You know you drive a pickup truck when ... - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > You know you drive a pickup truck when ...

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 10-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #61
HubDeepDriver

You know you drive a pick up when you pick up free furniture from the side of the road because it looks like you can make bed rails out of it.

HubDeepDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #62
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJames90 View Post
why?
Never owned one but all my friends who have had one have had issues with them. Older ones seem more reliable. My dad and I are getting a 1973 280z as a project though (basically for free). I've always liked the way they look.
Built Not Bought #666
KG8893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #63
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG8893 View Post

Never owned one but all my friends who have had one have had issues with them. Older ones seem more reliable. My dad and I are getting a 1973 280z as a project though (basically for free). I've always liked the way they look.
Why do dodge ram commercials have the truck pulling train cars? If you want to pull train cars wouldn't a train be a better choice?
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #64
Ross00TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecollarguy View Post
You have a 6ft bed that never has to be made
Can't even fit a standard length 2x4 in that tiny thing. Should have bought a long bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
Why do dodge ram commercials have the truck pulling train cars? If you want to pull train cars wouldn't a train be a better choice?
Can't drive a train everywhere.
Unread 10-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #65
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

These are about all the D-Bag truck owners, this does not apply to those who actually use their trucks for work.

-When you think it is fast.

Oh your truck can go fast in a straight line? Lets see it try to turn doing over 80 mph.

A guy in a modded diesel truck tried passing two cars on a main road. As soon as he got past the cars he had to slam on the brakes because a corner was coming up soon.

My friend with a modded Duramax wants to race my Jeep. There's two reasons that hasn't happened:
1. His Allison transmission crapped the bed, and the truck won't move
2. His second Allison transmission crapped the bed, and the truck won't move

-When you have 35s but have never driven on a dirt road
-When you put stacks on it, big rig tires, and huge tow mirrors and think its a big rig

-When you need the extended cab long bed version but you live by yourself in an apartment.

-When you get frustrated with traffic so you drive on people's lawns to get around it.

-When everyone in a truck somehow drinks Monster energy drinks or rides Dirtbikes (Fox stickers)

-When the tail lights are tinted so dark that when you hit the brakes nobody behind you can tell.

-When you have mud tires on 20" chrome rims

-When you don't know how to drive a big vehicle so you can never keep the truck in between the lines.

-When you can't park in a single space so you park across 4 spaces
-When you have a trailer attached but park in a space anyway leaving the trailer sticking out and blocking the parking lot

-When you drive down the highway at 80 mph with a bunch of loose lumber in the bed talking on the phone

-When you put a leveling kit on your truck and HID headlights and wonder why oncoming drivers always blind you

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #66
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkid03 View Post
These are about all the D-Bag truck owners, this does not apply to those who actually use their trucks for work. I use it as a commuter/crap hauler/jeep puller

-When you think it is fast. Its faster then the YJ

Oh your truck can go fast in a straight line? Lets see it try to turn doing over 80 mph. I probably could

Everything from here down does not apply to me

A guy in a modded diesel truck tried passing two cars on a main road. As soon as he got past the cars he had to slam on the brakes because a corner was coming up soon.

My friend with a modded Duramax wants to race my Jeep. There's two reasons that hasn't happened:

-When you put stacks on it, big rig tires, and huge tow mirrors and think its a big rig

-When you need the extended cab long bed version but you live by yourself in an apartment.

-When you get frustrated with traffic so you drive on people's lawns to get around it.

-When everyone in a truck somehow drinks Monster energy drinks or rides Dirtbikes (Fox stickers)

-When the tail lights are tinted so dark that when you hit the brakes nobody behind you can tell.

-When you don't know how to drive a big vehicle so you can never keep the truck in between the lines.

-When you have a trailer attached but park in a space anyway leaving the trailer sticking out and blocking the parking lot

-When you drive down the highway at 80 mph with a bunch of loose lumber in the bed talking on the phone

-When you put a leveling kit on your truck and HID headlights and wonder why oncoming drivers always blind you

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #67
Ross00TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkid03 View Post
These are about all the D-Bag truck owners, this does not apply to those who actually use their trucks for work.

-When you think it is fast.

Oh your truck can go fast in a straight line? Lets see it try to turn doing over 80 mph.

850 ft/lbs of torque will move you forward faster than most things on the road.

Only idiots think that is it's primary purpose though. But it is sure fun and does help quite a bit in traffic, load or no.

Ya know what else can go fast in a straight line but not turn worth a ****? Most American muscle cars. Because turning is for communist bastards.

Unread 10-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #68
Ross00TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJames90 View Post
I've beaten several modded and unmodded diesel trucks in my TJ many times before. Mainly because I weigh far less than they do and still put out relatively as much torque.

That, and 4.0 neva lose!
Unread 10-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #69
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #70
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Milli thread .
Know you drive a truck when you have to put some sand in your bed to weight it down in the winter
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #71
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
cant believe this thread is still here

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #72
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex
Milli thread .
Know you can't drive a truck when you have to put some sand in your bed to weight it down in the winter
Fixed it for you
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #73
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post
Fixed it for you
All about tires. My dad's F250 with BFG ATs and LSD front and rear won't go anywhere in the snow but my Jeep with open rear went anywhere with duratracs and hardly ever went out of 4x2.
Built Not Bought #666
KG8893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #74
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG8893 View Post
All about tires. My dad's F250 with BFG ATs and LSD front and rear won't go anywhere in the snow but my Jeep with open rear went anywhere with duratracs and hardly ever went out of 4x2.
lol bfgs are soo cool

when you have bfg at/ko's
Unread 11-04-2013, 05:07 AM   #75
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross00TJ View Post
I've beaten several modded and unmodded diesel trucks in my TJ many times before. Mainly because I weigh far less than they do and still put out relatively as much torque.

That, and 4.0 neva lose!
Seriously?
You try to drag in a Jeep?

Oh yeah that's what they are good for. You know what else they are good for? Cornering at 80mph

OLD MAN RANT WARNING!!

I can take my truck AND my YJ around corners just as fast as anyone else...That follows the speed limit.
My truck, my Jeep and my wife's mini van can come "off the line" just as fast as they need to to make it to the next light.

If you want to drag race, or corner at 80 moh please take it to a track and stay off public roads. There are too many innocent people that don't want to see the inside of a hospital (if they're lucky) because of your immature asshattery.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.