What would it take for you to kill someone? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > What would it take for you to kill someone?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-01-2005, 10:19 PM   #31
rubi-soho

I'd do it for a bag of those good airling peanuts.... or maybe some starburst

Unread 10-01-2005, 10:24 PM   #32
Tri_X_Troll
1986 MJ Comanche 

If someone broke into my house, I'd blow them away real quick
Unread 10-02-2005, 12:21 AM   #33
wyldejackyl

Great, so I'm not the only one that thinks that certain people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them. I'm all for Darwin taking care of them though..take all the poison labels off of bleach, lye, drain opener..take all the shock labels off of hair dryers, curling irons, and all the burn warnings off of waffle irons, toasters, and torches...and let's see what happens.

If someone was threatening my life or that of my family, I would kill them. I mean really, if a criminal has a gun to your head, he's already audacious enough to threaten you with death. In my eyes, I would already be "dead" so any reaction I had to the situation could only be for the better.
55/100W H4 Hella headlamp conversion w/ dual relays
wyldejackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2005, 12:39 AM   #34
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I was recently thinking about how some of America's founding fathers survived duels and went on to become revered leaders and earned places in all of our history books. If those same great figures got into a duel today and survived by killing the other person, they'd be in prison for murder or at the very least, manslaughter.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2005, 12:59 AM   #35
jeverett
2004 TJ Wrangler 

would you be talking of what I have killed over, or what it would take to kill the next one??

seriously though, probably not anything trivial, but not all that much really.
Unread 10-02-2005, 01:25 AM   #36
creature
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Sure, I'd kill a man for a Klondike bar...
Unread 10-02-2005, 07:37 AM   #37
JVracer04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
I was recently thinking about how some of America's founding fathers survived duels and went on to become revered leaders and earned places in all of our history books. If those same great figures got into a duel today and survived by killing the other person, they'd be in prison for murder or at the very least, manslaughter.

*gloveslap* ..baby *gloveslap*
Unread 10-02-2005, 10:18 AM   #38
treeofliberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
It's interesting that you mention this. More than likely, it was the Hamilton/Burr dule of 1804 that ended dueling in America. Hamilton died the next day and Burr lived another 32 years in disgrace, regretting the whole ugly affair.

I agree with you. Think of all the simple things we did as children that today would get gasps of horror: playing with lawn darts, being gone all day riding bikes around town (without a cell phone), shooting BB guns or 22's. Two conscenting adults blazing away in the town square would make international news.

2004 Wrangler Unlimited, 4.0L auto, 4" Teraflex lift, 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MT/R's on MT Classic II wheels, ARB's front and rear, 4.56 gears, York OBA, Milemarker E9000 Winch, Shrockworks Rocksliders, KOZ Offroad Rear Bumper, Skid Row Engine Skid, Bestop soft half doors, Raingler Pet Nets
treeofliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2005, 11:15 AM   #39
wyldejackyl

That's right, you can't do anything anymore unless it's covered in foam and painted blaze orange. Everything is "unsafe." No wonder kids don't learn anything..no one takes risks and makes mistakes.
it's only going to get worse.
55/100W H4 Hella headlamp conversion w/ dual relays
wyldejackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2005, 11:23 AM   #40
Renegade363

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle
A decently good chance of getting away with it.
I'm with you there
Renegade363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2005, 11:25 AM   #41
wellslaw
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Random thoughts after browsing through this thread:

Our goverment murders it's citizens from time to time; sometimes the wrong ones.

I'm a tree lover and hunter; I would not hesitate to take out someone who intends or attempts harm to my family.
wellslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2005, 12:12 PM   #42
G Man

What did it take...or what would it take to do it again?

2005 Jeep Rubicon Sahara Unlimited (That's just too damn long) #790 of 1000
Khaki - Ragtop - 6 speed stick - AFW Front Bumper - SRC Rear Bumper - WARN 9000i Winch - More to come.
G Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2005, 01:02 PM   #43
Bobbywolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrubio
If you knew for a fact that you could get away with it would you?
I'm starting to question why you are asking this?
Bobbywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2005, 01:11 PM   #44
0IIII0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilliams35
This takes me back to an old argument we had in one of my old business law classes in college: is murder truly a mala in se crime, or mala prohibita? Once you rule out the Ten commandments, etc., is there ANYTHING that can be done that is inherently wrong, or is it all just a list of actions which society has prohibited over time? If it wasn't illegal, would it truly be inherently wrong, just because a certain segment of the population considers it evil? If one person doesn't consider murder evil, then isn't it simply a dictatorship of the majority over the views of the few. What does it take for a crime to be evil in and of itself?

Sorry: that's always been one question I've bounced around in my head from time to time.
Sounds like a relativist free-for-all...
heat to 451 Fahrenheit and seek television immediately.

"Every argument has a motive, but only the arguments given matter."

[COLOR=SandyBrown]Khaki[/COLOR] Jeep Club Member #[B]28[/B]
Jeep Sahara Club #70
0IIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2005, 01:16 PM   #45
0IIII0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilliams35
Pardon my "emboldening" of your text to make my point: That "for me" is the key to what I'm saying. Sure, to you or I murder or rape would tend to be a slam-dunk mala in se crime: However, if you really get down to it, it is simply a principle that has been set in the stone of human "right and wrong" over the years: Lesser animals will, at times, commit killings which, if committed by humans, would be cold blooded murder. Is it wrong for them to do so, and are they capable of knowing that it is wrong if so? Thus, would not the human conscientious nature be the single factor at play here? Without the introduction of God and the Ten Commandments or whatever divine law one may subscribe to, I would suggest the possibility that ANYTHING is mala prohibita, simply because humans, at some point in some cave, decided that such crimes were wrong and should be outlawed. Thus, when that decision was made, it actually was a mala prohibita crime: centuries of tradition, along with the influence of religious doctrine, have completed the transformation into what our law would presently call a mala in se crime. If there are not now, nor had there ever been, any prohibition against murder; no centuries of parents teaching their children that it is wrong, etc., would we as humans just genetically know that it is wrong, or would we be killing each other with no thought of guilt or evil?

Ahh you bring up a good point williams. Do humans have genetically programmed sense of "right and wrong"?

I believe there are some very good examples that would say YES.

One such example would be incest. Its is practically universally taboo. There is even empricial evidence that points the the oflactory senses as possible mechanism for the disgust one usually experiences when the thought arises.
heat to 451 Fahrenheit and seek television immediately.

"Every argument has a motive, but only the arguments given matter."

[COLOR=SandyBrown]Khaki[/COLOR] Jeep Club Member #[B]28[/B]
Jeep Sahara Club #70
0IIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.