JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/)
-   -   Where to move my shop? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/where-move-my-shop-1655889/)

Mean Max 10-06-2013 09:58 AM

Where to move my shop?

Well, my wife & I run a small one-bay, Jeep-only repair & modification shop in southeast Florida and we're considering relocating elsewhere in the eastern half of the U.S.

We want to live in a rural area, and we would like be in close proximity to some popular wheeling parks/areas, in an effort to support our shop and provide us more opportunities to wheel/socialize with folks like us.

We're both 49 years old, but we have 5 & 7 year old daughters that we want to raise in a rural, country environment.

So if you were in our shoes, what would you think?

Thanks, Max

Mean Max 10-06-2013 11:04 AM

I think we're leaning towards the Tennessee area.

Max

Tom95YJ 10-06-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean Max
I think we're leaning towards the Tennessee area. Max

My parents had a place in Just outside of gatlinburg Tn. It was a nice area. Too humid for me and I grew up in MD. Now I live in Utah I enjoy one week of 70% humidity a year.

cojab 10-07-2013 09:36 AM

Yeah Max, head west young man!

SomeBeach 10-07-2013 10:00 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Come out by me!!!!! SW Pennsylvania. It is beautiful here with 4 seasons and Jeeps (esp Wranglers) are abundant here. Close to Jeep Bantam Fest, not too far from Rausch. Is this rural enough for you? These are just pictures of my front and back yard. As an added bonus.....you can become a Pirates Fan!!! Z

970001zj 10-07-2013 10:13 AM

military bases i would say they seem to be a big jeep niche

also somewhere with a large population and near wheeling spots

good luck :thumbsup:

BamaJeepman21 10-07-2013 05:16 PM

North Alabama, Tennessee, North Georgia, South Carolina...

Can't really beat the Appalachian states IMO. I love the West and all but the South will always be my favorite place.

Scherer 10-07-2013 05:34 PM

Anywhere but NY.

I know a few people who have moved to TN and love it.

Budke 10-07-2013 05:49 PM

I spent a few months working in Fayetteville NC which is where Fort Bragg is located. Saw tons of modded jeeps there and its only a couple hours away from Uwharrie NF which is a big wheel spot. Not sure if there's any rural areas there but could be a place to look into.

Sent from my thingy using JeepForum

gmiller0737 10-07-2013 06:27 PM

Maybe Wv. The Hatfield McCoy Ivy Branch Trail has been open since July & it's the only Hatfield McCoy System that allows Full Sized Vehicles (Other 7 systems are Atv/Utv/Dirtbike) Ivy Branch is in Julian Wv only about 15 miles from Charleston.

jbolty 10-07-2013 08:52 PM

I have never lived there but I used to go to Memphis for work trips a lot. It looks like a good place to live and everyone I spoke to seemed happy there. Seems inexpensive but since I'm in San Diego everything appears cheap to me.

Tom95YJ 10-07-2013 10:20 PM

One thing about most rural area that I have noticed is pretty much everyone into wheeling fabs and works on their own stuff. Or knows someone who can do it for them an they are usually extremely tight knit communities.

holliewood61 10-07-2013 10:58 PM

x2 on central wv you have rausch not too far away. they are starting to open up the Hatfield McCoy trails to jeeps. Harlan ky is fairly close as well as potts mtn in va among other places

Mobile_Homie 10-08-2013 01:12 PM

Nothing to see out here, nothing at all....

Hey, isn't Grape in TN?

firefighter315 10-09-2013 09:16 AM

Kentucky Max, Kentucky. Plenty of places to wheel (public and private) and tons of people who do it. It's not all Jeep exclusive, but there are a lot of them around. Tom brings up a good point about most rural wheelers working on and making their own stuff, but there are also a lot of people in areas like Louisville and Lexington that think "open the package and bolt it on" fabrication is still too advanced to tackle.

The time now is 05:12 PM.