Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What's your most expensive mod

813 views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  JeepingMoose 
#1 ·
and what's your favorite one. I have a stock jeep, which eventually will be changed. First I have to do some basic things. Go over the motor. In a few weeks the seats come out, herculiner, new seats and some upgrading to the rollbar. After that the list gets into big $$$.

#7 ·
So far the tires and a new soft top,I need to rebuild the motor so that will probably drain my wallet.I have a friend that has sunk a TON of money into his 95YJ,the good thing is I've been able to get a lot of his cast-offs(wheels,seats,...) dirt cheap:)

#8 ·
most expensive.. Atlas 3.8, Belly up Skid, new driveshafts... by the time of the install, 2800 bucks

rebuilt the 2.5L got it to 250 Hp.. from Harmonic damper to the CenterForce Stage III clutch cost me 1300

1200 for front 4.88's & Ez Locker & Ford 9" that i built with 4.86 gears, Spool, 31 Splined superior shafts... that i built & instaleld

a grand for 4 36 Sx Swampers

450 for a Skyjacker 4" Lift

favorite mod ? hmmm Green tiger stripes that i hand painted... that drew more attention than the rest... then people were like wow what all you have in this thing , funny thing is ...it onloy cost me about 5 bucks for a quart of paint

#10 · (Edited)
This axle swap and gear change that im in the process of doing is going to be my most expensive mod.

8.8" rear+4.88 gears F/R+new calipers+locker+all of the hardware to make the swap adapt to my YJ=alot of money

-Heath

#11 ·
ditto....

250 for the 8.8, another 250 or a little less for the install stuff....
$30 for the 4.10's..... (already had d35 4.10's sent to me under warranty so 4wd parts in OKC is letting me trade them for 8.8 4.10's) and a few hundred for the install for those... i guess i'll be at 700 or so for the rear.... but i'll survive with the 3.73's

havent changed tires since i bought the jeep but i guess that'll be a fun thing when it comes.

#12 ·
Ha, that's easy... custom built Dynatrac axle. I'm not gonna say how much, it'll depress me.:)

My favorite to this point... hard to say. I loved the driveline improvements the sye made... There's nothing like having your own air source... You can't beat the piece of mind of having good rocker/skid protection...

I guess to me every mod is my favorite.:D

Brian.

#13 ·
My most expensive mods were taking down the "For Sale" sign in my CJ and THEN purchasing ANOTHER Jeep (see below). These two mods together cost me about $25,000 in divorce fees and child support! :eek: Seems the wife hated me and my rigs just about the same amount! LOL!

"I Keepin Jeepin!" ie: I aint gettin no sex, but I'm still gettin wet...in my JEEP! YeeHaw!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.