Whose rebuilt an M1 Garand - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Whose rebuilt an M1 Garand

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
sitdwnandhngon
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Whose rebuilt an M1 Garand

I was looking at the CMP website and the rack grade M1 Garands are in the 400 dollar range (not that I can afford one).

I am not interested in memorabilia and the CMP probably knows that collector grade guns. I wanted to get a junker and rebuild it from the ground up with Fulton Armory parts.

It would still cost about as much as just ordering a new one from them, but then at least I would have a pile of extra parts laying around. Has anyone refurbed one of these awesome rifles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by northjeep View Post
4.2 has 0.2 more!
sitdwnandhngon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitdwnandhngon View Post
I was looking at the CMP website and the rack grade M1 Garands are in the 400 dollar range (not that I can afford one).

I am not interested in memorabilia and the CMP probably knows that collector grade guns. I wanted to get a junker and rebuild it from the ground up with Fulton Armory parts.

It would still cost about as much as just ordering a new one from them, but then at least I would have a pile of extra parts laying around. Has anyone refurbed one of these awesome rifles?
You'll spend about 3 times that building one, maybe more. Just save up and get a rack grade. They aren't that bad. The bullet might come out sideways, but you can get it rebarreled later if you want.

I bought a field grade a few years ago for about the price of the rack grades now. I requested a WWII serial number and got a 1944 USGI. That thing will put a clip on a paper pie plate at 200 yards.
Unread 01-22-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
dakuda
Admin, Jeep in Pieces

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have a service grade that I picked up a few years back. The thing came in looking brand new. I think it was either a 1954 or 1955 Springfield. Roll the dice.

2013 Dodge Charger | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | Ramsey Winches | www.dakuda.com
dakuda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm actually looking at picking up one soon. I cant wait. Will be my first personal gun.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.