What would it take for you to kill someone? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > What would it take for you to kill someone?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 09-30-2005, 10:12 PM   #1
rrubio
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

What would it take for you to kill someone?

Just as the title states.

rrubio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:14 PM   #2
War Eagle
BRAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!

A decently good chance of getting away with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thexonexkid View Post
I was under the assumption that you were Keith?
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:15 PM   #3
rrubio
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

seriously what would it take?
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:15 PM   #4
dwilliams35
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrubio
Just as the title states.
Him or me, him or a different innocent party. I'll leave out the "protection of property" that the law around here allows; one well-placed round in the back of the knee and he can't tote my TV off anymore.
dwilliams35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:18 PM   #5
mat626

a pack of dixie cups and ointmient for my rash
mat626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:22 PM   #6
ADIDAS

attempting to cause harm to me or my family.
ADIDAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:23 PM   #7
War Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrubio
seriously what would it take?
I WAS being serious. The only thing that keeps me from killing a few people right now is the fear of going to prison.
Quote:
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:24 PM   #8
rrubio
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

I would kill someone without blinking an eye if some pervert touched my daughters.
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:26 PM   #9
XJIceQueen98

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Depends....on the proximity to the closest lake....and whether my neighbor will let me borrow the chainsaw that week. Other than that not much. Price depends on the complexity of the job also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWaylon
if you think you're "normal" just because a majority of the posters on jeepforum agree with you...then you REALLY have issues...:D :D
XJIceQueen98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:30 PM   #10
dwilliams35
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle
I WAS being serious. The only thing that keeps me from killing a few people right now is the fear of going to prison.
This takes me back to an old argument we had in one of my old business law classes in college: is murder truly a mala in se crime, or mala prohibita? Once you rule out the Ten commandments, etc., is there ANYTHING that can be done that is inherently wrong, or is it all just a list of actions which society has prohibited over time? If it wasn't illegal, would it truly be inherently wrong, just because a certain segment of the population considers it evil? If one person doesn't consider murder evil, then isn't it simply a dictatorship of the majority over the views of the few. What does it take for a crime to be evil in and of itself?

Sorry: that's always been one question I've bounced around in my head from time to time.
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:31 PM   #11
rrubio
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilliams35
This takes me back to an old argument we had in one of my old business law classes in college: is murder truly a mala in se crime, or mala prohibita? Once you rule out the Ten commandments, etc., is there ANYTHING that can be done that is inherently wrong, or is it all just a list of actions which society has prohibited over time? If it wasn't illegal, would it truly be inherently wrong, just because a certain segment of the population considers it evil? If one person doesn't consider murder evil, then isn't it simply a dictatorship of the majority over the views of the few. What does it take for a crime to be evil in and of itself?

Sorry: that's always been one question I've bounced around in my head from time to time.
That is what serial killers think.That has always been in my head also.
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:34 PM   #12
War Eagle

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I think murder is evil and there are lots of things that I consider inherently wrong. Doesn't mean I wouldn't do them if I could get away with it, though.
Quote:
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:37 PM   #13
rrubio
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

Would it be easier for a hunter to kill someone compared to a tree lover?
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:38 PM   #14
AMK

Quote:

Well, for me, a crime can be evil in itself when it hinders the forward development of humanity (in vein with Kant). One of the natural purposes of life is to ensure survival of the species, so anything that disrupts that survival is something that needs to be prevented. Murder clearly destroys the fabric of survival, so it ought to be prohibited. So, to answer your question, it is mala in se and not mala prohibita. Rape is another example of a mala in se crime.

With that being said, murder is different from self protection. I will kill a person, if need be, in order to protect my family or myself.
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:41 PM   #15
dwilliams35
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle
Don't get me wrong, I think murder is evil and there are lots of things that I consider inherently wrong. Doesn't mean I wouldn't do them if I could get away with it, though.
Yep, I'm on the list of people who think it's evil, too: Just the Christian in me, I guess. I think I'd have to have a real, legal, valid right to use deadly force to actually do it. Self defense or defense of others.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.