You know you drive a pickup truck when ... - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > You know you drive a pickup truck when ...

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 11-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #76
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadslram View Post
Seriously?
You try to drag in a Jeep?

Oh yeah that's what they are good for. You know what else they are good for? Cornering at 80mph

OLD MAN RANT WARNING!!

I can take my truck AND my YJ around corners just as fast as anyone else...That follows the speed limit.
My truck, my Jeep and my wife's mini van can come "off the line" just as fast as they need to to make it to the next light.

If you want to drag race, or corner at 80 moh please take it to a track and stay off public roads. There are too many innocent people that don't want to see the inside of a hospital (if they're lucky) because of your immature asshattery.
Losing my license or getting points is my main concern, since my license IS my job and how I make a living. Having more responsibility will sure make you more mature out there on the road.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #77
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

Seriously?

Oh yeah that's what they are good for. You know what else they are good for? Cornering at 80mph

OLD MAN RANT WARNING!!

I can take my truck AND my YJ around corners just as fast as anyone else...That follows the speed limit.
My truck, my Jeep and my wife's mini van can come "off the line" just as fast as they need to to make it to the next light.

If you want to drag race, or corner at 80 moh please take it to a track and stay off public roads. There are too many innocent people that don't want to see the inside of a hospital (if they're lucky) because of your immature asshattery.
Only way to drag race jeep get a niner edelbroc heads true duel exhaust a nv3500 trans and a turbo or supercharger performance pcm better injectors list goes on and on make sure you get the racing suspension though.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #78
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post

Losing my license or getting points is my main concern, since my license IS my job and how I make a living. Having more responsibility will sure make you more mature out there on the road.
I won't lie I speed 55 in a 40 on my way home because for one its the main road and no one is on it besides the kids with 500hp+ cars lol
Unread 11-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #79
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2xW...e_gdata_player
Unread 11-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #80
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
I won't lie I speed 55 in a 40 on my way home because for one its the main road and no one is on it besides the kids with 500hp+ cars lol
Speed limits are merely a suggestion in my area, only people with beater compact pickups carrying hay or something go that slow. The main road leading to my house is 55mph, but everybody goes anywhere from 60-75mph down that road. Even the county sheriff's speed around here all the time. If it's not a neighborhood road (for lack of a better term) EDIT: If the road is paved: the speed limit is 55mph.

There aren't any kids walking around out here, it's the desert and everything is extremely far away for walking. A lot of times I'll see some chick barely into high school driving a car around here, no way in hell they're gonna walk all that way into town. Everyone has a 2 acre and above property, so there aren't any kids playing in the road.

It's a bit different in a rural area, but in the cities, I'm on the lookout and watching my speed at the same time. People have no sense of road courtesy in the city, and people don't watch their kids.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #81
Cravenmoorehead
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
when you think its cool and its a piece of ****

when you drive the hell out of it and its all ****ed up now

when you cant do anything but haul a few boxes

when its all bro'd out and looks like redneck rice

wow, so what happens if you own a truck and a jeep. also what is redneck rice?
Unread 11-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #82
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

http://ispot.tv/a/7Vm0

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7Vm0/chevrole...sons-silverado

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #83
Ross00TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Seriously?

OLD MAN RANT WARNING!!

I never really go much more than 5 over the Speed limit in either my diesel or my Jeep. I also don't drag race. When I do, its on a dirt county road and no one else is on it and that doesn't happen often because I'm usually working.

Now go take your blood pressure meds and calm down, getting worked up over little **** is gonna kill you one day old man. Just because you can't remember being in your 20's doesn't negate the fact that almost everyone does a few reckless and wild things in that age group.

Now...
Something about a truck.
Unread 11-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #84
Ross00TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
Speed limits are merely a suggestion in my area, only people with beater compact pickups carrying hay or something go that slow. The main road leading to my house is 55mph, but everybody goes anywhere from 60-75mph down that road. Even the county sheriff's speed around here all the time. If it's not a neighborhood road (for lack of a better term) EDIT: If the road is paved: the speed limit is 55mph.

There aren't any kids walking around out here, it's the desert and everything is extremely far away for walking. A lot of times I'll see some chick barely into high school driving a car around here, no way in hell they're gonna walk all that way into town. Everyone has a 2 acre and above property, so there aren't any kids playing in the road.

