Where is the snow!!!! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Where is the snow!!!!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Reply
Unread 01-30-2014, 01:16 PM   #46
paroxysym
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Baltimore, Md.
Posts: 3,768
SUPPOSEDLY in the next week and a half there is a huge snowstorm coming towards the east coast. i hope so- the combined 10" maryland has gotten this year is BS, i want more.

i just hope atlanta doesnt get hit, thats sad AND pathetic 2" shut down that city and area. really pathetic

__________________
2007.5 WK Laredo 4.7
OEM+
paroxysym is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 08:19 PM   #47
ionakana
Grand Poobah
 
ionakana's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cumming GA
Posts: 4,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
SUPPOSEDLY in the next week and a half there is a huge snowstorm coming towards the east coast. i hope so- the combined 10" maryland has gotten this year is BS, i want more.

i just hope atlanta doesnt get hit, thats sad AND pathetic 2" shut down that city and area. really pathetic
Why? We see snow every 2-3 years for a day, maybe two? I guess they should spend millions and millions of dollars to buy and maintain equipment that gets used once every other year.

But...

45438305.jpg



Then again, practically everyone in Atlanta are from up north, that would explain their driving.
__________________
Psalm 14:1



http://www.oddhammer.com/tutorials/d...debt_clock.swf



Live in Georgia? click here--> http://georgiacrawlers.com/
ionakana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #48
DJs99TJ
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 351
In pa again! Got another 6" today! Heard this week is only supposed to get worse...
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2014, 04:20 PM   #49
bobjp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
Why? We see snow every 2-3 years for a day, maybe two? I guess they should spend millions and millions of dollars to buy and maintain equipment that gets used once every other year.

But...

Attachment 1049105



Then again, practically everyone in Atlanta are from up north, that would explain their driving.
Roads don't even get plowed when there's 2 inches of snow around here. Why is stopping in the middle of the road a solution to snow? The "gridlock" is what gets me. There's just no excuse.

It's not magic up here. The roads are no more clear up here they were down there, and most people drive around 2wd vehicles on summer tires. Plows are not constantly running, and if they come out at all it's after the storm. We rely on wear from other cars to clear 2-tracks on the roads during rush hour.

I was reading some yahoo article comments, and some moron spent 5 hours to go pick up his wife 1.5 miles away. The average person walks 3 mph. Is your wife that lazy that she can't walk for 30 minutes?
__________________
97 TJ sport.
bobjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #50
rubibluejay
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,437
We got about 8.5" up my way (north of Allentown). Still waiting for "The Big One"(that's what she said )!

Here's a couple of pictures I took with my Galaxy SIII.









Jay
rubibluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #51
DJs99TJ
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubibluejay
We got about 8.5" up my way (north of Allentown). Still waiting for "The Big One"(that's what she said )! Here's a couple of pictures I took with my Galaxy SIII. Jay
I'm in the slate belt, waiting for tonight's dose of snow w a topping of ice!!!
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 03:50 PM   #52
rubibluejay
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJs99TJ View Post
I'm in the slate belt, waiting for tonight's dose of snow w a topping of ice!!!
I'm just glad the snow is falling! Without snow, it's just cold, and that's no fun... Be safe out there (have fun, of course)!




Jay
rubibluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 06:27 AM   #53
DJs99TJ
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubibluejay
I'm just glad the snow is falling! Without snow, it's just cold, and that's no fun... Be safe out there (have fun, of course)! Jay
Hey Jay, thx man. Work delay till noon. Not looking so good today & the hour commute should be doubled if not more. We got some decent ice. It does look like a winter wonderland for sure! Be safe wherever ya go today!
DJ
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 07:30 AM   #54
somebody5788
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Warsaw, Indiana
Posts: 1,018
As soon as we get some snow cleaned up another 10 inches comes.. lol It feels like it's been non stop.
__________________
2006 Honda 919 - Summer Daily
1994 Jeep ZJ - RC Long Arms | RE 4.5" springs | Bilstein 5100's | RE SS brake lines | Falken 31x10.5-15 tires | Flatland 4x4 bumpers | Summit Soft 8's 15x8 3.75 BS wheels
somebody5788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 08:32 AM   #55
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today
 
DangFoo's Avatar
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 2,857
We're finally getting consecutive days of snow; here come the tourist hordes, but our local businesses need them anyway.
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 12:04 PM   #56
vindicated
Did you miss me?
 
vindicated's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL
Posts: 1,475
Same here. I'm tired of the cold and snow.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard
Vin's so hard core, he drinks the whole jug of STFU and then has a three hour conversation about it.
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #57
ionakana
Grand Poobah
 
ionakana's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cumming GA
Posts: 4,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp View Post

Roads don't even get plowed when there's 2 inches of snow around here. Why is stopping in the middle of the road a solution to snow? The "gridlock" is what gets me. There's just no excuse.

It's not magic up here. The roads are no more clear up here they were down there, and most people drive around 2wd vehicles on summer tires. Plows are not constantly running, and if they come out at all it's after the storm. We rely on wear from other cars to clear 2-tracks on the roads during rush hour.

I was reading some yahoo article comments, and some moron spent 5 hours to go pick up his wife 1.5 miles away. The average person walks 3 mph. Is your wife that lazy that she can't walk for 30 minutes?
The snow didn't shut down the city, the fact that it blew in here so fast and turned to ice, then the 18 wheelers got stuck, that's 99% of what shut down everything. Even the know it all damn Yankees that always complain about it here claim they never seen it turn to ice that fast in the worse storms up north! Funny, they also claim up north the roads are constantly salted before a storm and wondered why we didn't do it here.

And once again, were smart enough to live where that kind of weather happens once every 3-4 years so nobody really needs to knows how to drive in it.
__________________
Psalm 14:1



http://www.oddhammer.com/tutorials/d...debt_clock.swf



Live in Georgia? click here--> http://georgiacrawlers.com/
ionakana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 09:00 PM   #58
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM
 
Jeffro06's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Total, Confusion
Posts: 9,555
From this past weekend:





And then into the frozen tundra:



__________________
Member of JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) and IndyORV
My Old YJ Build My Mods My YouTube Channel

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 09:12 PM   #59
rubibluejay
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
From this past weekend:


And then into the frozen tundra:


Nice pictures, Jeffro06; thanks for sharing!


We got about 2" of light, fluffy powder yesterday, but it might get interesting later this week! Keeping my fingers crossed that the storm tracks in our favor!




Jay
rubibluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2014, 04:50 AM   #60
DJs99TJ
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 351
Those are good pics! Everyone in Pa/Nj ready for the next one?
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.