What kind of watch do you wear? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > What kind of watch do you wear?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 02-15-2007, 08:28 AM   #46
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I have worn fossil watches for a long time and I love them. They dont cost much and keep prefect time. I was in the Marine Corps with a guy who liked expensive watches and we were out one day and he found some $1500 watch he had to have. From the first day it would lose about 15 to 20 minutes in a 24 hour period. For that kind of money it better keep perfect time and make breakfast too!

Unread 02-15-2007, 08:39 AM   #47
joeyprice

2014 JK Wrangler 

How about this? Nice generic style dive watch. Tag, Automatic, under $1k.
http://www.jacobtime.com/osc/product...roducts_id=692
joeyprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 08:41 AM   #48
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

I bought a refurbed (from an estate) Rolex Sea-Dweller for $750 back in '85 and it's been on my wrist ever since. Sure a $10 Timex quartz is probably more accurate, but I've never regretted the investment.
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 08:49 AM   #49
mdoug445
2002 WJ 

i just shattered the quartz glass stuff on the face of my new fossil watch. if i cant fix that i guess im in the market for another.
Unread 02-15-2007, 09:41 AM   #50
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoug445
i just shattered the quartz glass stuff on the face of my new fossil watch. if i cant fix that i guess im in the market for another.
I broke one too and took it to a fossil dealer and they replaced it for free. I had a board with a nail sticking out of it fall and hit my watch breaking the face and the little knob used to set the time also broke off. Thank goodness I was wearing it because the nail would have gone into my wrist if I had left it at home like I usually did. I dont wear watches to work so I wouldnt break them but forgot that day. All fixed for free.
Unread 02-15-2007, 09:43 AM   #51
XJ99
Aviator Brew

2006 XK Commander 

G-shock.....
Unread 02-15-2007, 09:49 AM   #52
fitzz47
2013 JK Wrangler 

none,I don't want to know what time it is.
Unread 02-15-2007, 09:58 AM   #53
Rule303
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubajeeps
I have worn fossil watches for a long time and I love them. They dont cost much and keep prefect time. I was in the Marine Corps with a guy who liked expensive watches and we were out one day and he found some $1500 watch he had to have. From the first day it would lose about 15 to 20 minutes in a 24 hour period. For that kind of money it better keep perfect time and make breakfast too!
My college roomate inheireted his Dad's Rolex when he died. Kept horrible time. It was a self winder. But he's still wearing it 23 years later.

My employee wears a $1000 TAG watch he inheireted from his father in law, to work in! He's an electrician and wearing a metal watch isn't a great idea anyway, but he scratches the hell out of it. I offered to buy him a casio so he wouldn't destroy it. Makes me sick.

I like G-shocks and those scuba watches look nice. But unfortunately Im allergic to black rubber, so I end up buying some cheap POS to work in.
Rule303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 10:00 AM   #54
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Rolex blueface TT Submariner. Bought it when I was making more $$$ than I almost knew what to do with. It's now worth more used than I paid originally for it new, you can't beat that.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 10:01 AM   #55
drummerwookie

the most expencive watch i ever had was a gold plated citizen, chronograph watch and it was something around 300 dollars...i cant see spending any more then that on one...but thats just my opinion

gone, but never forgotten: 2006 rubicon, 1998 ZJ, 1995 YJ 4.0

metalhead jeep club #4
drummerwookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 10:18 AM   #56
kemah201

Watches

My GF bought this Skagen for me after I picked it out:

I inherited this Wenger from my uncle when he passed at 52 last year:

I wear the Skagen with black shoes and the Wenger with brown shoes.
Unread 02-15-2007, 10:22 AM   #57
34ford

I have some Invicta watches, look good, keep good time,decent movments , also have late 1800s rose gold railroad watch - a stunning time piece to look at and THE ENGRAVING IS TOPS. 34
34ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 10:32 AM   #58
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerwookie
the most expencive watch i ever had was a gold plated citizen, chronograph watch and it was something around 300 dollars...i cant see spending any more then that on one...but thats just my opinion
What's more expensive to buy, a watch that has little or no resale value, or one that has a huge secondary (used/pre-owned) market and either holds its value or actually goes up in value? I've already been offered over a $1000 more for my watch than I paid for it ten years ago.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 10:35 AM   #59
jeep_on

I have several Citizen watches. All bought from Kay Jewelers (its how I started my credit okay?) Great watches. The Eco-Drives are really nice. Never needs a battery replacement. I’ve broken the bands several times over the years and they will fix with out a problem.

I three of them. A blue beater I wear during work. A nice dress watch that has hardly been worn and titanium one that’s so lite you’d forget you were wearing it. Wife has two of them as well. An every day watch and a dress watch was well.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #60
175MM BULLDOG

[quote=Grewe02]I like the looks of this one, but its used.... and that's kinda expensive for a used watch.

Watch out for fakes. There are some that would make a jeweler look twice. Know the seller's reputation, and get a written authenticity statement with a clause that allows return for full price plus shipping if found it is a fake. Have a reputable jeweler check it out.
You may want to check out Wegner Swiss Aymy Watches. They last, and take a beating.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.