Who IS this woman? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Who IS this woman?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 06-26-2007, 02:47 PM   #1
Bhelliom
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Who IS this woman?

87 and climbing a tree... nuts.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundlan...r.html?ref=rss

"You know, a bear is something you can't play with," says 87-year-old Cecilia Smith, but last week, a bear on the Northern Peninsula learned that the Hawke's Bay woman wasn't something to play with either.

Smith suspected that a bear was coming around her cabin. Concerned about the safety of herself and her property, she set a bear snare.

When she returned last week she found a 200-kilogram black bear waiting for her in the trap.

The longtime hunter, of everything from beaver and coyote to moose and caribou, immediately shot the bear.

Catching the bear was the easy part, she said. The real problem was getting the dead bear into the truck with the help of her 81-year-old husband.

"We tied a rope on it, and I couldn't get it out, so I went up in a tree and I hooked it around some limbs on a big spruce there, and he backed the truck right in under the tree for me, and I lowered it down in the truck," she explained.

Smith and her husband first told neighbours in Hawkes Bay that they'd grabbed the bear by its four paws and swung it into the truck.

"There's people still think today that's the way we loaded it," she said.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Old Guy Jeep Club #1026[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Canadian[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Jeep[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Club[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Member[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]#1026[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=schitzangiggles] But since you are barely able to vote, are younger than some of my socks and as inteligent as the fecal droppings from a retarded Chimpanzee you go right ahead and keep on keepin on. [/QUOTE] - Posted in response to a moron wheeling illegally.
Bhelliom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
JimenyFKrickets

Great. Now I feel like a real pansy
JimenyFKrickets is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
ronprice

She must be from Canada. Their women are tough as woodpecker lips!!
Unread 06-26-2007, 02:59 PM   #4
pamo
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'd hit it...
pamo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2007, 03:04 PM   #5
98JEEPTJ
2005 WK 

That's Robs ole' Lady. He said she was a fiesty Ole' Bird.
Unread 06-26-2007, 03:15 PM   #6
ovrlnd

geeze.....

88 YJ, 350/350 Chevy, Twin Stick Dana 300 with JB 32 spline rear output, 6.5" lift, Front Scout II Dana 44 w/Yukon 4340 shafts, trac loc, 4.27's, Warn Premium Hubs, flipped YJ Tie Rod, Ford F150 front calipers, Rear Scout II Dana 44 w/Alloy 4340 shafts, HD RPT retainer plates, 4.27's True trac, Steeltech Disc brakes, Cage upgrade, B&M Prostick Shifter, Custom Fabbed tire, gas, jack carrier, 3/8 angle rear bumper, clevis's all around, old & reliable rep8000 winch. Flood lights. loud stereo. 35x12.50 swampers and a bunch of other stuff
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2007, 10:51 AM   #7
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

jesus! What a generation that must've been when they ruled the earth.
Unread 06-27-2007, 11:23 AM   #8
tcox
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Cecilia Smith....cant you read?

but how in the hell was she strong enough to lower it into the truck?
Unread 06-27-2007, 11:58 AM   #9
RollerHman
BMW drivers are ****s

1999 XJ Cherokee 

i bet her hubby feels like a pansy, he is 6 years younger and SHE climbed the tree!
Colorado Jeep Club Member #46

99 XJ
98 BMW 328is
RollerHman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.