Wrangler X vs Sport - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Wrangler X vs Sport

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 02-20-2002, 04:52 PM   #1
Glare231

Wrangler X vs Sport

I was wondering what is the difference between the Wrangler Xs and the Sports?

-255/70/R16s
-54mm Throttle Body/Spacer
-si/do Flowmaster 40series
-4 1/2 inlet K&N cone filter
-Custom intake
-Autolite 3923
-180 tstat
-Performance chip

'96 XJ Country "Valkyrie
-235/75/R15 Liberator A/Ts
-Flowmaster DeltaFlow 40 Series
-K&N filtercharger w/custom airtube
-Borla Headers w/ 2 1/2 inch square intercooled exhaust tip
-Accel 8mm performance wire kit w/Champions
Glare231 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2002, 06:49 PM   #2
horatio102
Web Wheeler

It boils down to the availability of the Dana 44 diff, and I think that's about the only major difference. I THINK almost everything else can be optioned up on the X.
horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2002, 09:27 PM   #3
Josh

At least around here, the Wrangler X's are plain Jeeps that let you get some basic upgraded options without having to get the Sport package, the ones around here I have only seen with the stereos in them, here you can upgrade the rims but not sure, the ones I have seen only had the 205 or 215 on them
Unread 02-20-2002, 10:08 PM   #4
'drack

Yeah, it looks like about the only things you can't order are a D44 and the 30" tire/wheel group. Trac-loc and 3.73 gears are available though. Like mentioned above, it's pretty much just a stripped down Sport. Too bad you can't get a 44, it'd be great to get a 4.0 with just the basics w/o having to pay for some of the extra bells and whistles.

Keith
Unread 02-20-2002, 10:42 PM   #5
aroberts

The X's I saw all have plastic front windows and half doors. My Sport has full size doors and real glass windows.
aroberts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2002, 10:46 PM   #6
'drack

Quote:
Originally posted by aroberts:
The X's I saw all have plastic front windows and half doors. My Sport has full size doors and real glass windows.
The half doors are just standard equipment. Full doors can be had as an option(actually an option on Sports too). I had halfers on my last one, never again .

Keith
Unread 02-21-2002, 12:29 AM   #7
CB89XJ

'drack, Brian told me they were just basically the base model TJ w/ a few upgrades like a CD player (I think), and the 4.0L, instead of the 2.5L.

www.bmja.org
CB89XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2002, 02:59 AM   #8
horatio102
Web Wheeler

1/2 doors are standard on the SE and X, full steel are standard now on Sport and Sahara. You can option the other doors if you want.

You're all pretty much right. The X is a stripped down Sport, without the option of the Dana 44 or the 30" tire and wheel group.
horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2002, 06:54 AM   #9
'drack

Quote:
Originally posted by CB89XJ:
'drack, Brian told me they were just basically the base model TJ w/ a few upgrades like a CD player (I think), and the 4.0L, instead of the 2.5L.
Ya looking at dumping the XJ Colin ?

Keith
Unread 02-21-2002, 08:45 AM   #10
clrh20us

My X has every option that the sport can give except the dana 44 and the "canyon" wheel package. It has an upgraded wheel package, but still with the 225 GSA's. Full doors were an option, 7 speaker w/sub and cd player was an option. Tinted windows I think was an option too. The only other thing that is different is the skid plates.
clrh20us is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2002, 09:13 AM   #11
CETROV

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Doesn't the x only have a 14 gallon gas tank also- the bigger would be an option.
Unread 02-21-2002, 09:47 AM   #12
'drack

Quote:
Originally posted by CETROV:
Doesn't the x only have a 14 gallon gas tank also- the bigger would be an option.
Nahh, all TJ's come with the 19 gallon tank standard now. Not sure what year that started though. My '97 SE had a 14 gallon on it.

Keith
Unread 02-21-2002, 11:40 AM   #13
CB89XJ

Quote:
Ya looking at dumping the XJ Colin ?
Come on, man. I would never do such a crazy thing. Actually, I'd love to have a TJ, but this college thing is kinda holding me back for now, ya know.

www.bmja.org
CB89XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2002, 02:10 PM   #14
DwnhillrRM9

ok you guys are all missin one very key reason. the wrangler x is a model geared toward younger people with its more affordable price but with such options as cd player, 4.0L, power everything, and i believe you can get the 30" canyon group, cause im in bend oregon and i have seen 5 X's on our lot with the 30's on them, and one had a 44. but basicaly its a "youth" geared jeep with an affordable price tag. This is what our dealer owner told me.
DwnhillrRM9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.