Zorn is first to go - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Zorn is first to go

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 01-04-2010, 04:55 AM   #1
Slenny
2007 JK Wrangler 

Zorn is first to go

I'm sure Shanahan will replace him. Who do you think will be next? Any coach for the Raiders is always on the chopping block and if Wade Phillips don't win Saturday I'm sure he's gone.

Slenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 07:01 AM   #2
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

That's too bad, because their average loss margin aside from that last Giants game was under 7 points. Just some slightly better execution and they were a wild card team for sure.
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thoughts from a long time Redskin fan:

I think Zorn was probably one of the nicest guys around. Seems to have a lot of integrity and was well liked by everyone. He was set up to fail and in way over his head. He has been treated poorly by the Front Office and has remained classy. Good guy - but not a very good head coach. Some of his decisions with play calling, clock management etc.. were just plain terrible. All coaches make mistakes but Zorn is not head coach material and the Skins made a big mistake by hiring a QB coach to be the head coach.

Having said all that, I am now hoping that Snyder (owner) is finally seeing the light (not holding breath) and by hiring a real GM will let someone who knows football run his team. Firing Zorn this morning was the right move and hopefully they will find a qualified replacement. Im assuming Shanny will be announced in the next 24 hours as that person. Being a Skins fan has been tough since 1991.
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:41 AM   #4
bmyohn
Youngin'

2001 XJ Cherokee 

What pick did the skins end up getting? I am a die hard skins fan, i was hoping they would lose yesterday since the Bills won lol, hopefully now that we have a new GM we wont waist our draft picks this year. I think they should keep campbell and rebuild the offensive line so campbell has more then 1.2 seconds to throw the football. That being said, if the nebraska defensive lineman Suh, lasts till the 4th or 5th pick, whatever they ended up getting, how nasty would be Haynesworth and Suh be on the line! Try to run against those two!
4.6L Golen Engine Stroker

6.5" TnT Customs Longarm Kitl Ford HP D60 l 6.5" Rock Krawler Coils l TnT Customs HD Trac Barl Omix Ada HD SYE l 1" UBEsl CV Driveshaft l39.5" IROKsl 17x9" Pro Comp 98sl High Clearance Shock Mounts [COLOR="red"] l Hidden Hitch l AJs Custom Front Bumper l SONY Xplod stereo l Alpine Speakers l TnT Frame StiffenerZ l 22" RE SS Brake Lines l 1.5" TnT Customs Boomerang Shackles l Sterling 10.25 *FULL WIDTHS* l JKS Mini Skids and Sway Bar Brackets l 7/8" Heim Joint High Steer
bmyohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:44 AM   #5
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

They get the #4 pick unless someone else trades up or down, but they already used their 3rd round pick in the supplemental.
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:46 AM   #6
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
They get the #4 pick unless someone else trades up or down.
This is what I was thinking to but heard a report that it might come down to a coin toss between KC and the Skins for the #4 pick.

Either way, Im hoping of Okung!

www.extremeskins.com for all your Redskin news.
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #7
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The second round has KC #4 and WAS #5, so maybe that's how they decided. This draft stuff always confuses the hell out of me. I know there was a coin flip involved but I don't know if they did it yet or not.
Unread 01-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #8
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Well, looks like Shanahan is in at Washington.

I think Mangini is going to be the next to go now that Holmgren is at the helm. I don't know how that guy even has a job.

Last edited by PhilipJ; 01-05-2010 at 06:58 PM..
Unread 01-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #9
nopa
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Did you miss the Bills firing their entire coaching staff??? haha
nopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 06:58 PM   #10
coonash

1969 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopa View Post
Did you miss the Bills firing their entire coaching staff??? haha
They didn't just point a finger they shook the fist.
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
USN Jeep Club Number 41
coonash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #11
nopa
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coonash View Post
They didn't just point a finger they shook the fist.
haha yeahhh oh well needed to be done .. hopefully we land someone decent...
nopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #12
jerseyjeep22
1997 TJ Wrangler 

(eagles fan...to explain any harsh anti redskins comments, which after saying that are probably unnecessary) Yeah Zorn was a nice guy put in a bad spot without the skills to do the job. he is NOT a head coach. shanahan will really help them out, but I've never been a Jason Cambell fan, although his O-line doesn't give him many opportunities....

I hate dallas. thought i would throw that in there lol
jerseyjeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #13
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjeep22 View Post
(eagles fan...to explain any harsh anti redskins comments, which after saying that are probably unnecessary) Yeah Zorn was a nice guy put in a bad spot without the skills to do the job. he is NOT a head coach. shanahan will really help them out, but I've never been a Jason Cambell fan, although his O-line doesn't give him many opportunities....

I hate dallas. thought i would throw that in there lol
Just thought I would respond that I really hate the Eagles and Cowboys. But I do like TJs
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #14
bmyohn
Youngin'

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho-Jeep View Post
Just thought I would respond that I really hate the Eagles and Cowboys. But I do like TJs

agreed lol
4.6L Golen Engine Stroker

6.5" TnT Customs Longarm Kitl Ford HP D60 l 6.5" Rock Krawler Coils l TnT Customs HD Trac Barl Omix Ada HD SYE l 1" UBEsl CV Driveshaft l39.5" IROKsl 17x9" Pro Comp 98sl High Clearance Shock Mounts [COLOR="red"] l Hidden Hitch l AJs Custom Front Bumper l SONY Xplod stereo l Alpine Speakers l TnT Frame StiffenerZ l 22" RE SS Brake Lines l 1.5" TnT Customs Boomerang Shackles l Sterling 10.25 *FULL WIDTHS* l JKS Mini Skids and Sway Bar Brackets l 7/8" Heim Joint High Steer
bmyohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #15
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You'll are just jealous of our cheerleaders and the 40 million dollar big screen. You'll didn't know that is all you need to make the play offs? Here is a picture of both.
Cuder is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.