Wow, Just Wow - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Wow, Just Wow

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
POLBOSS
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, Just Wow

DALLAS — An expensive and well-loved pug is still missing, stolen from a Dallas park.

The parents of Scooter have had contact with the thief, after a bizarre turn of events.

"It's really sad when we come home and the house is empty - no little wagging tail to greet us," said Rob Velevis.

Christmas Eve, Scooter the pug, left his bed, ran out his doggie doors to the backyard and slipped under the fence.

"He just vanished, but we assumed we'd find him pretty quickly because he loves people and would run up to the first people he sees," he said.

But Velevis and his wife had no such luck.

The day Scooter ended up in the park, that's when the woman approached him and then snatched him away.

Days went by still nothing, no scooter.

Until one day, the mailman showed up from the thief herself along with $20 and a Happy Holidays stamp.

"She expected she could take our little boy away from us for $20," Velevis said.

The woman writes that she has great remorse but after losing everything, she had to do it.

"The letter was so bizarre... She said she was penniless and needed a dog to give to her daughter for Christmas," Velevis added.

The letter goes on to say that her daughter is so happy and that the dog sleeps with her each night.

"My wife immediately broke down in tears," Velevis said.

The thief apologized but also refused to give the dog back.

Scooter's parents say they'll buy the little girl her own pug if he's returned.

"All she could think about was her own family and that's not right," said Velevis.

But they hope the thief will make it right, by putting a name to the letter.

The following is the original letter
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw...4dogletter.pdf
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw...g.ccc242f.html

POLBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
MissMurder
Enemy of all chicks

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Kill the *****!

Black Jeep Club V2.0 Member #218

Just so you all know, If I think you're an ******* I will gladly tell you. I'm not your everyday girl, so don't expect me to act like one. And yeah, I do like it topless and dirty!

Quoted Jetscuh: "I really have to force myself to eat nuts. There are other forms of protein as well, but it can be hard making sure you get enough at times."
MissMurder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2008, 07:10 PM   #3
glockfire

Ya, I agree, find the thief and kill kill kill.

Marine Corps Jeep Club Member #4
glockfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2008, 11:31 PM   #4
seanyb505
1997 XJ Cherokee 

some people...thief is dumb and should not have been allowed to procreate in the first place.

Projected date of completion - lol

www.jeepstrokers.com
seanyb505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2008, 11:53 PM   #5
fastredjeep
1986 XJ Cherokee 

Is there a microchip in the dog? Also, it looks like there were a lot of creases so there should be plenty of fingerprints to take a look at.

What a horrible thing to do. It seems the best thing the thief could have done would have been to remove herself from her daughter's life if she is that big of a disappointment.
[B][FONT="Arial Black"]Black Jeep Club member #127[/FONT][/B]
fastredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.