It's a bit different in a rural area, but in the cities, I'm on the lookout and watching my speed at the same time. People have no sense of road courtesy in the city, and people don't watch their kids.
Right.

I usually do under the speed limit in the city, gives me more time to observe and react to all the idiots always in a hurry. Plus, more often than not, if I'm in the city I've either got a trailer on the back of my truck, or I'm driving a 20' International box truck loaded with produce or a tractor with a 50' grain trailer loaded with grain.

Now on them dirt roads, I do whatever I feel like doing. Sometimes it's slow due to conditions, or I'm kicking up clouds of dust. On some stretches, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone on the road.

Of course sometimes I "drag race" other combines when I'm in our Massey combine. However that is quite low speed.
Unread 11-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #85
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross00TJ View Post
I never really go much more than 5 over the Speed limit in either my diesel or my Jeep. I also don't drag race. When I do, its on a dirt county road and no one else is on it and that doesn't happen often because I'm usually working.

Now go take your blood pressure meds and calm down, getting worked up over little **** is gonna kill you one day old man. Just because you can't remember being in your 20's doesn't negate the fact that almost everyone does a few reckless and wild things in that age group.

Now...
Something about a truck.
My BP is always on the low side, it's my triglycerides that are high.
I do remember my 20s and late teens. I remember all 6 mustangs, the 69 vette and the 79 trans am I had. I even raced on occaision. Addco, Englishtown and dirt track at Flemington. The only time I raced on the street was out on Long Island 231. It was one of the top ten street strips in the country according to Hot Rod mag. But never with a passenger and only when there were blockers at the on ramps.

I do remember the best part also. Sitting at a light next to a gueed who wanted to impress the big haired girlfriend du jour. I blip the throttle to get the whole car to rock, he wants to race, I rev just before the light changes, then on the green I putt off the line and let him tear off looking like a jerk. Even better if the local PD was in the areas

When I first started driving I thought I had something to prove. But once I got some real iron muscle and spent so much blood sweat tears and dollars on my rides I knew I was as fast as I needed to be, no proving required. The downside got more expensive too.

Truck stuff
My diesel has lots of torque but I've been driving it for 15 yrs now and know it inside out. Off a light with no one in front I put my foot right to where the 35, 45 or 55 mph would be and leave it there. Occaisionally I'll get a ricer who thinks I'm racing but it just makes sense to me to use the torque to get to the speed limit quickly. It seems to be the best for my milage.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #86
Ross00TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My BP is always on the low side, it's my triglycerides that are high.
I do remember my 20s and late teens. I remember all 6 mustangs, the 69 vette and the 79 trans am I had. I even raced on occaision. Addco, Englishtown and dirt track at Flemington. The only time I raced on the street was out on Long Island 231. It was one of the top ten street strips in the country according to Hot Rod mag. But never with a passenger and only when there were blockers at the on ramps.

I do remember the best part also. Sitting at a light next to a gueed who wanted to impress the big haired girlfriend du jour. I blip the throttle to get the whole car to rock, he wants to race, I rev just before the light changes, then on the green I putt off the line and let him tear off looking like a jerk. Even better if the local PD was in the areas

When I first started driving I thought I had something to prove. But once I got some real iron muscle and spent so much blood sweat tears and dollars on my rides I knew I was as fast as I needed to be, no proving required. The downside got more expensive too.

Truck stuff
My diesel has lots of torque but I've been driving it for 15 yrs now and know it inside out. Off a light with no one in front I put my foot right to where the 35, 45 or 55 mph would be and leave it there. Occaisionally I'll get a ricer who thinks I'm racing but it just makes sense to me to use the torque to get to the speed limit quickly. It seems to be the best for my milage.
My Jeep is geared low for the tire size and thus I reach higher RPMs quick, all the kids in their tuners always think I'm racing. I'm just driving and don't care about the city folk and their Japanese rice burners. My truck is even worse because a modded and chipped Cummins 5.9 accelerates quite fast and tends to blow off some nice black smoke at times.

Of course when I drive my Massey combine, everyone just goes around me and gets all pissy. Same with my International tractor when hauling grain or if I have the POS White-GMC it's even worse.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.