would this disprove the existance of God? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > would this disprove the existance of God?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-14-2008, 09:13 AM   #46
ixl4

religion was set up to control the masses.
there is one universal power, the power of me.

oh, and god is almighty!

2000 Sport Manual.
Mods: RE 3.5 / JKS 1.25" BL / M.O.R.E. 1" MML / Rough Country Adjustable Trackbar / Dunlop Rover 33s Cragar 397 Soft Wheels / Winch / Nates4x4 Front Bumper & Rear w/ Tire Carrier / RE .75" Spacers / P.O.R.C. SYE / RE CV DS / Nth Degree Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms / SkyJacker Front and Rear Lower Arms
ixl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #47
Coldfever
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kairo View Post
eh, not really. It's irrelevant because it's nothing. You can't know it sucks because there's nothing to suck
I should have said it like this; eternal nothingness does in fact such while you are sitting here, still breathing, thinking about it. At least for some people.
Coldfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 10:10 AM   #48
SpoiledRotten
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kairo View Post
Ok, just follow with me for a minute:

Suppose we discover intelligent life on another planet. If we were able to communicate with them on a level as to understand their religious beliefs, and they did not have any conception of God, Christianity, or Christian beliefs, would that not prove that Christianity is a myth?
Why would it take another planet? There is, supposedly, intelligent life here that try to disprove it every day. Why are there so many that try to disprove God? Get your life right and try to "PROVE" that God exist to someone else! Good grief. Did you not get enough of this in that other post regarding evolution vs intelligent design?
Christian Jeepers _ Member #2
United Four Wheel Drive Association _ Member
National Rifle Association _ Member
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 10:14 AM   #49
SpoiledRotten
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
I don't need contact with intelligent extaterrestrial life to prove religion is all myth
I don't know why not. You certainly can't prove it is a myth! All you can do is share an opinion of what you believe and that isn't worth the rusty bucket you bring it in.
Christian Jeepers _ Member #2
United Four Wheel Drive Association _ Member
National Rifle Association _ Member
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #50
1999WJMIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
but christianity doesnt say if you do bad things you are damned to hell. If you accept Jesus Christ as you lord and savior he forgives you for your wrong doings. It is about a relationship with Him not about if you are perfect or not.

So I can murder,rape and pillage as long as before I die I accept the lord in my heart...come on. Religion has so many holes in it I dont get how people follow it.

HERS - 1996 XJ Sport 4.0 HO. Stock. Purple like her...uh...soul.

Canadian Jeep Club Member#37
1999WJMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 11:48 AM   #51
LandRover
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999WJMIKE View Post
Religion has so many holes in it I dont get how people follow it.
It's not a science, Mike.
Sliders, Goodyear Duratrac 33's
LandRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 06:44 PM   #52
Mike Cooper
1998 ZJ 

A smart friend told me about it, let me look into it more, I could have mistaken it.
SOLD: 1998 5.9 Grand cherokee: Suspension: 3.5" IRO Lift, JKS Rear Track Bar & Quick Discos, IRO Double shear front track bar, Black Diamond Shocks,33X12.5 BFG Muds, ARB Front Bumper, Home made Rock Sliders, 242 Swap
New Toy:
2007 Wrangler Unlimited. 2" BB, 1 1/2" wheel spacers, 285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracks.
Mike Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #53
percent20
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So here is another thought on it. What if the alien species USED to believe in a god, but there culture said not to so they all stopped believing?
percent20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 06:55 PM   #54
Mike Cooper
1998 ZJ 

Now this is all in how you can interperate it. So maybe the latest will be in the 120's, we will never reach 130, I dont know, but this is what my friend was talking about, and seemed to think it shows how man will never life past the 120's.

Genesis 6
1WHEN MEN began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them,
2The sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair, and they took wives of all they desired and chose.

3Then the Lord said, My Spirit shall not forever dwell and strive with man, for he also is flesh; but his days shall yet be 120 years.
SOLD: 1998 5.9 Grand cherokee: Suspension: 3.5" IRO Lift, JKS Rear Track Bar & Quick Discos, IRO Double shear front track bar, Black Diamond Shocks,33X12.5 BFG Muds, ARB Front Bumper, Home made Rock Sliders, 242 Swap
New Toy:
2007 Wrangler Unlimited. 2" BB, 1 1/2" wheel spacers, 285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracks.
Mike Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.