N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! - Page 25 - JeepForum.com

 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #361 of 4842 Old 11-20-2013, 06:21 AM
lucifers_jeep
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Antwerp
Posts: 38
Well, my 4lo is out again..... back to the dealership it goes.

lucifers_jeep is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 4842 Old 11-20-2013, 07:06 AM
FireMedic493
Registered User
2006 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fort Wayne/Huntington
Posts: 81
Well, I had the commander back in to the dealership yet again. Turns out they lied about changing out the transfer case actuator, and got caught by Chrysler during my communication between them. They will be replacing it, but they claim it's still on backorder. I think I'm gonna go the superchips route here soon. Does anyone know if the programmer permanently clears the codes and fixes the problem, or does it come back like when the dealership clears it? Also, could someone post up the exact model of superchips again? I lost it in the 20+ pages of info here.

Thanks!

2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L, QDII, Stock height, Stock skid plates, Custom Off-Road light setup, Custom front/rear recovery points, aftermarket tow hitch, K&N cold air intake, Stock size Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor A/T tires, Enough flashy blue lights to send you into epileptic seizures
FireMedic493 is offline  
post #363 of 4842 Old 11-20-2013, 07:35 AM
abajoczky
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North Augusta
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedic493 View Post
Well, I had the commander back in to the dealership yet again. Turns out they lied about changing out the transfer case actuator, and got caught by Chrysler during my communication between them. They will be replacing it, but they claim it's still on backorder. I think I'm gonna go the superchips route here soon. Does anyone know if the programmer permanently clears the codes and fixes the problem, or does it come back like when the dealership clears it? Also, could someone post up the exact model of superchips again? I lost it in the 20+ pages of info here.

Thanks!
It'll come back eventually just like from the dealer, mine has before. But, at least you'll be able to the clear the codes without having to visit the dealer. Mine is a Flashpaq 3875, bought it used and unlocked off of Craigslist for $150.

2007 XK Limited
4.7L Flex
QDII
abajoczky is offline  
post #364 of 4842 Old 11-20-2013, 07:53 AM
lucifers_jeep
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Antwerp
Posts: 38
Just called the 800 number and ripped them a new one. Dealership is next.......
lucifers_jeep is offline  
post #365 of 4842 Old 11-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Jeep1975
Registered User
2006 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Jessup
Posts: 3
I was told today that the "Final Drive Control Module" is the same as the "Transfer Case Control Module" for all the DIY's out there. It can be changed easily, but (you guessed it) it has to be programmed by the dealer. Part two to the problem (from what I was told) is that there appears to be a shortage of them (RL044129AO, latest model, new and refurbished, NV 245 Transfer Case). Jeez, I wonder why there is a shortage. LOL....
As I mentioned in a prior post, I opened a case with Chrysler that hit a dead-end when the regional manager said the failure/malfunction of the FDCM is not related to the recall.... However and unfortunately, until Chrysler finally recognizes or admits (if ever) that this is a related issue, you will have to pay for the installation and/or programming of the FDCM if you wish to use your 4WD Low Range. I'm just hoping this is the fix and not a shot in the dark.
I'm not sure what else to do at this point other than letting them install and program the FDCM (if one is available) to the tune of $504.75. I was quoted $621.00, but I was told that was in error. If and when, this too becomes covered by the recall, I was told you can submit to Chrysler for reimbursement, you just need the receipt regardless if you still own the vehicle
I would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions/insights. Is there a way to fast track this additional recall issue?? I usually never get worked up about this kind of thing, but this really has me upset....
Jeep1975 is offline  
post #366 of 4842 Old 11-20-2013, 03:57 PM
slayerized6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 104
Where abouts on the transfer case is the actuator? And what does it look like. I want to mark mine before I bring it in to get swapped out in a few weeks.

2008 Grand Cherokee (WK)- 5.7l HEMI. OME HD Lift, Superchips Tune w/ ATT, aFe Intake, Flowmaster 44
slayerized6 is offline  
post #367 of 4842 Old 11-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Robert J. yates
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: mars
Posts: 3,081
Thank god I never initiated any work on my truck related to this. Jeep ought to be ashamed of themselves. What a clusterf@#k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgm2 View Post
And yes, I am an exceptional scientist and engineer.
Robert J. yates is offline  
post #368 of 4842 Old 11-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Blue_Sassley
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 75
I fell super lucky after reading this thread. I never used my 4-low before I did the recall. But tested it for the first time since owning this jeep it was about 7 weeks ago and it was fine (that was a month or so after I had the recall done). Then used it many times for about the next two or three weeks after well I was hunting and had to drive thru some swampy roads and very lightly flooded trails.

