JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/)
-   -   would this disprove the existance of God? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/would-disprove-existance-god-520069/)

kairo 02-13-2008 07:34 PM

would this disprove the existance of God?
 
Ok, just follow with me for a minute:

Suppose we discover intelligent life on another planet. If we were able to communicate with them on a level as to understand their religious beliefs, and they did not have any conception of God, Christianity, or Christian beliefs, would that not prove that Christianity is a myth?

percent20 02-13-2008 07:36 PM

Not really considering there have been some civilizations in the past that completely ignored anytime of religion. I mean they could be like the vulcans ;)

also realize if it proved that Christianity was a myth then that wold mean so was Islam and other religions too NOT just christianity.

kairo 02-13-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by percent20 (Post 4813202)
Not really considering there have been some civilizations in the past that completely ignored anytime of religion. I mean they could be like the vulcans ;)

also realize if it proved that Christianity was a myth then that wold mean so was Islam and other religions too NOT just christianity.

i was blanketing all religions under christianity for the sake of argument

ixl4 02-13-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kairo (Post 4813208)
i was blanketing all religions under christianity for the sake of argument

let the flames of wrath begin!

percent20 02-13-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kairo (Post 4813208)
i was blanketing all religions under christianity for the sake of argument

Ah ok, i'm used to people actually singling out Christianity and at the mention of another religion saying it doesn't matter so I just wanted to make sure :D

It is an interesting theory i might add never thought of it before.

kairo 02-13-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by percent20 (Post 4813227)
Ah ok, i'm used to people actually singling out Christianity and at the mention of another religion saying it doesn't matter so I just wanted to make sure :D

It is an interesting theory i might add never thought of it before.

fundamentally all the religions believe the same thing: Good morals, divinity, and/or heaven hell. Just saying christianity makes it easier for this group to relate.

percent20 02-13-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ixl4 (Post 4813217)
let the flames of wrath begin!

As a devout I don't mind this as long as it is understood what he means. It is a tad bit anoying, but i can forgive him :)

medicbear 02-13-2008 07:43 PM

lol this kinda reminds me of my buddies who are conspiracy theorist... and love pointing out how the mayan calender ends in 2012... I said um maybe just maybe... Givin how long ago it was designed... They figured hmmm a couple of thousand years should hold em over for a while... Or maybe they said well i guess they can figure it out from here and just didnt feel like continuing on from there .....

Reswob 02-13-2008 07:52 PM

I don't need contact with intelligent extaterrestrial life to prove religion is all myth :dunno:

RedJeepXJ 02-13-2008 08:05 PM

when you already believe in something to the death that has no real proof, nothing will change your mind.

intelligence is best way to fight religion
http://dontmesswithtaxes.typepad.com...d_religion.jpg
why isn't god helping all those africans, is he racist? they are more religious then we are

http://ctronul.com/images/misc/qi-religion.gif

RockWoRM 02-13-2008 08:14 PM

Well, since your dealing in hypothetical's...

If Christ Jesus appeared in front of you right here and now, and asked you if you would believe in Him, would you fall down on your face and worship Him??? or not??? ;)




WRM :cheers:

Reswob 02-13-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scs748 (Post 4813375)
when you already believe in something to the death that has no real proof, nothing will change your mind.

intelligence is best way to fight religion
http://dontmesswithtaxes.typepad.com...d_religion.jpg
why isn't god helping all those africans, is he racist? they are more religious then we are

http://ctronul.com/images/misc/qi-religion.gif

Why is the US so off the curve? Are we that much less intelligent on average than Western Europe?

RedJeepXJ 02-13-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reswob (Post 4813431)
Why is the US so off the curve? Are we that much less intelligent on average than Western Europe?

we do have a huge abundance of natural resources that they don't have, with fewer people per square mile there are more resources per person

WhtJeep 02-13-2008 08:19 PM

nothing will ever disprove religion. You will always have people believing what they want.

You could dispprove evolution though if JC himself came on the 10 oclock news and showed everyone he was real.

1999WJMIKE 02-13-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kairo (Post 4813194)
Ok, just follow with me for a minute:

Suppose we discover intelligent life on another planet. If we were able to communicate with them on a level as to understand their religious beliefs, and they did not have any conception of God, Christianity, or Christian beliefs, would that not prove that Christianity is a myth?

we dont need alines to dis prove god. Look at how big the world is and how many "religions" there are. If western god was the one true then wouldnt we all woreship and have the same state of mind.

Religion is nothing more than a social control. Think about it...some people may not fear what the law has for them but if your tell them if they do this or that the will be damned for the rest of their life they will think twice.


The time now is 12:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.