You know you drive a pickup truck when ... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > You know you drive a pickup truck when ...

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.comAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 10-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #31
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJames90 View Post
Ok Mabey FU was a bit harsh.
I dont use it as a "work truck"
Im not dumping loads of brick into it from an excavator or using it as a plow truck.
Before I looked at the Nissan I looked at all other makes of trucks. mine is an 05 so I was looking at used ones off the lot. We have 2 kids and travel alot so we wanted the truck to have 4 doors and maximum rear seat leg room.
The Nissan had just that. It also rode the best out of all of them. Its my daily driver. Its aslo used to haul crap and tow the jeep. Its got the tow package and no problem doing what i need it to do.
It was also a mutial decesion getting the Nissan. Ive been married since 85, When it came time to get something my Wife wanted an SUV that could haul the kids and the jeep. She didnt want a pick up, I always wanted a pickup so we comprimised and got the Nissan.
It rides great. Weve driven it from Maine to Florida. Im very happy with it and thats really all that matters
The Nissan is much much cheaper to maintain and I have been told, have not verified this but I've been told it specs at close to most 3500's. I just know that the diesel trucks we get in the shop are always a headache and the Titan's are like in and out in the same day for like no money. Don't get me wrong, we make great money on the diesels haha

Unread 10-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #32
Shadownwpa

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
when you make a thread to joke about pickups and the majority of posters love theyr mini semis so much they cant say a bad thing about em besides to bash others rides
Maybe we should make a thread about people who think they're better than those who drive a pickup? ... nah, its sad to make fun of the handicapped and mentally ill.
As far as people bickering over nissans and whatever... some people like their trucks and have a twisted sense of patriotism (walmart and harbor freight much?) To me it doesn't matter, my truck is paid off, its a tool, I use it daily now that I don't have a very capable motorcycle. There's plenty of days I could use something else but the utility of it can't be beaten, I don't like having to rely on others for things I should be able to take care of myself.
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #33
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

your a tool ...
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #34
Shadownwpa

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
you'RE a tool ...
... fixed it for ya, if you're gonna insult me at least put some effort in. Also, you're the one that started this.
Shadownwpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #35
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Derp
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #36
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJames90 View Post
My Yj is American and so am I. Relaxe, you will survive. My truck probably has more American parts then all the **** you purchase!
Welcome to 2013 where bought in the USA dosent always mean built in the USA
YJs were built in Canada...
Built Not Bought #666
KG8893 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #37
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I dint give half a **** about gas mileage. I want a fun. My ranchero is fun. Life is short so you might as well spend your bucks and have a blast.
Built Not Bought #666
KG8893 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #38
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG8893 View Post
I dint give half a **** about gas mileage. I want a fun. My ranchero is fun. Life is short so you might as well spend your bucks and have a blast.
Me neither. The Nissan gets 17 and the YJ gets 8

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #39
bigred33
1999 TJ Wrangler 

When you finally get sick of doing this:

So you get you one of these:

You keep the jeep of course.
bigred33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #40
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG8893 View Post
YJs were built in Canada...
Half wrong. They were also built at the Jeep Assembly Plant in Toledo, OH and Wranglers are still made there to this day.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 03:52 AM   #41
92XJT
2012 JK Wrangler 

You know you drive a pickup when.......

Hmm let me see
It comes with selectable lockers front / rear, e-sway bar disco
It comes with a 12k winch
Flexes pretty good, can haul six people
Can fit 35" tires without adding a lift

92XJT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #42
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92XJT View Post
You know you drive a pickup when.......

Hmm let me see
It comes with selectable lockers front / rear, e-sway bar disco
It comes with a 12k winch
Flexes pretty good, can haul six people
Can fit 35" tires without adding a lift

Minus the winch it sounds like a Ford Raptor haha
Unread 10-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #43
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody5788 View Post
Minus the winch it sounds like a Ford Raptor haha
I'm thinking Powerwagon..
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #44
JohnCrabtree
1994 ZJ 

Titans were designed in California by Diane Allen, the engines are built in Tenessee, and the trucks are assembled in Mississippi.

And these little gasser titans run a 15.3s 1/4 mile stock with 317 hp and 385 ft/lbs of torque. Our engine has more hp+torque than every single one of dodge's gas engines offered in the 1500 except the hemi. I'm not sure about fords but honestly I couldn't care less. Titans are one hell of a truck and they never seem to break. My father is at 115k on his 07 and he has not replaced anything except fluids and filters.
JohnCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #45
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCrabtree View Post
Titans were designed in California by Diane Allen, the engines are built in Tenessee, and the trucks are assembled in Mississippi.

And these little gasser titans run a 15.3s 1/4 mile stock with 317 hp and 385 ft/lbs of torque. Our engine has more hp+torque than every single one of dodge's gas engines offered in the 1500 except the hemi. I'm not sure about fords but honestly I couldn't care less. Titans are one hell of a truck and they never seem to break. My father is at 115k on his 07 and he has not replaced anything except fluids and filters.
Nice!!!
Except for the part about things breaking. Don't get me wrong. I love the truck but am glad bought the extend service warrantee. My 05 has 62000 miles on it.
So far I had both front wheel hubs replaced and the front diff under warrantee . The back up sensors work intermittently

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.