15.5 inch wide tires on a CJ-5? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 15.5 inch wide tires on a CJ-5?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 12-12-2002, 12:18 PM   #16
cj5goliath
1980 CJ5 

I've had the u-joints break just turning corners at low speeds with large tires. Maybe the earlier cj's were a little heavier duty....i'm not sure.

http://www.cranked-up.com
cj5goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2002, 10:41 PM   #17
91XJLimited

I'm not on ANY side here, I'm just bored, and looking for someone to help. If it were me, I would DEFINETLY get the offset rims, not the spacers. They make offset rims for a reason. The center of the wheel, is the center, no matter what the backspacing is. The backspacing, is the distance from the outside of the rim, to where it is secured by lugnuts to the axle. The center is the center. If anything, spacers would be the thing that puts stress on the wheel. I don't really understand how a wheel could put stress on itself, but whatever. If you go with a spacer set-up, I hope you have a thick wallet. Just think of all the things you could buy instead of putting in new axle shafts, lugs, and then finally realizing you need more backspacing on your wheels, and buying a new set of wheels.

94 ZJ 5.2 Limited - 6.5" Teraflex lift, Clayton Long Arms, disconnects, 37x12.50 SSR's, Hummer Beadlocks, and more good stuff

[SIZE=4][URL=http://www.geocities.com/lovaboy1599/My_Jeeps.html][color=red]MY JEEPS[/color][/URL][/size]
91XJLimited is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.