Why dont you speak spanish? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Why dont you speak spanish?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-22-2006, 11:19 AM   #1
ltmke11
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Why dont you speak spanish?

My old lady is a nurse, and she was venting to me last night (normally I just ignore her , nod, and do the "stare ahead" thing, followed with a few "uh-huhs" )

However...

She said twice in one shift she went into a patients room (labor & delivery) where a new baby was born (Mexican Pilgrim - Imagine that ...) and the patients asked her rudely why she doesnt speak spanish?

Sadly she probably would have gotten in trouble if she would have responded "You know this is America "

Anyways, just wanted to share the vent, to me this whole situation is getting focked up out of control, its one thing to have some understanding for "new US Inhabitants" who dont have a strong command of the english language, and for them to expect us to learn to speak theirs...

ltmke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2006, 11:24 AM   #2
rowdy1
2002 WJ 

La misma razón no hablamos a americano nativo. Vinimos tomar su tierra, así que somos los jefes.
Unread 09-22-2006, 11:26 AM   #3
mmasuperman12
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i live in maine...nuff said. but that sucks for her. basically it will be a dispute for the ages but as it stands now the national language is english so the better question is why didnt they have their baby in mexico
Jeep drivers who dig Country Music member #12

1998 XJ - beginning the revival.
mmasuperman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2006, 11:26 AM   #4
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

I speak a good bit of Spanish......my neighbor who babysat me when I was a kid was Mexican..... .......it does help to know Spanish when a Mexican in the grocery store is talking about your wife and you can turn around and say "Ella mira aún mejor desnudo"

I agree with you.....someone who comes to this country should learn the language if they want to live and function in our society....

Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
woody-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2006, 11:26 AM   #5
Ivanito
1996 ZJ 

No one speaks spanish where I live.....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...77#post4664677
Ivanito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2006, 11:28 AM   #6
POLBOSS
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy1
La misma razón no hablamos a americano nativo. Vinimos tomar su tierra, así que somos los jefes.
the same reason we don't speak native american, we came to take their land, we are the bosses. rofl that makes sense in spanish but in a funny way
Ok dear friends I'm Mexican (born in the U.S.) let's start a ask a Mexican a question kinda thing, I'll do my best to respond
POLBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2006, 11:29 AM   #7
ltmke11
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Así que seríamos justificados a los disparar.
ltmke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2006, 11:30 AM   #8
POLBOSS
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragisco
No one speaks spanish where I live.....
you live in the moon
POLBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2006, 11:30 AM   #9
Cause
WHAT !!!!

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2006, 11:30 AM   #10
tcourdin

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody-77
I speak a good bit of Spanish......my neighbor who babysat me when I was a kid was Mexican..... .......it does help to know Spanish when a Mexican in the grocery store is talking about your wife and you can turn around and say "Ella mira aún mejor desnudo"

I agree with you.....someone who comes to this country should learn the language if they want to live and function in our society....
I prefer say hello to my little friend, Mr. 45 Kimber.

I agree, they are getting rude about not wanting to speak english here. They are going to put up Spanish road signs here!!!! WTF!
88 Wrangler, Rebuilt I6, NV3550,Atlas 2,B&M Shifter,38/38 Weber, Skyjacker Lift & Nitro Shocks & Stabilizer, Black Diamond Discos, 35 " Regul MT's & Outlaw 2 Alum Wheels, 4.88 Gears, Dana 35 & Super 35 kit & Detroit Soft Locker, Dana 30 & Superior Axles & Detroit Soft Locker & No Disco, SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, SRC Side Armor, Warn XD 9000 I Winch & In Cab Controls, OR Fab Tire & Can Carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Full Cage, Hood Rack & Hi Lift & AX, Outland Seats, KC & Silverstar.
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2006, 11:30 AM   #11
XJ99
Aviator Brew

2006 XK Commander 

Uno mas cervesa por favor.
Unread 09-22-2006, 11:30 AM   #12
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Al
Así que seríamos justificados a los disparar.

Si.

10 caracteres

Quote:
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
Unread 09-22-2006, 11:31 AM   #13
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin
I prefer say hello to my little friend, Mr. 45 Kimber.

I'll use this one next time....

Quote:
Unread 09-22-2006, 11:31 AM   #14
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

1999 TJ Wrangler 

because my country beat every country who speaks spanish in one war or another.
Unread 09-22-2006, 11:32 AM   #15
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLBOSS
you live in the moon

I believe he would have to actually live in the moon.....there are probably mexicans who live on the moon also....

Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.