Whats a 03-06 rear seat worth? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Whats a 03-06 rear seat worth?

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-17-2013, 01:24 AM   #1
03Ruth
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Whats a 03-06 rear seat worth?

Wanting to sell my seat with all brackets and seat belts. I've had it out for over a month now and like the extra room. What is a good price to start with?

03Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 01:45 AM   #2
legato
1995 YJ Wrangler 

go to quadratec or 4wd and find out how much its going for new and sell your stuff like fifteen percent cheaper -not actually that much, but just enough, so that the buyer thinks they're getting a deal- and put it up on craigslist then go from there. if it doesn't sell in a week and you're impatient/don't have any space for it, ask for a little bit less and continue this process until it sells. if you are patient/do have the room for the clutter wait like two weeks or a month then lower it a bit until it sells. remember to put o.b.o in your listing otherwise you'll never sell it.

trust me, this works. i'm twenty-two and got my first job at twenty-one and the second at twenty-two (working two jobs for the summer) because my parents want me to focus on my grades (pre-med). in order to make some cash i learned to flip things and haggle from watching my father do it when buying miscellaneous items and live stock, as well as from watching pawn stars and fast n' loud -mainly fast n' loud, the guys from pawn stars are dicks! i've gotten so good at it that my father trust me to sell our live stock. he often tells me what he wants to get out of it i often get more than what he wants (like fifty bucks more).
Unread 07-17-2013, 05:22 AM   #3
03Ruth
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the info. Depending on what brand you want to buy the prices vary quite a bit but the prices are for the seats only. They do not include the hardware or seatbelts and of course they aren't oem. I'm going to craigslist it for $275. I have room to store it so I'm not in a hurry to sell it but I'm not going to give it away either. Just have to see how it goes. Thanks again.
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
legato
1995 YJ Wrangler 

cool, let me know how much you sell it for in the end.
Unread 07-19-2013, 12:25 AM   #5
03Ruth
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sold it tonight for $200. He didn't need the brackets so I get to put the bolts back in and seal up the floor. He only wanted the seat and seat belts. And got to work tonight and sold my rear grab handles to a guy at work that has a JK for $20. Overall not a bad night!
Unread 07-19-2013, 12:43 AM   #6
legato
1995 YJ Wrangler 

you let him beat you down seventy-five dollars? i wouldn't have let him beat me down over fifty. no offense, but i think you did bad on that deal. as for the brackets, i would put them up on craigslist and see what happens or just throw it in the scrap pile i have collecting in my back yard until i have enough to sell at the local junk yard -i collect and sell scrap metal as well.
Unread 07-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #7
03Ruth
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I looked around and the average price they were selling for around here was between $100-$150 ( and that's within a 2 state area ) I ended up asking $225 and went to $200. I guess it just depends on your location. I did make the $20 off the grab handles also! Either way its $200 that was just sitting in my garage floor and he has two kids that he can take with him now when he goes wheeling. Thanks for your help though!
Unread 07-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #8
legato
1995 YJ Wrangler 

oh, if he only beat you down $25 dollars then you did great! congratulations(:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.