I really feel sorry for those that have had issues.

Blue

2008 Grand Cherokee Laredo CRD - QDII - GDE Tune Oct 2013 - DPF delete by tnadanzig
2002 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L - ST - Stock (Wreaked)
1999 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L - QTII - Stock
1997 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L - ST - Stock (Wreaked)
Blue_Sassley is offline  
post #369 of 4842 Old 11-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Chirpz
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Battle Ground
Posts: 1,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by nychaze View Post
Just went and bought a super chip flashpaq down at 4 wheel parts an hour ago...cleared the codes and shifted into 4wd multiple times.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Could you give the exact model number and name of that device please. Also...what did it cost?

Chirpz
2007 WK 3.0L CRD, Quadradrive II, GDE EcoTune, DPF-Delete
4xGuard Front, Rear, Belly, & Side Rails, Factory Skids
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline  
post #370 of 4842 Old 11-20-2013, 07:38 PM
slayerized6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpz View Post
Could you give the exact model number and name of that device please. Also...what did it cost?
I just purchased one yesterday. Waiting for it to come via UPS. This was the best price

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Performan...9&t_pn=SCI3870

USE COUPON CODE "CC5OFF" FOR 5% OFF. FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED YOU ALSO GET A $25 Promo Coupon

TOTAL= $269.79

2008 Grand Cherokee (WK)- 5.7l HEMI. OME HD Lift, Superchips Tune w/ ATT, aFe Intake, Flowmaster 44
slayerized6 is offline  
post #371 of 4842 Old 11-20-2013, 07:49 PM
nychaze
Registered User
2010 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Denver
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerized6 View Post
I just purchased one yesterday. Waiting for it to come via UPS. This was the best price

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Performan...9&t_pn=SCI3870

USE COUPON CODE "CC5OFF" FOR 5% OFF. FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED YOU ALSO GET A $25 Promo Coupon

TOTAL= $269.79
If you have a local 4wheelparts store call to see if they have 1 in stock but make sure you tell there website shows it cheaper. Its like $300 off the shelf.

Manufacture - Model
SuperChip - Flashpaq 3870

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
nychaze is offline  
post #372 of 4842 Old 11-21-2013, 03:53 AM
OttawaJeepClub
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 109
Anyone with a Predator able to clear the codes? When I returned it back to the stock tune, it seemed to clear them, just wondering. DS suggested I try someone with an Intune to see if it will clear them, but I don't know anyone around me with one.
OttawaJeepClub is offline  
post #373 of 4842 Old 11-21-2013, 07:27 AM
Rockin1
Registered User
2006 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: FOR SALE
Posts: 86
I have posted this link before. I recommend that all fill it out. They do contact you within 24 hours, and they contact your dealer. http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/EmailPage.html
Rockin1 is offline  
post #374 of 4842 Old 11-21-2013, 06:52 PM
xjtrailrider
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Roanoke VA
Posts: 124
4-low is out again on mine. Back to the dealer. It made it a month this time
xjtrailrider is offline  
post #375 of 4842 Old 11-22-2013, 07:24 AM
jjarvis0007
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NLR
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep1975 View Post
I was told today that the "Final Drive Control Module" is the same as the "Transfer Case Control Module" for all the DIY's out there. It can be changed easily, but (you guessed it) it has to be programmed by the dealer. Part two to the problem (from what I was told) is that there appears to be a shortage of them (RL044129AO, latest model, new and refurbished, NV 245 Transfer Case). Jeez, I wonder why there is a shortage. LOL....
As I mentioned in a prior post, I opened a case with Chrysler that hit a dead-end when the regional manager said the failure/malfunction of the FDCM is not related to the recall.... However and unfortunately, until Chrysler finally recognizes or admits (if ever) that this is a related issue, you will have to pay for the installation and/or programming of the FDCM if you wish to use your 4WD Low Range. I'm just hoping this is the fix and not a shot in the dark.
I'm not sure what else to do at this point other than letting them install and program the FDCM (if one is available) to the tune of $504.75. I was quoted $621.00, but I was told that was in error. If and when, this too becomes covered by the recall, I was told you can submit to Chrysler for reimbursement, you just need the receipt regardless if you still own the vehicle
I would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions/insights. Is there a way to fast track this additional recall issue?? I usually never get worked up about this kind of thing, but this really has me upset....
Who's to say they don't mess that one up just like they did the first one? Obviously everyone's worked great before the recall. It's the programming not the hardware.
jjarvis0007 is offline  
Reply

Tags
error , recall

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome