18018.09) How do you get the boot on this type of shaft? Everything is pressed together. There aren't any type of pins to speak of. Apparently, this is an adjustable shaft, but I can't seem to move the 2 pieces. I also heard stories about this particular shaft. I am using this jeep for highway driving. But I was told this would not be able to be used in higher speeds?? I need this confirmed before I install. Thanks

alisa65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.