What would it take for you to kill someone? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > What would it take for you to kill someone?

Halloween Savings to die for!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 10-02-2005, 01:28 PM   #46
0IIII0

I would say that there exists no "external" or "real" right and wrong that applies fro everyone. If I remember, and it was either Locke, Hume or Rousseau, was it not the case that man religuishes the power to government for the protection and enforcement of agreed upon rights? A social contract on what is right and wrong?

Otherwise, right and wrong is only relative to the self.

heat to 451° Fahrenheit and seek television immediately.

"Every argument has a motive, but only the arguments given matter."

[COLOR=SandyBrown]Khaki[/COLOR] Jeep Club Member #[B]28[/B]
Jeep Sahara Club #70
0IIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2005, 03:39 PM   #47
NOTQUITEMUSASHI
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanjeep
My rates are about $3000 for the first, and $1500 for all others in the same day.

"500 pieces of gold and you must tell me the whole story" - ogami ito
Yellow Jeep Club Member #91
CSA Jeepers Association Member#2
MERRY WACKO JEEP CLUB MEMBER #1
I BUILT MY OWN JEEP JEEP CLUB MEMBER #91
Apathetic jeep club for people who don't care about people who don't give a rats a$$ about people who have an apathetic jeep club jeep club club member # f this
RE 2.5XD + .5 shackles
ho-made f & r bumpers
bfg mt 33", 4.10's D30 xjD44
Quote:
Originally Posted by firecord
NOTQUITEMUSASHI and tcourdin, TJVigilante might not like you guys, BUT I LOVE YOU! Can we have a 3 way? :rofl:
NOTQUITEMUSASHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2005, 04:46 PM   #48
dwilliams35
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIII0
Ahh you bring up a good point williams. Do humans have genetically programmed sense of "right and wrong"?

I believe there are some very good examples that would say YES.

One such example would be incest. Its is practically universally taboo. There is even empricial evidence that points the the oflactory senses as possible mechanism for the disgust one usually experiences when the thought arises.
Of course, that could also be simply a matter of natural selection: those cultures that practiced incest quickly died out through the assorted genetic problems such activity causes. Who knows? Basically the chicken and the egg argument revisited.
dwilliams35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2005, 05:23 PM   #49
polsonmedic91

Been there, done that.

Like I always say...

Good Paramedics always bury their mistakes.
polsonmedic91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2005, 05:53 PM   #50
gromit

I could use deadly force on someone who:

1) Threatened me with deadly force,
2) Threatened an innocent third party with deadly force.

No question. I'm also a certified firearms instructor (Law Enforcement) and have relatively high confidence in my effectiveness if I were to make that decision.

Property crime...take it, I'm insured. (I may kick your *** if I catch you, though)

JEEP=Just Empty Every Pocket

Parrothead JEEPers Union #5
gromit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2005, 06:28 PM   #51
Shinner
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromit
Property crime...take it, I'm insured. (I may kick your *** if I catch you, though)
Isn't that assault?

Black Jeep Society - Black Jeep Club V2.0 #37 - Merry Wacko Jeep Club #37 - Metalhead Jeep Club #37 - 2.5L Low Output Jeep Club #37
Shinner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2005, 07:10 PM   #52
gromit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinner
Isn't that assault?
Yep...Physical force (in NY) is justified in defense of property. Having experience in filling out depositions and using the right phrasing is also *very* important.
Know the law in your jurisdiction and be able to articulate that you followed it.
;-)

JEEP=Just Empty Every Pocket

Parrothead JEEPers Union #5
gromit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2005, 09:02 PM   #53
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I agree with the chance of getting away with it. I had an argument the other day with someone about this. If I had the chance, I'd take out a lot of people. I was pissed the other day when some f-er took a bunch of crap out of my Jeep. If it were legal and I had a gun, I'd shoot the bastard. Not necessarily to kill, even though I'd like to, but definately to mame. My friend told me I was crazy. He said that I was asking for it by leaving the jeep doorless/topless in the city. IMO, it doesnt f-en matter. If I left my front door open to my house, that means people should be able to come in without and reprecussions(sp?). I would love to sit in my bedroom window and pick up f-ers that go in my jeep. There are plenty of people that do ***** because they know no one can really do anything(legally).

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2005, 09:49 PM   #54
ProfessorCRX
Web Wheeler

They'd have to deserve it, and I'd have to be able to get away with it. Anything else is just a bonus.
ProfessorCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2005, 01:44 PM   #55
Legacy

all i have to know is whether or not i like you, if i don't like you, i could kill you without any hesitation....also i'm not afraid of going to prision, about 5 years ago i almost died in a car accident, and now i am simply waiting i am no longer afraid to die therefore if i were about to be captured and sent to prision, i would take my own life and be happy with it knowing that i took the soul of another before i died.
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2005, 01:49 PM   #56
RubiconSS

When I was still on Active Duty.
- Approved Leave
- $15,000 (cash/per) plus travel expenses.

That was awhile back. I imagine the price has gone up.
Unread 10-07-2005, 01:54 PM   #57
AMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy
all i have to know is whether or not i like you, if i don't like you, i could kill you without any hesitation....also i'm not afraid of going to prision, about 5 years ago i almost died in a car accident, and now i am simply waiting i am no longer afraid to die therefore if i were about to be captured and sent to prision, i would take my own life and be happy with it knowing that i took the soul of another before i died.
If you are not afraid of going to prison, why would you kill yourself before you were captured?
Unread 10-07-2005, 02:00 PM   #58
RubiconSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy
Do you work inside or outside at the Post Office??
Unread 10-07-2005, 02:14 PM   #59
FlyersFan2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinner
Dunno...some of them environmentalists are seriously screwed in the head. Most hunters I know aren't in it for "the kill" as much as they are for the meat. I mean, if they spend a day in the woods and carry nothing out but their gun, they're still pretty content with the experience of getting away from it all and having a relaxing day.

I agree with this.

Some enviromentalists are more dangerous than hunders these days.

I hunt for the shear enjoyment of getting into the woods and enjoying nature. But I do carry a sidearm now especially during bow season for personal protection.

Although some people assume taking down an animal is easy, it's not. To take down a deer for example is a roller coaster ride for me. First heart pouding excite as I make the decision, then the joy of good shot, then sadness when you watch the animal thrash and eventually die, then joy again as the rack sits on my wall.

Most hunters are not heartless killers.

As for taking a human life, if someone broke into my house they would be dead; no two ways about it.
FlyersFan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2005, 02:16 PM   #60
RubiconSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kopczyk
I agree with this.

Some enviromentalists are more dangerous than hunders these days.

I hunt for the shear enjoyment of getting into the woods and enjoying nature. But I do carry a sidearm now especially during bow season for personal protection.

Although some people assume taking down an animal is easy, it's not. To take down a deer for example is a roller coaster ride for me. First heart pouding excite as I make the decision, then the joy of good shot, then sadness when you watch the animal thrash and eventually die, then joy again as the rack sits on my wall.

Most hunters are not heartless killers.

As for taking a human life, if someone broke into my house they would be dead; no two ways about it.
And then there is hanging his head on the wall... I'd put an apple in his mouth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.