N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! ********SURVEY******* - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Jeep Recalls > N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! ********SURVEY*******

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

View Poll Results: Has the N23 recall been successful on your vehicle?
Yes, the recall was performed without issue. I have shifted into 4x4 Low multiple times. 38 9.00%
Yes, the recall was performed but I had to have the actuator replaced. FREE OF CHARGE 28 6.64%
Yes, the recall was performed but I had to have the actuator replaced. PAID FOR REPAIR 11 2.61%
No, the recall was performed and my service 4wd light is on. 230 54.50%
I will not be getting the recall performed due to the problems. 115 27.25%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 12-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
nychaze
2010 XK Commander 

N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! ********SURVEY*******

This is a survey to determine the # of people that have had issues with the N23 recall.

People have reported that there service 4wd message has come on within days or weeks of having the recall performed. The message disables being able to shift into 4x4 LOW.

In cases the dealerships have replaced actuators to have the issue happen again.

The only known fix at the time is to clear the codes which will allow the system to operate correctly for a hours/days/weeks.

Jeep dealerships and the customer service branch have no knowledged that there is a correlation between the recall and the service 4wd issues and have been charging some for the fixes others they say are cover under warranty.

Please answer the survey below:

nychaze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
nychaze
2010 XK Commander 

Meant to add another option:

No, actuator was replaced but my service 4wd message is still on.

If you have that problem, select NO and post your problem below.
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
ASTMedic

Had service done. Got service 4wd message and I'm going to the dealer this week. Will post more later
ASTMedic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #4
hawgripper
2008 WK 

had the recall done and the message for 4WD low came on, went back to the dealer and had them clear the code 3 times and haven't had an issue since and that was a month ago with multiple runs now in 4 low.
hawgripper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
maloj2003wj
2006 WK 

had recall done. Service 4wd message still came on. Cleared codes 3 times with superchips about 2 weeks ago. No issue so far.
Unread 12-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #6
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Should be another choice for the same problem after multiple actuators being changed. Its been done twice on mine. Still no 4low
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #7
Rockin1
2006 XK Commander 

Had actuator replaced free, lasted 2 months
Rockin1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #8
ducktail
2009 WK 

They did a recall service. The first time I needed the 4wd Lo I did not have it. The dealer says there is corrosion on the actuator. Actuator is on backorder. Supposedly covered under extended warranty. We'll see what happens next. I will be driving in ordinary drive while waiting on the part.
Unread 12-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #9
ducktail
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maloj2003wj View Post
had recall done. Service 4wd message still came on. Cleared codes 3 times with superchips about 2 weeks ago. No issue so far.
You should not have to be doing that.
Unread 12-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #10
nychaze
2010 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007 View Post
Should be another choice for the same problem after multiple actuators being changed. Its been done twice on mine. Still no 4low
I know but I can't edit the poll.

If you have this problem please leave a post and select the NO option...sorry about that.

This will give us a better idea of the number of people effected since jeep thinks everyone they see is a special case.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 12-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #11
bmac13579
2007 WK 

Being the reserved, and safe person I typically am, I decided to get the N23 recall done.
Needless to say, it didn't work the first time and kept getting the 'Service 4-Wheel Drive' error message.
I took it back to the dealer with the N23 Recall Procedure and told them that it needs to be fixed.
The dealer performed the recall again and it seemed to work.....well.....only for a couple of days.
I took it back to the dealer and told them my 4Low wasnt working again and they said they could hook it up to the computer and look for codes but it would cost at least $50 to just hook it up.
I gave in and told them to do it.
And with my luck, the dealer's uplink to Chrysler went down. So I just got my WK back and went home.
It visit didn't cost anything, but I didn't get to figure out what's going on.

My next attempt is to just replace the actuator myself, but I don't think I should have to pay for a new actuator considering its Chrysler's fault that it doesn't work any more.
2007 WK - Silver WK Club Member #71, 4.7L V8, 5 spd Auto, Autobot Decal (grfxedge.com), Aspen Creek Front Tow Shackles, Factory Tow Hitch
Check out more pictures and info here: www.mywk.tumblr.com
bmac13579 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #12
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Not getting it done anytime soon. I like my Jeeps to actually work. I keep them out of the hands of service techs. If I have a problem I will do it myself.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #13
ASTMedic

Bmac,

Replacing the actuator isn't going to fix it either. It's a faulty error code and the only soulution is to keep clearing it to allow the actuator to work. The software is the problem not hardware.
ASTMedic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #14
ducktail
2009 WK 

I am told the actuator is on backorderl until Feb of 2014
ducktail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #15
road_tripper

recall done, waited for actuator, dealer installed new actuator... 2 weeks later 'service 4wd system'
road_tripper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.