What does the plexi thing on truck hoods do ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > What does the plexi thing on truck hoods do ?

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #16
fransdemers
1999 WJ 

An SUV... yeah right.

And a Wrangler , is that also an SUV then ?

Unread 03-20-2014, 12:39 PM   #17
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cojab View Post
I would say no.
Peterbilt's, Kenworths, etc. Those are trucks. Ford, Dodge, Chevy, are all pickups.
Correct, we call big rigs trucks. We refer to pickups as... well... pickups. The conversation going on in this thread is the exact reason why we refer to them as pickups. If you key up over the radio that some dumb*** in a truck is cutting people off, other drivers are going to be looking for the village idiot in a semi truck, not a pickup truck.

Same thing as when you're at the terminal and you're talking about your personal vehicle with another driver. A lot truck drivers are tired when they arrive at the terminal, so we have a tendency to get confused as to what exactly somebody is referring too when they are using the word "truck" interchangeably.

Weigh stations go by the same rule of thumb as well. Reason being is because the signs say "ALL TRUCKS STOP AT SCALES WHEN OPEN", and there's always that one idiot in a pickup that goes into the scale thinking it meant them too. That's why you see signs posted close to almost every scale saying "NO AUTOS OR PICKUPS THROUGH WEIGH STATION" near the signs telling semi trucks to pull into the scales.

For somebody who doesn't drive a semi truck, that whole issue typically isn't a problem. For us, it can be an annoyance at times so that's why we refer to it the way we do.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #18
Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fransdemers View Post
An SUV... yeah right.

A gc, a cherokee, both SUV. As is the entire jeep line. Some fall into the hybrid or crossover SUV area.

If you want to be real picky, in the US there is no standard definition of what an SUV is. Depending on the state they may be collectively called 'off-highway vehicles", some states just categorize them the same as light trucks (pickups for the overseas op).

You can call yours a brenda if you want to but there are only so many actual vehicle categories before you start making up new ones.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2014, 03:34 PM   #19
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Wranglers are registered as station wagons in Arizona.

Still not enough power.
Unread 03-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #20
Soldier905
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Depending on the state they may be collectively called 'off-highway vehicles", some states just categorize them the same as light trucks (pickups for the overseas op).
I have seen a s10 blazer classified as a "station wagon" even tho its clearly a SUV .

As for the word truck ive experienced where people call their Semi "trucks" as well as using it for their pickup truck . I think "truck" could used to describe as vehicle of bulk that can do some heavy work with imo .
Soldier905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2014, 02:01 AM   #21
fransdemers
1999 WJ 

Okay, that explains a lot.

In Belgium a truck is in fact a big rig, like the volvo's, scania's, renaults and other brands. From time to time we see a rare Peterbilt or Kenworth, but mostly these are used for publicity or shows.

But on the Dutch Jeepforum, we have this saying: "Your SUV is not a Jeep, my Jeep is not a SUV"...
Unread 03-21-2014, 08:49 AM   #22
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Okay, that explains a lot.

In Belgium a truck is in fact a big rig, like the volvo's, scania's, renaults and other brands. From time to time we see a rare Peterbilt or Kenworth, but mostly these are used for publicity or shows.

But on the Dutch Jeepforum, we have this saying: "Your SUV is not a Jeep, my Jeep is not a SUV"...
Volvos are nice trucks, but they are built cheap as ****. 120,000 miles and the interior of this one started falling apart. It lived a short life thanks to the team that took over after me.

Russians and Ukrainians have a hard on for these trucks for some odd reason. I don't know why but they do.

Still not enough power.
Unread 03-21-2014, 08:53 AM   #23
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

^ probably because the front end kind of resembles them . Maybe they dont even realize it, but its just enough for then to like them sub consciencely.
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2014, 04:43 PM   #24
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Because I'm unhappy with my life in Belgium.

I always wanted to be an American Truck driver, cruisin' with a Big Rig from east to west and north to south...

With Kelly Pickler singing songs in the back seat, and a dog named Buster.

But to understand the whole story, you have to read all my posts...

In fact, I love Trucks and I love America.

That's why I own two jeeps.
And I love Belgium Ale
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 01:07 AM   #25
fransdemers
1999 WJ 

I love Belgian Ale too... but I prefer US trucks, haha

Quote:
Volvos are nice trucks, but they are built cheap as ****.
said Sundevil, but I have to say that my new WH is built cheap too. The interior is chinese plastic, and compared to the WJ, it's a big leap backwards.

When I turn up the volume of the music, the bass makes the whole interior vibrate. And the dash is so plastic, that one presumes to drive in a cheap DACIA. What the hell was chrysler thinking ???
Unread 03-22-2014, 12:28 PM   #26
Mobile_Homie
Desert Rat

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
An SUV... yeah right.

It is a Jeep

Quote:

I like that!
On this board I have seen people call the Jeep a car...
God kills a kitten every time someone calls a Jeep a car.

Smoke em if you got em!

Click here
Mobile_Homie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 04:00 PM   #27
Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobile_Homie View Post
It is a Jeep
On this board I have seen people call the Jeep a car...
God kills a kitten every time someone calls a Jeep a car.
Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep.

Cats suck.
Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #28
pyro1944
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cause View Post

Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep. Your car is a Jeep.

Cats suck.
Someone needs a hug...
pyro1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 05:37 PM   #29
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro1944 View Post
Someone needs a hug...
Cause reminds me of a person suffering from Tourette syndrome. Just blurts out random useless words.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #30
pyro1944
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky2252s View Post

Cause reminds me of a person suffering from Tourette syndrome. Just blurts out random useless words.
I was thinking that guy who you see in horror movies that writes the same thing over and over on a wall in the blood of the people and animals hes killed... but that's just me... lol
pyro1944 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.