JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/)
-   -   Would you guys sell your silver coins? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/would-you-guys-sell-your-silver-coins-1571671/)

Cherokeekid88 09-05-2013 07:56 AM

Would you guys sell your silver coins?

I dont have alot but I probably have about $100 worth of various silver coins ($100 melt value) and was thinking about selling them to a local coin store. We just moved into our house and could use the extra cash (don't NEED it but could use it to help get us some stuff we need) I work at a bank, so I can always get more as people bring in Halves all the time and have no idea that they are worth anything..... Would you guys sell em or hold on to em?

vadslram 09-05-2013 08:02 AM

If they are worth a hundred now they will be worth more later.
Don't sell them unless you NEED the money.
I've got gold, old, silver and some double stamped coins. They are in the safe and stay there. If I never need to use them they will go to my kids.

vindicated 09-05-2013 08:59 AM

Sell them. Silver or gold, even diamonds. **** looking at them, they are money, nothing more.

NIUPonyBoy 09-05-2013 01:49 PM

I would hang onto them, heck I buy real stuff just in case.

holliewood61 09-06-2013 07:41 AM

im hanging onto mine, and pick up more when ever I get the chance. I let a bunch of mine go when it shot up to $48/oz and made out like a bandit. its just a matter of time before it jumps up again.

Cherokeekid88 09-06-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holliewood61 (Post 15878224)
im hanging onto mine, and pick up more when ever I get the chance. I let a bunch of mine go when it shot up to $48/oz and made out like a bandit. its just a matter of time before it jumps up again.

Yeah, Im gonna hang on to them. If they shoot up again to around that price, Ill sell.

holliewood61 09-06-2013 08:56 AM

If you change your mind pm me ill take it off your hands

Indy 09-06-2013 10:57 AM

I'd keep them. $100 isn't exactly a game changer. If it was 100k, different story.

vindicated 09-06-2013 11:05 AM

Dude, seriously. What is wrong with you people. Silver coins are a dime a dozen. Sell them, then when you have some more cash, buy some more.

1coopgt 09-08-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vindicated (Post 15879039)
Dude, seriously. What is wrong with you people. Silver coins are a dime a dozen. Sell them, then when you have some more cash, by some more.

It's "Buy" .

And if silver coins were a dime a dozen as you say everyone would have a ton of silver . And of coarse we know that's not true.

Being that the OP works at a bank he see's more than a normal person . If I see a pure silver coin more than once a year that is a lot. I always check my change for silver coins.

Op I'd save it unless you need the money.

vindicated 09-09-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1coopgt (Post 15886074)
It's "Buy" .

And if silver coins were a dime a dozen as you say everyone would have a ton of silver . And of coarse we know that's not true.

Being that the OP works at a bank he see's more than a normal person . If I see a pure silver coin more than once a year that is a lot. I always check my change for silver coins.

:dunno: This isn't PRC numb nutz. Settle down.

Besides, typo's are OK on the interwebz, I don't need you to be my spelling nanny. Also, I was not referring to the poor schlubs that pick through their pockets after visiting the 7-11 hoping to find some miracle million dollar silver coin. I was talking about the kind you buy, from brokers.

Nafpu 09-09-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1coopgt (Post 15886074)
It's "Buy" .

Hey there Nazi, check yo' self! It's of "course". Unless of course you meant to say "of abrasive".:hahaha:

vindicated 09-09-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nafpu (Post 15888871)
Hey there Nazi, check yo' self! It's of "course". Unless of course you meant to say "of abrasive".:hahaha:

:rofl: :rofl:

I love it and how did I miss it?

bigred33 09-09-2013 12:38 PM

If you're hunting at the bank as a teller and aren't a collector then sell them. Lots of us collectors pay tellers finders fees for silver, old coins, old paper notes, etc.

pushead 09-09-2013 01:45 PM

I would sell them and buy bullets why they are down in price again. I made a killing off the recent price spike that gold or silver could not compare too. I made approximatly a 500% return on a 2 week investment on 7.62x39.

Now I am in major restocking mode before the next presidential election. Although I am sure I will not have to wait that long to get a return on my investment the way our current leader is taking our civil rights. Not to mention in a time of chaos bullets will have a higher trade value than any silver or gold.

The time now is 10:42 AM.