What part is this??? Its come loose. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > What part is this??? Its come loose.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 07-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #16
MATT99TJ
Member
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Would you like me to start listing names of vehicles with coil spring suspension and no swaybars from the factory, I can do that if you want !
I don't want a full list, but it would be cool if you could point out just one that was designed with an anti-sway bar as part of the overall suspension system, but it wasn't used in production.

I can say that MY wrangler, a 2006 Rubi unlimited, was engineered to have that anti-sway bar connected. Drove a short distance without it once and wow, what an experience. Think I three wheeled it around a few corners. Was funny, but scary as heck.

MATT99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #17
XJaySC
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charleston
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post

Would you like me to start listing names of vehicles with coil spring suspension and no swaybars from the factory, I can do that if you want !
I'd like to see this list as well.
XJaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #18
rambo3489
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 1,633
Dont be a buncha Pussie$. Sway bars are overrated. His JK does just fine without the front. More body roll but nothing to get all uptight about. It's personal preference.

The only reason they are on there are for evasive maneuvers. BUT if you have a lift and big tires that maneuver goes right out the window whether or not you have swaybars or not.
__________________
89 YJ.. My first jeep and I won't let it go. ▀||||▀

Current Project: None... I disgust myself.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
rambo3489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #19
JKPaul
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: , Alpha Centauri
Posts: 142
[QUOTE=rambo3489;15656429]Dont be a buncha Pussie$. Sway bars are overrated. His JK does just fine without the front. More body roll but nothing to get all uptight about. It's personal preference.

So's Russian Roulette.
__________________
O|||||O

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.......'!
JKPaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #20
2006_Sport
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sherrills Ford, NC
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke View Post

Thats a bad idea on a TJ. You get wayy too much body roll with coils. It was fine with it disco'd on my old YJ, but on the TJ it rolls wayy to much making it real unsafe.
Or you just get scared too easily. I've driven my jeep disco'd up front for a few months which consisted mostly of highway driving. The off/on ramps weren't even that bad. City driving wasn't all that bad either. If you drive like Mario andretti around turns then its unsafe, sure.

Now if it was the rear sway bar, that's a different story.
__________________
SUPPORT THE TROOPS

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #21
tjkj2002
Registered User
2002 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 7,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo3489 View Post
Dont be a buncha Pussie$. Sway bars are overrated. His JK does just fine without the front. More body roll but nothing to get all uptight about. It's personal preference.

The only reason they are on there are for evasive maneuvers. BUT if you have a lift and big tires that maneuver goes right out the window whether or not you have swaybars or not.
On a leaf sprung vehicle sure but not a coil sprung or independant suspension vehicle.


Keep recommending poeple ditch it and in a few years Chrysler will be dishing out more $$$ since they made it to easy to remove the swaybars and causing more deaths.
__________________
'02 Liberty sitting on 35" tires,HP44,RockJock60,and AtlasII t-case
tjkj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #22
2006_Sport
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sherrills Ford, NC
Posts: 10,831
The same people in this thread talking about how dangerous it is driving with no front sway bar in the front of a TJ/JK are probably the same folks in TJ tech that pollute the Aussie locker threads about how they will make your jeep explode if you put them in the front and go onto a snowy road.


I have done both of these things multiple times and every time I came back alive and without killing a litter of kittens.
__________________
SUPPORT THE TROOPS

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 12:15 AM   #23
Black Hills TJ
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Black Hills, SD
Posts: 1,500
Been running my TJ disco'd front AND rear for years now...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenwr
My mouth still has funky taste in it, so I am doin alright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 04:31 AM   #24
vadslram
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 4,632
Sure leave off the sway bars because car manufacturers and high performance shops have no clue

They are there for a purpose, they keep the body from leaning out of a turn moving the center of gravity and adversely effecting the traction.....but by all means take them off because web wizards obviously know better.
That's why Jeep didn't spend big bucks developing a disconnect system for the Rubicons, they just left the sway bars off.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #25
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
The same people in this thread talking about how dangerous it is driving with no front sway bar in the front of a TJ/JK are probably the same folks in TJ tech that pollute the Aussie locker threads about how they will make your jeep explode if you put them in the front and go onto a snowy road.

I have done both of these things multiple times and every time I came back alive and without killing a litter of kittens.
Normally I agree with you for the most part. ...however I still think its terrible advice to tell people to run disco'd on the street. ..hell I've done it more than once, especially when I was at school & was doing a lot of city driving & could squeeze in a little wheeling on the weekend.. it rode way better & mostly city was nice....but it isn't nearly as safe when the handling characteristics are considered.

Even girls I knew at school that knew practically nothing about vehicles would ask me what I did to it when disco'd...

Yes you can run disco'd on the street & not kill children in a firery bus crash....but it still is not as safe & its not a good thing to recommend

Edit:....or kittens

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #26
2006_Sport
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sherrills Ford, NC
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post

Normally I agree with you for the most part. ...however I still think its terrible advice to tell people to run disco'd on the street. ..hell I've done it more than once, especially when I was at school & was doing a lot of city driving & could squeeze in a little wheeling on the weekend.. it rode way better & mostly city was nice....but it isn't nearly as safe when the handling characteristics are considered.

Even girls I knew at school that knew practically nothing about vehicles would ask me what I did to it when disco'd...

Yes you can run disco'd on the street & not kill children in a firery bus crash....but it still is not as safe & its not a good thing to recommend

Edit:....or kittens

Sent by a messenger bird
I mean we aren't saying to go out and remove the sway bar for the hell of it. But driving with it disco'd for a bit because it broke isn't going to hurt anything.
__________________
SUPPORT THE TROOPS

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #27
bfaas
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Western Mass
Posts: 134
I run my TJ with 4" lift and 33's disco'd at all times. When I first disconnected it the difference in body roll was minimal. Would I trust someone who doesn't drive jeeps to hop in it and take a corner. No, probably not but it is personal preference and I am comfortable driving it the way it is and I've been driving it like that for years.
bfaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #28
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post

I mean we aren't saying to go out and remove the sway bar for the hell of it. But driving with it disco'd for a bit because it broke isn't going to hurt anything.
Except all the children & kittens...

Haha I guess I get your point

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #29
XJaySC
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charleston
Posts: 221
Still don't see a list though
XJaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #30
MuddyJeepZJ
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Forked River, NJ
Posts: 2,012
If you wheel at all you will want to run at least anti rocks front and rear!
__________________
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2003 Dodge Ram 3500
My Build Thread
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.