Thinking of buying a Renegade - JeepForum.com

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 07-28-2016, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Buschbabe

Thinking of buying a Renegade

I am in the process of wanting to purchase a new vehicle. I am going from a 2010 Chevy Cobalt to a 2016 Renegade. However, I am having trouble deciding between the 75th Anniv. Edition, the Trailhawk, or the Dawn of Justice edition.

I drive around 160 miles a day (commute to work) with two trips to Missouri a year (2400 miles total).
I'm looking to take my Renegade to the beach and drive it on the beach but as far as off roading, I wont be doing much (if any) of that.

What would you all suggest??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 07-28-2016, 05:41 PM
derailed75
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschbabe View Post
I am in the process of wanting to purchase a new vehicle. I am going from a 2010 Chevy Cobalt to a 2016 Renegade. However, I am having trouble deciding between the 75th Anniv. Edition, the Trailhawk, or the Dawn of Justice edition.

I drive around 160 miles a day (commute to work) with two trips to Missouri a year (2400 miles total).
I'm looking to take my Renegade to the beach and drive it on the beach but as far as off roading, I wont be doing much (if any) of that.

What would you all suggest??
Not quite what you are looking for but, last year we got my wife a 2015 Patriot. Love everything about it. I asked her about the Renegades and at the time she didnt like them. The more she got to love Jeeps in general the more she liked the Renegade. When I told her I asked her about them she just gave me the look and said "Why didnt I listen, I really like them" she was even more annoyed when I told her we could have got everything we got in the Pat and 4WD for the same price she was really mad. Women, what ya gonna do?
post #3 of 25 Old 07-28-2016, 07:50 PM
IndianaGeo

For as many miles you will be putting on it, don't go with the Trailhawk. You lose a few MPGs for the gear ratios and lift. Be sure to get a 4x4 for the beach though. I have a 16 TH and love it. But I do a lot less mileage than you too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

post #4 of 25 Old 07-28-2016, 07:52 PM
IndianaGeo

One thing though where the f*** is the sunglasses holder!?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
post #5 of 25 Old 07-31-2016, 01:08 PM
PDXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Personally, I really liked the Sport we reviewed for our website. It had the manual MySky top, the 2.4 liter, and the 9AT.

I've also driven the Trailhawk, which is great, too, but I've already got an off-roader.

What I really want to drive, however, is the 1.4t with the 6MT, which is likely the one I'd buy for myself.

Sport Review
http://www.subcompactculture.com/201...ade-sport.html

Trailhawk Review
http://www.subcompactculture.com/201...trailhawk.html
Attached Thumbnails
2015-Renegade-Lead.jpg  

2001 XJ
post #6 of 25 Old 08-13-2016, 06:02 PM
hyperionjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXJ View Post
Personally, I really liked the Sport we reviewed for our website. It had the manual MySky top, the 2.4 liter, and the 9AT.

I've also driven the Trailhawk, which is great, too, but I've already got an off-roader.

What I really want to drive, however, is the 1.4t with the 6MT, which is likely the one I'd buy for myself.

Sport Review
http://www.subcompactculture.com/201...ade-sport.html

Trailhawk Review
http://www.subcompactculture.com/201...trailhawk.html
Great Write-Ups. I think I made up my mind on my next vehicle: Renegade Trailhawk.

OIF 1 Veteran and US supporter.
post #7 of 25 Old 08-17-2016, 09:19 PM
El_Crusty
1972 CJ5 

Don't. This is coming from someone who was a tech at a dealership until 6 months ago. It's nothing more than a rebadged Fiat- very cheaply made.
post #8 of 25 Old 08-18-2016, 09:29 AM
DuncsJeeps

2006 XK Commander 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Crusty View Post
Don't. This is coming from someone who was a tech at a dealership until 6 months ago. It's nothing more than a rebadged Fiat- very cheaply made.
El_Crusty, There are a lot of people around that are very happy with their Renegade. Can you please provide specific issues as to why people might not want it? I'm not aware of any recurring issues with it. Do you know something the rest of us don't?

Otherwise, it's just feels like you're making an inflammatory mark to get a rise out of people.
DaveJKJ likes this.

2017 WK2 Trailhawk - 3.6L: Daily Driver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: OME HD, RRO UCA, T/A KO2, Rack w/LED, Custom storage drawers, Winch, Front and Rear Bumpers - In Progress

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Sold

- RRO Sliders, 27 MPG: Sold

|
post #9 of 25 Old 08-24-2016, 11:48 AM
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2015 JK Wrangler 

i would like to know also el crusty.
post #10 of 25 Old 08-25-2016, 01:37 AM
mrsig
2007 JK Wrangler 

We love ours had it over a year and 0 problems.

And a club members of our love his to death.

priell3, DaveJKJ and DuncsJeeps like this.

07 JKU To see mods & my Jeep in Action @

CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s

Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
post #11 of 25 Old 08-31-2016, 01:32 PM
PDXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Love it! If my daily ever goes out on me, I'm getting Renegade.

2001 XJ
post #12 of 25 Old 09-03-2016, 01:10 PM
NYPA115

We bought a 2016 Renegade Latitude last month and we LOVE it. It's no more cheaply built than any other 2016 new car. In fact, it feels more substantial to me than the 2008 VW Passat we traded in on it. The Jeep is comfortable, has good power, shifts well and does whatever we ask it to. No drama and to top it off, a cool look that my wife LOVES and to be honest - I catch myself making eyes at it in the driveway more often than I'd care to admit.

Improvements have been made to the new models. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Renegade to anyone I know and if I didn't need a pickup (and wasn't such a fat ***) I'd buy one myself.

Go for it!
post #13 of 25 Old 10-01-2016, 08:49 AM
0cel0tl

I got 2016 trailhawk and I absolutely love it. Although i also have a TJ built for going off the beaten path, I love the renegade in that it's the best of both worlds: a comfortable daily driver with rugged styling AND the ability to take me into the wild. I would definitely recommend it. Rennys Rock
post #14 of 25 Old 10-03-2016, 09:31 AM
Spike6901
1997 ZJ 

I spent the weekend driving a Trailhawk and really liked it. I was surprised at how well it ran with the 4 banger and how good it rode. I got to test out the rock mode a little on a bad road and the little guy impressed me with its surefooted traction and ride.

No, it isn't a Wrangler but a whole lot easer to live with daily and a fun little dude to drive. It isn't big enough for my needs but If I wasn't hauling around kids and dogs, I would seriously consider picking one up.

Future: '17 JKU
Current: '97 ZJ - Lots of mods
Past: CJ-7, XJ, KJ, JKU
post #15 of 25 Old 10-14-2016, 01:39 PM
Rpoole3673

Renegade club in OKC

We bought a renegade trail hawk and love it! Is there a renegade club in OKC, Ok? We would like to do outings with other renegades owners.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.