Who's got an xterra? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Who's got an xterra?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #16
RDaniel2405

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just wanted to post a pic of my buddys Xterra rockin 35's, Im not going to lie, This thing is a beast off road.

1520338073_n.jpg  
RDaniel2405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #17
BlueDevilBrew
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I've had a 2007 Xterra for 4 years now. It is a GREAT vehicle. Just realize there is a huge difference between the 2000-2004 generation and the 2005- present generation. Much more room and power in the new models. Extremely reliable and well built, they ride decent and are easy to drive on the highway. Only drawback would be the limited aftermarket and how expensive parts are. The second gen looks a little old now too. I've been extremely happy with mine; 78k miles and no problems.

They also fit 33s with no lift or rubbing stock!

Check out www.thexterra.org, it's a great forum.
Unread 12-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #18
GermanyChris
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Never ran into anyone who was displeased with there xterra purchase, then again I've never met anyone displeased with there 4runner purchase either..If I could get the Toy for the same price I'd do the Toy solely for looks.
Unread 12-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #19
djfred
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I own a 2005 Xterra.
I used to have a 2001 it was great except for the lack of power. But after 2005 they have fixed that issue & it has a lot of power.
Take off is quick & strong. Gas isn't bad either, i get around 20MPG on Highway

Both 01,05 have a lot of room compared to any other mid size SUV.
Leg room is great, head room is also great.
Trunk is a lot bigger then any other Mid-Size SUV.

One problem i have seen in the 2005 is that after a while the Hood starts to squeak, the rubber stoppers in the hood tend to get squished, thus making the squeaking noise. Once you change it, it stops. $6 at the dealer.

If i was going to get another SUV i would get an Xterra again.
I have the SE model, i would suggest not to get it.
Off-Road model is the Max trim you should stay with. I kinda regret getting the SE i dont see any difference in SE compared to the S, except for the Radio & Mirror that has a compare on it.
Same Power, Same Seats, Same Room...
Front D30 (4.88 w/ Powertrax No-Slip) -- Rear 8.8 (4.88 w/ ARB) -- Front Custom Bumper -- Custom Side Rock Guards -- Dual Snorkel (Coming Soon)
djfred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #20
BlueDevilBrew
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfred
I own a 2005 Xterra.
I used to have a 2001 it was great except for the lack of power. But after 2005 they have fixed that issue & it has a lot of power.
Take off is quick & strong. Gas isn't bad either, i get around 20MPG on Highway

Both 01,05 have a lot of room compared to any other mid size SUV.
Leg room is great, head room is also great.
Trunk is a lot bigger then any other Mid-Size SUV.

One problem i have seen in the 2005 is that after a while the Hood starts to squeak, the rubber stoppers in the hood tend to get squished, thus making the squeaking noise. Once you change it, it stops. $6 at the dealer.

If i was going to get another SUV i would get an Xterra again.
I have the SE model, i would suggest not to get it.
Off-Road model is the Max trim you should stay with. I kinda regret getting the SE i dont see any difference in SE compared to the S, except for the Radio & Mirror that has a compare on it.
Same Power, Same Seats, Same Room...
SE has a few nice options the S doesn't, mainly the Rockford Fosgate sounds system with sub and cd changer. I agree the Offroad model, now called the Pro-4x is the best choice because of the locking rear diff.
Unread 12-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #21
djfred
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yes dont get me wrong the SE does provide the nicer sound system but if you are already going to change that yourself to an after market head unit then not worth the price.
Front D30 (4.88 w/ Powertrax No-Slip) -- Rear 8.8 (4.88 w/ ARB) -- Front Custom Bumper -- Custom Side Rock Guards -- Dual Snorkel (Coming Soon)
djfred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.