Whose rebuilt an M1 Garand - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Whose rebuilt an M1 Garand

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Smoked Style Hood Air DeflectorIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
sitdwnandhngon
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Whose rebuilt an M1 Garand

I was looking at the CMP website and the rack grade M1 Garands are in the 400 dollar range (not that I can afford one).

I am not interested in memorabilia and the CMP probably knows that collector grade guns. I wanted to get a junker and rebuild it from the ground up with Fulton Armory parts.

It would still cost about as much as just ordering a new one from them, but then at least I would have a pile of extra parts laying around. Has anyone refurbed one of these awesome rifles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by northjeep View Post
4.2 has 0.2 more!
sitdwnandhngon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitdwnandhngon View Post
I was looking at the CMP website and the rack grade M1 Garands are in the 400 dollar range (not that I can afford one).

I am not interested in memorabilia and the CMP probably knows that collector grade guns. I wanted to get a junker and rebuild it from the ground up with Fulton Armory parts.

It would still cost about as much as just ordering a new one from them, but then at least I would have a pile of extra parts laying around. Has anyone refurbed one of these awesome rifles?
You'll spend about 3 times that building one, maybe more. Just save up and get a rack grade. They aren't that bad. The bullet might come out sideways, but you can get it rebarreled later if you want.

I bought a field grade a few years ago for about the price of the rack grades now. I requested a WWII serial number and got a 1944 USGI. That thing will put a clip on a paper pie plate at 200 yards.
Unread 01-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #3
dakuda
Admin, Jeep in Pieces

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have a service grade that I picked up a few years back. The thing came in looking brand new. I think it was either a 1954 or 1955 Springfield. Roll the dice.

2013 Dodge Charger | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | Ramsey Winches | www.dakuda.com
dakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm actually looking at picking up one soon. I cant wait. Will be my first personal gun.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.