Is YOUR spouse immature? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Is YOUR spouse immature?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Is YOUR spouse immature?

Heres the deal. My girlfriend who I have been with for over 5 years is my best friend and I love her more than anything....but she needs to grow up. We both work full time but still live at home....(saving up to buy a house) and I think I have grown up alot since working full time, but I feel like she hasn't. When it comes to certain things, she acts like she has no idea what is going on and looks to me with the dumbfounded look on her face, expecting me to fix everything...Example: Friday night we went out looking for a computer since it was tax free...I asked her before we talked with anyone if she knew what she was going to say and if she wanted my help...she said no...so I stayed out of it. She starts talking to the lady about what she wants out of a computer and it was a trainwreck from there. She wasn't making any sense at all..so I jumped in and just told the lady what she wanted....everything was fine...we got the computer and I mentioned something to her and she just goes off about how mean I am and how I never have anything nice to say...but she CANNOT take criticism at all....I told her Friday night that she needed to grow up and stop acting like she is 8...she cried and called me a jerk...blah blah blah..anyways....any of ya'll deal with that with your spouse? just the fact that they need to grow up and realize that aren't a kid anymore.

Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
Ayres56
2008 JK Wrangler 

My wife was very immature when we first married. I think it was more that she had been spoiled and had "princess" issues. It didn't help that we hadn't lived together at all and I deployed and was injured and MEDEVAC's back to the states, so our first time living together also included me dealing with major injuries, surgeries and PTSD. But, over the last 2 years she has grown up substantially. She has started to communicate better, realize that everything wasn't going to be the way she wanted and it helped that her parents weren't up her rear daily. Good luck, though, some people will never grow up.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"][B]2008 Unlimited Rubicon [COLOR="Red"]Flame Red[/COLOR] 4.10 gears. Auto. Tow Package. 3" Synergy Lift w/ RK RRD shocks. RK front and rear bombproof track bars, RK Adj. Front LCA's. 35x12.50x17 Cooper STT's. Rugged Ridge XHD Modular Front Stubby with hoop. Smittybilt XRC-8 winch. Bed-Lined Grill mod with mesh inserts.[/B][/FONT]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]"A government big enough to supply you with everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have...." - Thomas Jefferson[/FONT]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/ayres56-build-thread-1199203/"]Ayres' Build[/url]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="5"]SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM[/SIZE][/FONT]
Ayres56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
4XGore
2 chicks at the same time

1980 CJ7 

Nope, my spouse is more mature than me. Maybe too mature. I wish she would lighten up actually.
4XGore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
Ski01xj
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post
Heres the deal. My girlfriend who I have been with for over 5 years is my best friend and I love her more than anything....but she needs to grow up. We both work full time but still live at home....(saving up to buy a house) and I think I have grown up alot since working full time, but I feel like she hasn't. When it comes to certain things, she acts like she has no idea what is going on and looks to me with the dumbfounded look on her face, expecting me to fix everything...Example: Friday night we went out looking for a computer since it was tax free...I asked her before we talked with anyone if she knew what she was going to say and if she wanted my help...she said no...so I stayed out of it. She starts talking to the lady about what she wants out of a computer and it was a trainwreck from there. She wasn't making any sense at all..so I jumped in and just told the lady what she wanted....everything was fine...we got the computer and I mentioned something to her and she just goes off about how mean I am and how I never have anything nice to say...but she CANNOT take criticism at all....I told her Friday night that she needed to grow up and stop acting like she is 8...she cried and called me a jerk...blah blah blah..anyways....any of ya'll deal with that with your spouse? just the fact that they need to grow up and realize that aren't a kid anymore.
Sounds like it's just something she's not interested in. Personally I would have done the research together at home and just gone in and found something. Explain why you want A vs B and so on. That way she'll know in the future too.

To answer your question though, no. Sometimes she needs to really ligthen up.
Ski01xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
attentionwhore
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Mine is sometimes, but she is 10 years younger than I am.
attentionwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 11:33 AM   #6
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post
You have to know when to shut up and when to speak up. IF you were going to be involved you should have discussed thing BEFORE you went shopping. When you did discuss it was agreed you would keep out of it, but you didn’t. You get the dumb *** award for that.

I don't think it is she can't take criticism, I think it is because she felt embarrassed or belittled by you stepping in.

You don't deal with your spouse, you work with her.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #7
Keith
Admin

Mine is more mature then I am but I know lots of guys who's wives act like teenagers still. Very awkward to be around.

Glock Forum
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #8
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

I am going to agree with Ross, you should've let her keep talking to the "lady" until she ASKS for your help.

She specifically requested that you not help, you should've followed her wishes.
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #9
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #10
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

Only if you asked my wife.......

Up here - we go by results, when you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
It's like dads new mistress. You hate her until you see her boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I bet the new bike riding monkey will pedal a lot faster!
Truck633 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #11
WhtJeep
2008 WK 

Yes thats why i dumped her
Originally Posted by cresso
Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it's a 35
XboxGT - The Mad Med1c
WhtJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #12
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

I think some people confuse "immature" with "crazy."
Balvar24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #13
KHoff90

I feel sorry for my future brother-in-law. My sister is VERY immature

PSN: KHoff128
KHoff90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #14
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I've never been attracted to immature girls, I don't care about age but I want them to act like they are 5-10 years older than they appear(that's not saying much for some age groups..)

My last girlfriend who seemed to be the most mature girl I've ever met turned out to be the most dishonest I've ever met. Lost a best friend because of that.

OP, find something that is mature enough for you, some people don't want to grow up.
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #15
JeeperSC
2008 JK Wrangler 

You should have let her shop for the computer alone and went browsing somewhere until she was done! That way if the computer was not what she wanted she couldnt throw it back on you. And she couldnt have argued with you about putting your two sense in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.