would this disprove the existance of God? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > would this disprove the existance of God?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 02-13-2008, 11:54 PM   #31
percent20
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhtJeep View Post
thats why i said JC himself. not some crazy nutjob claiming to be him. sheesh, you have to spell everything out these days.
I think he is saying that if Jesus was on the nightly news to begine with people wouldn't beleive it because he was on the news. Kind of a catch 22

percent20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 12:13 AM   #32
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfever View Post
Now the question is, say when we make contact with another species, what would happen if they had a similar set of 10 Commandments? Would that prove that God does in fact exist or just a strange fluke?
Since not even earthbound religions can agree on exactly which set of 10 commandments to follow, the chances of an alien civilization having the same 10 commandments seems unlikely.

A more interesting question is, what would all the Christians do if we found aliens who turned out to be Buddhists?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfever View Post
All this comes from a confused person spiritually. I am not sure what to believe. I am starting to realize, at least for myself, that it is better to believe then it is to not believe. Eternal Nothingness kind of sucks.
Eternal anything sucks.

If you live forever, sooner or later you're going to run out of **** to do and get bored, and you have an eternity of that to look forward to, sounds like a blast.

Seriously, what could you possibly do for eternity without losing your mind?
Unread 02-14-2008, 12:14 AM   #33
konger8
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What does MythBusters have to say about God or religion?
konger8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 12:16 AM   #34
kaibab

since all religions claim to worship the almighty god, proof is shown that all are flawed and false, sorry religion is bunk.
kaibab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 12:52 AM   #35
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kairo View Post
Ok, just follow with me for a minute:

Suppose we discover intelligent life on another planet. If we were able to communicate with them on a level as to understand their religious beliefs, and they did not have any conception of God, Christianity, or Christian beliefs, would that not prove that Christianity is a myth?
just because aliens dont believe in or have any beliefs of religion, does not disprove it. its called ignorance. thats the same as saying that any other person that has never heard of or been exposed to religion also disproves it. not a very strong argument.

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 12:53 AM   #36
I FLEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999WJMIKE View Post
......Religion is nothing more than a social control. Think about it...some people may not fear what the law has for them but if your tell them if they do this or that the will be damned for the rest of their life they will think twice.

I totally agree. Its nothing more than a guideline for people to follow in order to maintain balance and peace. You give people some guidelines on how they should live their lives. Teaching them the difference between good and evil. And for their good doings in life they are rewarded in heaven or punished in hell. If there weren't certain expectations who knows what kind of orderless world we'd be living in....?

Plus back when it all started and people were living up into their 30's maybe 40's and rarely 50's the prospect of death must have seemed overwhelming. How much life would have sucked only living to be like 35? But if you go to Heaven you'll be rewarded and it will be great. I can see where that is better than knowing once you die thats it PERIOD. No memories, no feelings, family, and friends....just nothing.

But personally, I live to somewhat similar standards of Christian morality not even having to be religious myself; and I believe alot of other people are able to as well. I just have to know and expect nothing come my last day here on earth before I become worm feed.
RE.BB with RE3.5 shocks | Anti-Rock
My Jeep (they are some what updated)

Best Vendor, great prices!!!
I FLEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 06:59 AM   #37
rockhopper

Location: /lo-kashen/ a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhtJeep View Post
thats why i said JC himself. not some crazy nutjob claiming to be him. sheesh, you have to spell everything out these days.
Yes, please spell out how will you know the guy on the screen is actually him and not just another nutjob. Last time I checked, every church had a different picture of him, and there are no recordings of his voice.
rockhopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:24 AM   #38
WhtJeep
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
Yes, please spell out how will you know the guy on the screen is actually him and not just another nutjob. Last time I checked, every church had a different picture of him, and there are no recordings of his voice.
Is it really that hard. Birth Certificate of 0.
Originally Posted by cresso
Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it's a 35
XboxGT - The Mad Med1c
WhtJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:29 AM   #39
Mike Cooper
1998 ZJ 

I think the bible indicates we are the only planet with inteligent life, so this would never happen, but thats just my opinion. But if we did stumble over other life, that didnt believe, I would stil believe in God, as with us he would have given them the free will to believe or not. I do think we are the highest form of inteligence out there though......even though sometimes thats hard to believe.

Back when we only lived to 30-40s, the bible stated way before, that our life would never again acceed 120 years. The day I see some one make 121 ( which I dont think is far away with our technology) I might rethink my thoughts on God.
SOLD: 1998 5.9 Grand cherokee: Suspension: 3.5" IRO Lift, JKS Rear Track Bar & Quick Discos, IRO Double shear front track bar, Black Diamond Shocks,33X12.5 BFG Muds, ARB Front Bumper, Home made Rock Sliders, 242 Swap
New Toy:
2007 Wrangler Unlimited. 2" BB, 1 1/2" wheel spacers, 285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracks.
Mike Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:39 AM   #40
LandRover
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kairo View Post
Ok, just follow with me for a minute:

Suppose we discover intelligent life on another planet. If we were able to communicate with them on a level as to understand their religious beliefs, and they did not have any conception of God, Christianity, or Christian beliefs, would that not prove that Christianity is a myth?
Yes it would.

Good luck with that.
Sliders, Goodyear Duratrac 33's
LandRover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:40 AM   #41
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999WJMIKE View Post
Religion is nothing more than a social control. Think about it...some people may not fear what the law has for them but if your tell them if they do this or that the will be damned for the rest of their life they will think twice.
but christianity doesnt say if you do bad things you are damned to hell. If you accept Jesus Christ as you lord and savior he forgives you for your wrong doings. It is about a relationship with Him not about if you are perfect or not.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:45 AM   #42
K&VRubicon
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cooper View Post
I think the bible indicates we are the only planet with inteligent life, so this would never happen, but thats just my opinion. But if we did stumble over other life, that didnt believe, I would stil believe in God, as with us he would have given them the free will to believe or not. I do think we are the highest form of inteligence out there though......even though sometimes thats hard to believe.

Back when we only lived to 30-40s, the bible stated way before, that our life would never again acceed 120 years. The day I see some one make 121 ( which I dont think is far away with our technology) I might rethink my thoughts on God.
Jeanne Calment of France (1875–1997), who was aged 122 years.

"Time is an illusion, Lunchtime doubly so." - Ford Prefect
K&VRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:49 AM   #43
LandRover
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Where do you think the bible says we wouldn't live to be 120? Reference please. I don't think mine has that verse
Sliders, Goodyear Duratrac 33's
LandRover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:54 AM   #44
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandRover View Post
Where do you think the bible says we wouldn't live to be 120? Reference please. I don't think mine has that verse
well, obviously... its that other bible that everyone likes to quote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 09:06 AM   #45
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

I'm more interested in where his bible indicates this is the only planet with intelligent life? Crazy Canuck bibles.

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.