What kind of watch do you wear? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > What kind of watch do you wear?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 02-15-2007, 03:32 PM   #76
Bullwinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitham_wannabe
I've never understood wearing a watch ... I don't wear one, haven't since I was a kid. Watches are just jewelry. They have only one more function than a bracelet, to tell the time and there are clocks everywhere you look. Just from my desk I can see four devices with the time on them, so I don't need to carry a little clock around on my wrist.
I used to think the same thing, then I realized that most successful people wear a watch.

Now that I wear one, I check the clock on my wrist before I look at the one on my monitor, or the dash in my truck. It's just a habit becasue the one on my wrist is always there. When I don't have it on, I feel lost; kinda like how you feel when you forget your cell phone.

There are employers, when interviewing you, will check whether or not you wear a watch. It's a sign that you are punctual.

I know at least a couple of you are going to chime in with "my uncle is rich and he doesn't wear a watch..."

Unread 02-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #77
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
Web Wheeler

The one on your wrist can keep your time. And if you get a good piece like Jerry it can keep your time very well for the rest of your life, with proper service. A good watch is art and function. It is precision and passion. It is day and night. A good watch is love.
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #78
JeepHunter89
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitham_wannabe
I've never understood wearing a watch ... I don't wear one, haven't since I was a kid. Watches are just jewelry. They have only one more function than a bracelet, to tell the time and there are clocks everywhere you look. Just from my desk I can see four devices with the time on them, so I don't need to carry a little clock around on my wrist.
I agree completely. My friend wears a watch but I can understand that.....he's been wearing the same cheap one since elementary school....he even has a watch tan from it.

But why don't people just use their cell phones. The majority of people today do have cell phones so I don't see the need for a watch.
JeepHunter89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 04:19 PM   #79
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
A good watch is love.
You do know it doesn't love you back right?

... just how far does this "love" go? Do we want to know?
Unread 02-15-2007, 04:42 PM   #80
Steelman
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky05
You are a pick pocket arent you? Nobody finds that many expensive watches.
That many? Only two and there was a 14 year gap between finding the two. Right place at the right time I guess!
my rig: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Are you bipolar, passive agressive, or just unable to recognize the dichotomy of your thought processes?
Steelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 04:56 PM   #81
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoseki
You do know it doesn't love you back right?

... just how far does this "love" go? Do we want to know?
Well I sleep with a watch everynight. I shower with my watch. Sometimes it is even part of the love making process (O.K. finally done with the 5 minutes of foreplay.... only 30 seconds till bedtime... )

I guess the real question is did you want to know?

But seriously, I love all my watches. I'd sell my jeep before my watch collection (it took way more time, money and work to build)
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 06:02 PM   #82
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHunter89
But why don't people just use their cell phones. The majority of people today do have cell phones so I don't see the need for a watch.
I dunno about you but just holding my wrist up to see the time on my watch is a whole lot faster and more convenient than pulling my cell phone out of its holder (or pocket), reading the time, and then having to put it back into its holder.

Plus my watch has a rotating bezel timer that I use for timing everything from timing my food on the bbq grill to keeping track of the parking meter. I use my watch's timer at least several times a day

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 06:08 PM   #83
qf4phlyer

2008 JK Wrangler 

I have a Breitling Aerospace which was a gift from my parents as a graduation present. I also wear Louis Bolle, and Chase-Durer. My wife is addicted to shoe's and lingerie, my downfalls are watches and Sun Glasses.
08 Wrangler X DETN8R Yellow Rough Country 2.5" progressive rate coil lift, 2.2 shocks. 1.25" body lift, disco's, steering stabilizer. Benchmark EVAP skid. TeraFlex front bumper with shackles. 35x12.5x15 BFG A/T KO's on MB72 wheels.Cobra 75 on a Firestik. Arizona Rocky Road antenna mount. Ward bug shield, DayStar hood wranglers, upper dash panel. Qtech arm rest.

2002 Wrangler Sahara RIP
1979 CJ 7 258 RIP
1975 Cherokee S 401 RIP
qf4phlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 06:20 PM   #84
rxl
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Anything that requires the need for down to the minute scheduling, I'm not interested.

Canadian Jeep Club Member #7

99 GC limited
4.7 Quadradrive

97 TJ Sport
4.0 5 speed

99TJ Sahara
4.0 Auto

Sold to a life of blacktop
94 ZJ Limited
I6 Quadratrac
rxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 06:29 PM   #85
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm not allowed to wear one at work...
Unread 02-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #86
madrabbitt

This thread got me thinking about my trusty rugged timex and the three bands i've gone thru (cloth and velcro, easy to replace)

Since i'm not working in the field anymore, its time for something with a tad more class.

So i informed my wife i want this for my birthday:

Nuts to you and your $1000 watches.
G-shock, atomic, auto backlight, black metal band (thats going to take some gettin' used to)
Less then 120 on 'bay.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #87
madrabbitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriolisSTORM
I'm not allowed to wear one at work...

where the heck do you work?

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 06:44 PM   #88
Ubie
Wha?

Of course, if you wanna go all out, you can always get one of these:

It's an IWC Grande Complication. I would give my left nut to have one, they are truely a piece of art and an homage to what Man can do. Starting at around $150k
Stock Jeep Club #26

--------------------
Ubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 06:44 PM   #89
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
I dunno about you but just holding my wrist up to see the time on my watch is a whole lot faster and more convenient than pulling my cell phone out of its holder (or pocket), reading the time, and then having to put it back into its holder.

Plus my watch has a rotating bezel timer that I use for timing everything from timing my food on the bbq grill to keeping track of the parking meter. I use my watch's timer at least several times a day
And doesn't it make you feel good every time you check the time and see that Rolex? What else can you buy that is functional and can give you a little lift a few dozen times a day for years and years? I do wish mine had the datejust and 24 hour hand the newer ones do, but I wouldn't trade it.
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 06:48 PM   #90
IRunOverStuff

none, watches are for anally retentive pricks. get a cell phone n00b
IRunOverStuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.