Worst Craigslist find of the day - Page 725 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Worst Craigslist find of the day

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 10-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #10861
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboyinaz View Post
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/4034321055.html.

Introducing the rare 6.0l v6 cherokee!
Texted him I'll post screen shots

xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #10862
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFcavedweller View Post
how does a high pinion front D35 from a cherokee compare against the normal D30?

http://lynchburg.craigslist.org/pts/4146398833.html
Not a high-pinion front, so it's not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJames90 View Post
I would buy it. Its probably never been beaten on and its clean. You could also sell the wheels and get what you want.
Some times you have to look past what you dont like and see the possibilty of goodness in things.
In other words, just because its not what you would get you can make it into what you want.
Open your mind and dont be so [snipped] condescending
Did you read your last sentence after you wrote it?
”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #10863
PHARIS88
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391
I would so buy that but not for 10k lol I like it!

www.youtube.com/pharis88

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1...hread-1507279/
PHARIS88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #10864
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
Not a high-pinion front, so it's not worth it.

Did you read your last sentence after you wrote it?
Did I miss something?

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 12:53 AM   #10865
metalmulisha
1989 YJ Wrangler 

http://enid.craigslist.org/cto/41192...html%3C/div%3E
metalmulisha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 12:58 AM   #10866
CGlaser
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmulisha View Post
Again!
Unread 10-27-2013, 02:31 AM   #10867
ThatWhiteJeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmulisha
I will seriously buy and burn this thing.
Unread 10-27-2013, 03:18 AM   #10868
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Why the ****... are people so stuck on this red XJ? Hell, I've posted ads funnier than that on craigslist. That one is definitely hall of fame worthy, but jesus!

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #10869
supbrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee View Post

Lmfaoo I sold mine for $300
You sold yours cheap, around here doors range 500-1000, tops go for about a 1000 in mint shape.
Unread 10-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #10870
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by supbrah

You sold yours cheap, around here doors range 500-1000, tops go for about a 1000 in mint shape.
Yea I wish I waited could of got more for them but oh we'll I got a really good deal on the whole jeep and I mostly bought it for the engine. If I told u what I paid for the whole jeep you would be shocked.
Unread 10-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #10871
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

I wonder if I'm getting scammed here....

"Thanks for getting back to me, i just wanted to make sure nothing is been left out. I will be buying the van for the price you have listed it for. Payment will be sent using PayPal and i will handle the PayPal surcharge as well. I will arrange with a shipping company to have this picked up at your location once i have paid as i am out of town at the moment. Am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my work, phone calls making are restricted,so you can send me your PayPal email account so that i can send the payment at once and its easy to sign up for one just log on to www.paypal.com i will be responsible for the pick up charges Note: i'll also include the Shipping company's fee so kindly Get back to me with your PayPal email account so i can proceed with the payment thanks"
That was the one with the Alberta area code

"Thanks for your response. I saw your add and I am really interested in the purchase of your Cherokee and i believe you must have buyer's interested in the purchase . I am currently in the middle of work duty.

I won't be available to come for inspection due to my present location due to my work duties because I'll still be at my work location. My private courier will be accessing and they will also be coming for the pick up.Please send me your address so that my pick up agent can figure it out and come for the pick up and other necessary things after the payment have been made,they will also be coming with all the information needed,my details and transferring the name of ownership to me. Am sorry, I can only make the payment via PayPal. PayPal is very safe and secure for both of us.

I will offer you $700, if my offer is acceptable? I'll like you to tell me the present condition, photos and also send your paypal email address and so that I can make the payment if you wish to proceed. Await your response asap. Thanks !!"

And this one was a FLORIDA area code o.O
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #10872
Mr_Speakeasy
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concolour
I wonder if I'm getting scammed here....

"Thanks for getting back to me, i just wanted to make sure nothing is been left out. I will be buying the van for the price you have listed it for. Payment will be sent using PayPal and i will handle the PayPal surcharge as well. I will arrange with a shipping company to have this picked up at your location once i have paid as i am out of town at the moment. Am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my work, phone calls making are restricted,so you can send me your PayPal email account so that i can send the payment at once and its easy to sign up for one just log on to www.paypal.com i will be responsible for the pick up charges Note: i'll also include the Shipping company's fee so kindly Get back to me with your PayPal email account so i can proceed with the payment thanks"
That was the one with the Alberta area code

"Thanks for your response. I saw your add and I am really interested in the purchase of your Cherokee and i believe you must have buyer's interested in the purchase . I am currently in the middle of work duty.

I won't be available to come for inspection due to my present location due to my work duties because I'll still be at my work location. My private courier will be accessing and they will also be coming for the pick up.Please send me your address so that my pick up agent can figure it out and come for the pick up and other necessary things after the payment have been made,they will also be coming with all the information needed,my details and transferring the name of ownership to me. Am sorry, I can only make the payment via PayPal. PayPal is very safe and secure for both of us.

I will offer you $700, if my offer is acceptable? I'll like you to tell me the present condition, photos and also send your paypal email address and so that I can make the payment if you wish to proceed. Await your response asap. Thanks !!"

And this one was a FLORIDA area code o.O
IMO when dealing with a shady place like CL I only ask cash. When I sell something here I only use paypal. I wouldnt trust that.
Mr_Speakeasy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #10873
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Speakeasy

IMO when dealing with a shady place like CL I only ask cash. When I sell something here I only use paypal. I wouldnt trust that.
CL isn't the only place they like to hit. Gumtree seems to have this "Luke Brown" guy wanting to buy a lot of vehicles and kijiji gets a few too lol (I'm selling it on kijiji btw)

So after reading up a bit on scamwarner, I'm certain the first one is a scam as marine engineer, petroleum engineer, etc that can't make phone calls due to the nature of their work restricting it seems very common
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #10874
tinktinkTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Both responses scream scam IMO.

On craigslist I will not sell anything to a person unless they have cash in hand.
tinktinkTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #10875
Mr_Speakeasy
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concolour

CL isn't the only place they like to hit. Gumtree seems to have this "Luke Brown" guy wanting to buy a lot of vehicles and kijiji gets a few too lol (I'm selling it on kijiji btw)

So after reading up a bit on scamwarner, I'm certain the first one is a scam as marine engineer, petroleum engineer, etc that can't make phone calls due to the nature of their work restricting it seems very common
Ive even been scammed on ebay, but I got my money back.
Mr_Speakeasy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.