Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low!

Tags
error recall
735K views 5K replies 513 participants last post by  MikeJeep09 
#1 ·
I had the Commander (4.7L, QTII) in for the recall less than two weeks ago, dealer performed the "reprogram final drive controller" reflash.

This morning I went to use 4wd low (first time since reflash), and immediately got the "Service 4wd System" light. It did not engage 4-low.

Light disappears once vehicle is restarted but comes back immediately if I attempt to go to 4-low, and stays on until I turn it off and restart.

Has anyone else who has had the recall performed experienced this?

If you've had it done, you may want to check.

I have an appointment to have it looked at so we wll see what happens, and I will update as I learn more.

Check your 4-low before signing off on the repair/recall.

#4,897 ·
We still carry our non-flashed FDCM. We still hold our breath every time my wife puts transfer case in Neutral so that we can tow it.

I put the FDCM that had the N-23 update back in when the P73 correction update came out. It was successfully installed the first time.

I would take your car to a different store and have it done again. Make sure they follow the procedures to the letter.

#4,899 ·
I pulled one from a scrapyard a while back but it started to pour and I left before noting the VIN. I'll send it to you if you want to take a shot in the dark, can't verify if its pre n23 or not as the p73 and a new transfer case actuator motor solved my NO 4LO issue. I want to say it had the 3.7 engine though can't confirm.

#4,905 ·
Not sure if this would help but I have been plagued since the beginning with the n23. I purchased a BlueDriver scanner that hooks to an app on your cell phone. It can read and clear codes that will allow you to go into 4 lo.

https://www.amazon.com/BlueDriver-Bluetooth-Professional-iPhone-Android/dp/B00652G4TS

I think with today's cars it is a necessity. I actually had a 4 lo code that was a problem, the front differential locking solenoid wire broke off, I replaced it and the code cleared itself. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.