would this disprove the existance of God? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > would this disprove the existance of God?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.com

Unread 02-13-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
kairo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

would this disprove the existance of God?

Ok, just follow with me for a minute:

Suppose we discover intelligent life on another planet. If we were able to communicate with them on a level as to understand their religious beliefs, and they did not have any conception of God, Christianity, or Christian beliefs, would that not prove that Christianity is a myth?

kairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
percent20
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Not really considering there have been some civilizations in the past that completely ignored anytime of religion. I mean they could be like the vulcans

also realize if it proved that Christianity was a myth then that wold mean so was Islam and other religions too NOT just christianity.
percent20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
kairo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by percent20 View Post
Not really considering there have been some civilizations in the past that completely ignored anytime of religion. I mean they could be like the vulcans

also realize if it proved that Christianity was a myth then that wold mean so was Islam and other religions too NOT just christianity.
i was blanketing all religions under christianity for the sake of argument
Unread 02-13-2008, 07:39 PM   #4
ixl4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kairo View Post
let the flames of wrath begin!

2000 Sport Manual.
Mods: RE 3.5 / JKS 1.25" BL / M.O.R.E. 1" MML / Rough Country Adjustable Trackbar / Dunlop Rover 33s Cragar 397 Soft Wheels / Winch / Nates4x4 Front Bumper & Rear w/ Tire Carrier / RE .75" Spacers / P.O.R.C. SYE / RE CV DS / Nth Degree Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms / SkyJacker Front and Rear Lower Arms
ixl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 07:40 PM   #5
percent20
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ah ok, i'm used to people actually singling out Christianity and at the mention of another religion saying it doesn't matter so I just wanted to make sure

It is an interesting theory i might add never thought of it before.
Unread 02-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #6
kairo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by percent20 View Post
Ah ok, i'm used to people actually singling out Christianity and at the mention of another religion saying it doesn't matter so I just wanted to make sure

It is an interesting theory i might add never thought of it before.
fundamentally all the religions believe the same thing: Good morals, divinity, and/or heaven hell. Just saying christianity makes it easier for this group to relate.
Unread 02-13-2008, 07:42 PM   #7
percent20
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixl4 View Post
let the flames of wrath begin!
As a devout I don't mind this as long as it is understood what he means. It is a tad bit anoying, but i can forgive him
Unread 02-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #8
medicbear
2007 JK Wrangler 

lol this kinda reminds me of my buddies who are conspiracy theorist... and love pointing out how the mayan calender ends in 2012... I said um maybe just maybe... Givin how long ago it was designed... They figured hmmm a couple of thousand years should hold em over for a while... Or maybe they said well i guess they can figure it out from here and just didnt feel like continuing on from there .....
www.militaryjeepers.com come check us out
medicbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 07:52 PM   #9
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

I don't need contact with intelligent extaterrestrial life to prove religion is all myth

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 08:05 PM   #10
RedJeepXJ

when you already believe in something to the death that has no real proof, nothing will change your mind.

intelligence is best way to fight religion

why isn't god helping all those africans, is he racist? they are more religious then we are

RedJeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 08:14 PM   #11
RockWoRM
Don't Fear the Jeeper

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well, since your dealing in hypothetical's...

If Christ Jesus appeared in front of you right here and now, and asked you if you would believe in Him, would you fall down on your face and worship Him??? or not???

WRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 08:15 PM   #12
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scs748 View Post
when you already believe in something to the death that has no real proof, nothing will change your mind.

intelligence is best way to fight religion

why isn't god helping all those africans, is he racist? they are more religious then we are

Why is the US so off the curve? Are we that much less intelligent on average than Western Europe?

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #13
RedJeepXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
Why is the US so off the curve? Are we that much less intelligent on average than Western Europe?
we do have a huge abundance of natural resources that they don't have, with fewer people per square mile there are more resources per person
RedJeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #14
WhtJeep
2008 WK 

nothing will ever disprove religion. You will always have people believing what they want.

You could dispprove evolution though if JC himself came on the 10 oclock news and showed everyone he was real.
Originally Posted by cresso
Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it's a 35
XboxGT - The Mad Med1c
WhtJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 08:20 PM   #15
1999WJMIKE

Quote:
Ok, just follow with me for a minute:

Suppose we discover intelligent life on another planet. If we were able to communicate with them on a level as to understand their religious beliefs, and they did not have any conception of God, Christianity, or Christian beliefs, would that not prove that Christianity is a myth?
we dont need alines to dis prove god. Look at how big the world is and how many "religions" there are. If western god was the one true then wouldnt we all woreship and have the same state of mind.

Religion is nothing more than a social control. Think about it...some people may not fear what the law has for them but if your tell them if they do this or that the will be damned for the rest of their life they will think twice.

HERS - 1996 XJ Sport 4.0 HO. Stock. Purple like her...uh...soul.

Canadian Jeep Club Member#37
1999WJMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.