What load do you use in your carry gun! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > What load do you use in your carry gun!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 01-22-2010, 08:35 AM   #31
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I'm using 9mm 115 gr Hydrashocks in my Glocks. I do think there's some better performing rounds but we all know it's not about magic bullets but shot placement.

Unread 01-22-2010, 11:51 AM   #32
Slenny
2007 JK Wrangler 

No one carries the old Black Talons anymore?
Slenny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #33
mickmeister
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I use Federal 50 Grain .22 Magnum Classic JHP
mickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #34
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duayne77 View Post
No one carries the old Black Talons anymore?
They're still around, just called Winchester Ranger SXT.
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #35
-Deepskyy-
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin108 View Post
They're still around, just called Winchester Ranger SXT.
180gr Federal JHP .40
I might switch up to Winchester Golden Sabres though.
-Lt. General Charles, Earl Cornwallis after the battle of Guilford Courthouse NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outatime05 View Post
Females are a dime-a-dozen. Jeeps are forever. Easy choice. Be indispensible or be gone. :wave:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdavetj View Post
We are Jeepforum. We can do the unthinkable. We are Jeep strong. And head stubborn. We are. JEEPFORUM.
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Red Jeep #543
-Deepskyy- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #36
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITBULL1967 View Post
Is it true that canada outlawed everything but pump actions and bolt action?
No, they've just got fun rules like no carry, registration, etc (although IIRC they did just repeal long gun registration, since they figured out it was pointless). But outside of the US, South Africa and Israel definitely one of the most gun-friendly countries.

1998 Buick LeSabre Custom
commodore_dude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #37
Douglas S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITBULL1967 View Post
Is it true that canada outlawed everything but pump actions and bolt action?
We can get semi-auto as well, but there are limitations.

For centerfire semi-autos, 5 round magazines only. The interesting things is that the 5 round mags are just 20 or 30's that are pinned.

Rimfire semi-autos can have 10rd mags, but it isn't uncommon to see 20's and 30's because most of those guns never leave the farm, so there is little chance of getting caught.

Also, things like AR's, semi-auto handguns, and some others are considered "restricted". Which means you have to have a certain type of acquisition license (not difficult to obtain). The downside is that restricted weapons can only be used at certain locations (or your own property) and if you are caught with them anywhere else or not en-route to one of those locations you will pay for it.
Unread 01-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #38
kairo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
That is good advice. There was a case about ten years ago where a school teacher that was hiking in the woods and shot a crazy man. The DA did bring up the type of ammo he was carrying ("as it was meant to kill" ) and it did influence the jury, especially a soccer mom that was later interviewed.
Part of the conflict in that case was the guy was using a 10mm. That's a BIG round for personal defense. Can easily be construed as "overkill"
kairo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #39
Coyotes97
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
That is good advice. There was a case about ten years ago where a school teacher that was hiking in the woods and shot a crazy man. The DA did bring up the type of ammo he was carrying ("as it was meant to kill" ) and it did influence the jury, especially a soccer mom that was later interviewed.
I think you are referring to Harold Fish. In his case it was not the brand of ammo. It was the simple fact that it was hollowpoint and particularly that it was "an unusually powerful round", the 10mm. I think Fish's defense did a very poor job. He was carrying for protection against wildlife. In that role the 10mm is on the low end of the power spectrum. His defense should have made it known in cross that the 10mm was developed for the FBI and that virtually ALL law enforcement carries JHP.

ETA: On topic, I carry Hornady Critical Defense in my .380 pocket gun. When I bring the .45 it contains Win Ranger SXT (This may soon change to the new Critical Defense for .45). At home there is a 12GA loaded with a mix of Win Military grade 00 buck and SuperX slugs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.