Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Word from Vegas, WITH HUMMER STORY!!!

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  RollerHman 
#1 ·
Well im in vegas, its sweet. The first couple days here were had with the time difference but its all good now. :D

I took a hummer in the drive course here and that was an experience. I got in an was going to take it up the 18" step. The guide/driver told me to toss it into 4low, so I did. Take it 1200 rpms and do the step up. Well I am doing that, it climbs up the front two wheels, the steering gets cranked to the right so I try to correct myself by cranking left. Turns out I went to far off the course. So the 'driver/guide guy' takes the wheel and cranks it left and tells me to give it gas, so I do and it wouldnt climb. He then turned the reart diff lock on to try to get us up and over, but it doesnt work. The H2 wouldnt lock and gave it more gas and slammed the skid plate into the bottom. Then tossed it into reverse and 'THUNK' there goes the skid plate again. He was giving me crap for doing that crap to the hummer, but I realised it didnt really matter, because it was a Hummer and its supposed to be able to do it.

But the rest of the course went on fine. I have many pics of the course I will post once I can upload the pics.

Vegas is pretty sweet! Ended up shooting a gun for the fist time ever. A Glock 9mm. The guy at the range said I have a good shot for my first time ever from 40ft. Well just wanted to drop a word and say I to everyone and I miss the forum!

See less See more
#2 ·
sounds like a good time. are you going to do the 'vette course as well?

Glocks are pretty tough to shoot acurately. im pretty good with a .22 but im not very good w/ a glock - even tougher w/ the .40 barrel

cant wait for the pics

:thumbsup:

#3 ·
Have fun in Vegas arbby.....now that you got...I mean drove a hummer....go to a few strip clubs...pics please.....:thumbsup:

#4 ·
famicom21 said:
sounds like a good time. are you going to do the 'vette course as well?

Glocks are pretty tough to shoot acurately. im pretty good with a .22 but im not very good w/ a glock - even tougher w/ the .40 barrel

cant wait for the pics

:thumbsup:
if you have never shot before, glocks are no tougher than anything else. It is those of us that are used to a less boxy grip and a different grip angle that can't shoot them

#5 ·
jeverett said:
if you have never shot before, glocks are no tougher than anything else. It is those of us that are used to a less boxy grip and a different grip angle that can't shoot them
yeah, makes sense. i started with .22's and slowly moved up through my dads arsenal. our folding .40 Kel-Tec rifle is ma favorite though :drool:

..followed shortly by the AK-47

#6 ·
my buddy did the course with the corvette, this guy is a really really good driver, and he was cruising around super fast and was keeping it in 2nd gear redlining the course guy was like
"YOU NEED TO SHIFT NOW, SIR!!!" he kept getting all mad and stuff. jerks.

#7 ·
Juat got in today, Ill have pics up tomorrow hopefully. They are on the other comp. The hummer I endedup taking the back bumper to the ground and smacked the skidplate on the 18" stepup. I enjoyed driving the Solstice the most but the GTO was a good ride as well. The vette was nice but I was expecting more. The top speed is 72MPH at the top of 2nd, they dont let you take it into 3rd. But it was a good time, and spent lots on a students budget.

skydived, shot guns, drove the drive course, saw carrot top....bad choice on show.... went out to see paris hilton at the debut party on the 29th but never did see her.

#10 ·
when i die I dont want to go to Heaven

I want to go to Vegas.... I love that place went in June with 18 of my friends for 2 bachlor parties... brings a tear to my eye when someone mentions that place

I loved it... has ruined any club here for me

#11 ·
Kump33 said:
when i die I dont want to go to Heaven

I want to go to Vegas.... I love that place went in June with 18 of my friends for 2 bachlor parties... brings a tear to my eye when someone mentions that place

I loved it... has ruined any club here for me
that, and you live in canada, so honestly..... :D

i cannot wait until next summer when i am 21. vegas with all my friends who are already 21. they went a few weeks ago, all i could do was look at their pics.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.