Worst Craigslist find of the day - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Worst Craigslist find of the day

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRCV Axles at CCOR

Unread 08-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #751
Hurley91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoked99 View Post
too pricey, but I gotta admit I kinda like how unique it is. Very creative having the doors follow the contours of the flame paint job. I'd give him a wave
It's not a bad looking Jeep, I just don't like the tires/rims and bumpers.

Unread 08-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #752
KevLaredo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I'm going to say it was one of the ugliest i've ever seen. Sorry guys. BTW am I the only one who hates it when someone puts "never been abused/offroad" in their ad on a Jeep? It's a *%$in Jeep. It's not abuse to take it offroad....
Unread 08-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #753
dest
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeaspyder View Post
1997 Jeep Wrangler

Check this one out. This guy claims that his Jeep gets 32MPG. Awesome, I would love to know his secret.
Sent:
I'm assuming since this was your daughter's vehicle you did not drive it, so I will put it simply: It is not getting anywhere near 32 mpg. Try 25 at best if its a standard with the 2.5 driven like a grandma.

Just thought your ad should be a bit more realistic.
dest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010, 09:10 PM   #754
Stoked99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley91 View Post
It's not a bad looking Jeep, I just don't like the tires/rims and bumpers.
Agreed

Vice President - Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club
'98 2.5L - RC 2.5 - 33's - Beach Cruiser

"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines" - Enzo Ferrari
Stoked99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #755
Hurley91

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevLaredo View Post
BTW am I the only one who hates it when someone puts "never been abused/offroad" in their ad on a Jeep? It's a *%$in Jeep. It's not abuse to take it offroad....
Yes. I'm not sure about you but I wouldn't want to buy a vehicle that has been abused or taken "off road". Should it say "Taken off road many times and abused, but I still want $12,000"?
Unread 08-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #756
likeaspyder
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dest View Post
Sent:
I'm assuming since this was your daughter's vehicle you did not drive it, so I will put it simply: It is not getting anywhere near 32 mpg. Try 25 at best if its a standard with the 2.5 driven like a grandma.

Just thought your ad should be a bit more realistic.

HAHA, what you should have asked, if he was certain that it was his daughter and not his grandmother who claimed to have gotten 32mpg. It would have made it a little more believable. I doubt that it's ever going to get 25 either. I wonder what his response is going to be, or if he'll change the ad.
likeaspyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 09:02 PM   #757
bluebastard
1997 TJ Wrangler 

this has to be the most disgraceful thing ever done to a jeep.. no surprise he wants a ricer

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport $6000 or Trade for Honda Civic/Hatchback
bluebastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 01:24 AM   #758
Bender92YJ

Unread 08-17-2010, 09:09 AM   #759
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

OK.... So?
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #760
R0cket
1930 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender92YJ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
OK.... So?
dude, do you not see the dudes *** in the doorway??
Unread 08-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #761
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

HA! I just saw that. No, I didn't. I saw the bike
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 10:02 AM   #762
R0cket
1930 TJ Wrangler 

dammit. i guess that makes me look gay..... in my defense i saw the bike first.... but i have seen that ad before.. so i knew the *** was there
Unread 08-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #763
likeaspyder
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender92YJ View Post
Could you imagine how awkward it would be to show up there to get the bike and see the @$$ in person???? Or be like, that was a great picture of the bike you had on craigslist, was that you in the doorway with your @$$ out? The person would be wondering what the hell you were talking about until she checked her picture again. edited,

Last edited by likeaspyder; 08-17-2010 at 11:56 PM.. Reason: Because I just realized that it's probably Jenny's *** in the picture. Oh Jenny, you naughty girl you.
likeaspyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 11:00 AM   #764
KevLaredo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley91 View Post
Yes. I'm not sure about you but I wouldn't want to buy a vehicle that has been abused or taken "off road". Should it say "Taken off road many times and abused, but I still want $12,000"?
There is such a thing as not abusing a Jeep offroad. They are designed to be driven on several types off terrain and even have a factory fording rating. There are instructions on how to drive offroad in the manual. If I was buying a Wrangler i would expect that it had been offroad a few times and not abused.....
Unread 08-17-2010, 03:31 PM   #765
Hurley91

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevLaredo View Post
There is such a thing as not abusing a Jeep offroad. They are designed to be driven on several types off terrain and even have a factory fording rating. There are instructions on how to drive offroad in the manual. If I was buying a Wrangler i would expect that it had been offroad a few times and not abused.....
That's why I said "Taken off road AND abused". But if I was handing over that kind of money, I would prefer a Jeep that has been taken care of and not taken off road frequently.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.