Whats Going on With Nascar? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Whats Going on With Nascar?

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 07-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #16
gmiller0737
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't watched a Nascar Race since the Late 90's & will never watch again no intrest what so ever Since they let Toyota in ruined it for Me Japanese Automakers have no business in Nascar + all their rule changes & B.S.

gmiller0737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 06:59 AM   #17
L_Kilkenny
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiller0737 View Post
I haven't watched a Nascar Race since the Late 90's & will never watch again no intrest what so ever Since they let Toyota in ruined it for Me Japanese Automakers have no business in Nascar + all their rule changes & B.S.
Honestly, their are/were quit a few fans with similar feelings about the Toyota thing. Most have realized that there are probably more USA parts and hands on those Toyota's than most of the so-called American auto makers. Chrysler has been perhaps the worst American auto maker at using foreign made parts and we all know who owns Jeep don't we?

I've never owned a non-American company car or truck. But even I am smart enough to realize that it's the crap that the USA makers were putting out in the 70's and 80's that let the Japanese into the game. Put the blame where it belongs.

I see people hangin on to a dislike of GM (government motors) more than the Toyota issue. And for much better reasons.
L_Kilkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #18
nosheep
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
I'm still waiting for F1, rally cross, and races like the TT to become more popular here in America.
you and me both there are so many better types of races then nascar.
nosheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #19
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert View Post
NJ 2014 if we're lucky. I'm stoked about Austin, all the drivers love the track b/c it has elevation changes. But the pinnacle of motorsports demands the pinnacle of ticket prices *sigh*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosheep View Post
you and me both there are so many better types of races then nascar.
I've always fantasized about F1 cars or MotoGP bikes haulin' *** through the streets of Chicago, Los Angeles,San Francisco, Phoenix, and many other cities. They do it in Europe all the time, people get to take part in the event by watching and I'm sure a good amount of people would line up to spectate such an event here. In fact, we've never had anything like that here. I can imagine it'd be a huge hit if they started doing that. I would drive all the way from Phelan, CA to Los Angeles just to watch an F1 race take place in the streets of LA.

Of course that would cause massive gridlock problems.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #20
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
I've always fantasized about F1 cars or MotoGP bikes haulin' *** through the streets of Chicago, Los Angeles,San Francisco, Phoenix,
x2 but for now look down the city street of your choice and listen to this

Unread 07-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #21
austin6137
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I was to Pocono in the beginning of June, and it was pretty packed but it was sponsored by WalMart and most seats cost $25 which I thought was dirt cheap. This passed weekend the finally brought back Indy cars to Pocono I wish I could of went to that.
90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
austin6137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 01:54 AM   #22
Hoobly_Goob
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Of course that would cause massive gridlock problems.
Doesn't everything cause gridlock in LA?

"Hmmm, there are a few more clouds in the sky today than usual."
GRIDLOCK

"Sombody's crossing the street. Better..."
GRIDLOCK

"Everything we see, all that we perceive as 'reality,' is filtered through my senses. Can I really trust them?"
GRIDLOCK

Utah Jeep Crew
Hoobly_Goob is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.