Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What Happened to the Jeep Family?

589 views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  MugZy_YJ_94 
#1 ·
Tonight, one of my best friends and I were driving Hurc on the highway when I noticed something funny. We were going about 65 MPH and I decided to let off the gas to slow down for the ramp to get onto the next highway. Well, we kept right on cruising at 65… no sign of slowing down. I had to jam on the brake, which also decided to not function properly. I then had to throw it into third (I’ve got a 4 speed) which didn’t make me or the tranny to happy. I could hear my engine screaming when I put my foot on the clutch. Something had gone really wrong with either the accelerator cable or the return spring on the carb. Anyway, we make it close to the exit for my house when I decide that I’m gonna need to pull over and see what’s up under the hood. After checking everything that I thought the problem stemmed from, I was stumped. We called AAA and they sent a tow-truck out to help. We were waiting for about an hour on the side of I-74. We noticed about 20 Jeep vehicles pass us without any concern for what may be wrong. One guy in a YJ even waved at us!!! I’m all about the Jeep Wave and will even get upset if people don’t wave back, but that was ridiculous. I mean, we’re on the side of the highway, with the hood propped on the windshield, and this guy just waves. GRRRRRRRR! I understand that people got places to be and people to do (or something like that) but I thought us Jeepers were a little closer than that. My neighbor, who drives an XJ, even passed us and smiled at me!!!

Sorry, just have to vent,
Marc

See less See more
#5 ·
Weird...that just happened to a jeeper on another board I frequent. Makes you shake your head doesn't it? I don't have a cell phone or any tools, but if it were daytime and I noticed someone, I'd at least stop and see if I could make a pay phone call for the person.

#6 ·
Broke down JEEP or HARLEY........i'd stop...I treat my jeep bros just like i treat my Biker Bros..:D :D

#7 ·
Every family has a few bastards!:eek:

#8 ·
I would have stopped...and out with the tools.

helped a guy fix his tranny in the parking lot at the hardware store once - and I wasn't even going to the hardware store.

not everybody gets it.

#9 ·
i always carry a tool box and a cell phone, just in case, and willing to stop and help if help is needed. Although, when it comes to fixing something that can't be fixed with duct tape, the only help I could give would be to "flash" someone else for help. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.