would this disprove the existance of God? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > would this disprove the existance of God?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-13-2008, 08:22 PM   #16
percent20
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So the lower the IQ the more relgious you are?

hmm i guess my 134 IQ means i don't believe in god as much as i thought.

percent20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 08:31 PM   #17
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by percent20 View Post
So the lower the IQ the more relgious you are?
Typically, yes, but it also applies to poor people and countries, in some cases religion is all they have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by percent20 View Post
hmm i guess my 134 IQ means i don't believe in god as much as i thought.
God and religion are not the same thing, anyone who says differently is selling something.

.. and the reason the US is such an outlier on the religion/wealth scale has far less to do with intelligence than it does with heritage. It's a very religious country where everyone has more or less the same religion, consequently without any real challenge to your beliefs (as tended to happen with Europe where every religion was bashing the heads of every other religion) it's easier to avoid getting jaded and abandoning religion altogether.
Unread 02-13-2008, 08:40 PM   #18
MarkoPo
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kairo View Post
Ok, just follow with me for a minute:

Suppose we discover intelligent life on another planet.
The way things are going shouldn't we concentrate on discovering some intelligent life on THIS planet first?
Hemi Club member #2
Bonafide Gun Guru
MarkoPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #19
FortCollinsZJ
1993 ZJ 

Who made god? Answer me that, Ill accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. Until then, I will continue to believe that not everything on earth needs a creator.

Aliens existing will only prove that scientologists are right. or something like that.
FortCollinsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #20
rockhopper

Location: /lo-kashen/ a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhtJeep View Post
You could dispprove evolution though if JC himself came on the 10 oclock news and showed everyone he was real.
Most people on JeepForum General don't even believe the regular stories reported on the news, why would they believe the guy claiming to be Jesus was actually Jesus?

To put it another way, I remember seeing David Koresh on the news saying he was Jesus quite a few times. That didn't shake up the evolutionists.
rockhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 09:07 PM   #21
percent20
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
Most people on JeepForum General don't even believe the regular stories reported on the news, why would they believe the guy claiming to be Jesus was actually Jesus?

To put it another way, I remember seeing David Koresh on the news saying he was Jesus quite a few times. That didn't shake up the evolutionists.
Then they,those that don't believe, would start quoting scripture as to how he wasn't Jesus Christ heh
percent20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 09:10 PM   #22
Greg_Volkman
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scs748 View Post
when you already believe in something to the death that has no real proof, nothing will change your mind.

intelligence is best way to fight religion

why isn't god helping all those africans, is he racist? they are more religious then we are

For someone who claims to be an intellectual you sure post retarded charts. YOU FAIL.
Greg_Volkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 09:12 PM   #23
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_Volkman View Post
For someone who claims to be an intellectual you sure post retarded charts. YOU FAIL.
...Said the poor religious guy with the low IQ.

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 09:14 PM   #24
carracer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

He is risen... 'nuff said.
carracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #25
Bgeddes
Ridin' with the King

What if we found intelligent life on another planet and they knew of a God similar to the one(s) on Earth? What if they had a document similar to the Koran, or the Bible, or any other religious work? Would that CONFIRM the existence of a supreme being? A final confirmation of a creator?
Unread 02-13-2008, 09:34 PM   #26
RedJeepXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_Volkman View Post
how exactly are they retarded, they are in the standard format, an item on the horizontal axis, an item on the vertical axis and are comparing two things to see if there is a correlation, in both cases above there is a good correlation between the x-axis item and the y-axis item making a proper and useful chart

:-)
RedJeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #27
1000000to1
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scs748 View Post

intelligence is best way to fight religion
Better find someone else to do your fighting then.
Canadian Jeep Club Member #18
Black Jeep Club Member #2002
1000000to1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 11:16 PM   #28
Coldfever
2004 TJ Wrangler 

When intelligent beings are found, and they know nothing of our God, that will do nothing to religion in general. Religion is based on faith. Faith is a belief that is not based on proof. You could line up all the evidence in the world stating that God does not exist yet He still would for the people that believe. Just as we can't prove He exists, you can not prove that He doesn't.

Now the question is, say when we make contact with another species, what would happen if they had a similar set of 10 Commandments? Would that prove that God does in fact exist or just a strange fluke?

All this comes from a confused person spiritually. I am not sure what to believe. I am starting to realize, at least for myself, that it is better to believe then it is to not believe. Eternal Nothingness kind of sucks.
Coldfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 11:41 PM   #29
kairo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfever View Post
Eternal Nothingness kind of sucks.
eh, not really. It's irrelevant because it's nothing. You can't know it sucks because there's nothing to suck
kairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 11:42 PM   #30
WhtJeep
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post

thats why i said JC himself. not some crazy nutjob claiming to be him. sheesh, you have to spell everything out these days.
Originally Posted by cresso
Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it's a 35
XboxGT - The Mad Med1c
WhtJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.