Who makes the best work boots? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Who makes the best work boots?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #46
canoeman71
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Redwings

I have worked as a cable repairman and cable splicer for years with Southwestern Bell. I have a pair of Lineman boots which have lasted me 10 years with a couple of resole jobs. People downtalk Redwing because they buy the budget redwings. If you spend the 150-200 you won't be disappointed. I work in harsh environments; boots always wet, on ladders, climbing poles with gaffs or hooks, a lot of walking, chemicals spilled on them- they are a solid boot. And if you go to a redwing store and develop a relationship with the people who work there, they will keep you satisfied. I have never had trouble with a redwing boot or redwing service. It's like service from the good ole days. But like I said, don't buy an $80 pair of boots- it won't save you any money. And lastly, Wolverines SUCK! I've personally ruined a couple of pair in just a few months and have known several others with the same problem. My rant on boots....

Unread 09-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #47
canoeman71
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdr220 View Post
I go to farm and fleet and buy the most comfortable ones I can find. I heard Red Wings are good, but I could never find a comfotable pair. I would rather replace them every couple of months, rather than commit to a pair that are not comfortable.
You need to trust the salesman- a good pair of Redwings will take break-in time and then be the most comfortable boot you'll ever own for 10 years!
Unread 09-01-2008, 10:39 PM   #48
canoeman71
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by That1guy View Post
I had these boots for the last two years and liked them. I work for natural gas company during the summer driving up in the woods and cutting grass and painting wells. I used them for about 8 months and they are worn out.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/productd...px?prodid=1408
This is an Awesome boot- I bought these when I got my Bucket Truck-(didn't need the steel shank of the Lineman Boot) They are comfortable, warm, and very durable. I've had mine over 6 years.
Unread 09-01-2008, 10:46 PM   #49
bh1075

http://www.justinworkboots.com/

I bought a pair of the 8in lacers four years ago. Best spent $145!
Once they are broke in, they are the best. After a very long time the soles get slicker than hell, but I still Like 'em.

I have a pair of gbx boots that I like too. More dressier and they are alot heavier.
NIGHT CREW #023
bh1075 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2008, 03:42 AM   #50
Mymmars
1989 YJ Wrangler 

current set of Milwaukee boots are deteriorating quickly under the same conditions as the others, i figure i will have to replace them by years end. got them this last december.

i had a pair of airmans boots (only label left only has the letters ***RCORAN, the first part is worn out) for a year and a half (i work valet so having a guy running in thease things is a bit of an oddity) the damed things lasted a year and a half and i almost cryed when i had to throw them away (they turned into 3 boots beacuse of the deterioration)

had a pair of the sketchers brand tactical boots, lasted a year befor they needed to be stitched together every other month. total life was a year and a half. and i was running valet at the time as well.

all boots are black leather black soles
Mymmars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2008, 05:04 PM   #51
pyro9862

This is the pair I bought.
http://www.redwingshoes.com/productd...px?prodid=1151
Not the most expensive boots in the store but certainly not a cheap pair by any means. Cost me $185 out the door, I guess I overpaid a bit. What I do love is that the store sells work boots, and only work boots, the salespeople are pretty knowledgeable. They also give you laces and cleaning/conditioning for the life of the boots. I defiantly would not buy an expensive pair of shoes out of a catalog or over the internet. When it comes time for my next pair I'll be sure to go through this thread and see who has local stores. I know Bobs Stores carry Chippewa boots and their are a couple around here. They are far from being a shoe store though.
pyro9862 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2008, 07:57 AM   #52
JeepGirl04

2001 TJ Wrangler 

if you are gonna be on your feel all day , nothing beats a pair of 5-11 tactical boots.
soooo comfy...

No work and lots of Mud makes Frankie a happy girl! :)
JeepGirl04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2008, 02:35 PM   #53
samYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

5.11's are lightweight and extremely comfortable. I own a pair myself. They are a tactical footwear brand, and I don't know if they make a steel-toe boot that is designed for industrial work abuse.

As for the poster asking about the "rcoran" boot brand, the full name is Corcoran. They are also some nice, sturdy boots.

Dannys are very good boots. I like Justins, Carolinas, Doc Martens Industrial Wellingtons are comfortable and hold up decently for the price.
Unread 09-08-2008, 02:07 PM   #54
Ferrick
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I switch between my Chippewa 9" firefighter boots and my Corcoran jump boots when I'm working on construction sites. I've found both to be comfortable and durable.
Ferrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #55
WinstonWolf
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I have Red Wing Wellies but the were rough until they broke in. May go Chippewa next time.

Used to use Corcorans, but they need a new sole, and I keep forgetting to get them done..
WinstonWolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #56
burlyq

Danner Rainforest's
burlyq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2012, 06:12 AM   #57
soontobjk
2010 JK Wrangler 

My husband (powerline tech) swears on these. Terra Fehrenheit 8" safety boots, they have a waterproof gore-tex membrane in them. They usually last him 2-3 years.

http://www.terrafootwear.com/detail....t=136&type=men
soontobjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2012, 06:37 AM   #58
XJcaveman
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Another vote for Dr. Martens. I'm on my second pair and they hold up very well. My first pair I used too wear all day at work and after work until they got so nasty I was embarrassed. I work all day on my feet. (8-6) Walking on concrete covered in oil, coolant, rust, hot metal, you name it.
Unread 12-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #59
djrsml
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Chippewa loggers, firefighters!
djrsml is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #60
fillerup
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Red Wing .
fillerup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.