What do you "Carry" when wheeling in the middle of nowhere? - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > What do you "Carry" when wheeling in the middle of nowhere?

VANCO DUAL MODE KNUCKLE 15" and 16" Big Brake kiLabor Day Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 05-10-2009, 09:05 AM   #121
NoUse328
2005 TJ Wrangler 

HK45C filled with 185 gr. +P Federal Hydrashok hollow points.

Next I think I'd like to get something in 357 Sig since the ballistics are pretty impressive.

NoUse328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #122
Coyotes97
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny kustom View Post
Wow, im with him. You americans scare me. I'm all for personal prtection, but some of your with more than one gun and multiple clips ? Really, you need more than one clip ?
I knew a guy in college who had grown up totally anti-gun. He HATED them. Then he was in a building where an armed supect ran into the building and barricaded himself in for a little standoff with the police outside. My friend hid in a bathroom and never had any contact with the bad guy but he said he sat there praying for an Uzi and a suit of armor made of loaded magazines.
Unread 05-10-2009, 05:30 PM   #123
jeepsgotnutz
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Armalite M15A4 in the back.

Ruger SR9 - loaded w/18 rounds of Federal Hydra-Shok. Between the seats or in the console.

KelTec p32 - Loaded with cor bon or hydra-shok. In my belt.

I was sad because I had no shoes, until a I met a man with no feet. So I said to the man, "Got any shoes you're not using?"
jeepsgotnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #124
RockWoRM
Don't Fear the Jeeper

1992 YJ Wrangler 

What do you "Carry" when wheeling in the middle of nowhere?

ummm, spare tire... extra water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #125
Du510
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongueCarabine View Post
It doesn't matter if I am in a canoe or a Jeep, when I am out in the woods I bring protection!!
Spot on - no one can argue that.

In the woods, even if you can call for help straight away, it could be Hours before it arrives.

There is only one person you can *always* depend on.... yourself.

South v. Maryland, 59 U.S. (How.) 396, 15 L.Ed.433 (1856) (the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that local law-enforcement had no duty to protect individuals, but only a general duty to enforce the laws.)

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves." --Ronald Reagan
Du510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2009, 10:52 PM   #126
Du510
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch View Post
1911s beat the hell out of plastic any day.
If thats a reference to polymer framed pistols, I couldn't disagree more. I carry both a Kimber (Custom II) and a polymer framed M&P... the Kimber is currently assigned bedside duty.

The comments you make show an either an antiquated or ignorant view of the subject matter; Glocks have been the standard-bearer of polymer frames, and have proven their mettle many times over. Hundreds of thousands of LEO's, soldiers, and gov agencies can't ALL be wrong, can they?

Speaking personally though, I am much more comforatable with a polymer on my hip than a 1911:

- Lighter weight
- Less pieces to fail
- Stronger aftermarket

For what it is worth, I have put greater than 10k rounds down each of the above-listed pistols... and I have had no more than 2 FTC's and FTE's with the M&P. The Kimber, many many more (primarily FTC's). On the M&P, they were each on days of 800+ rounds of shooting w/o cleaning (training days).

But hey, what do I know. Maybe the world IS flat.

South v. Maryland, 59 U.S. (How.) 396, 15 L.Ed.433 (1856) (the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that local law-enforcement had no duty to protect individuals, but only a general duty to enforce the laws.)

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves." --Ronald Reagan
Unread 05-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #127
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du510 View Post
Hundreds of thousands of LEO's, soldiers, and gov agencies can't ALL be wrong, can they?
Um, yes. Yes they can. Especially the gov't agencies part. Who do you think decided to switch to the Beretta 92 and a .22-cal jam-o-matic rifle?

GLOCK's are alright though.

On topic, this-

and this-

and some of these-

There's no such thing as over-prepared.

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2009, 11:07 PM   #128
Du510
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
Um, yes. Yes they can. Especially the gov't agencies part. Who do you think decided to switch to the Beretta 92 and a .22-cal jam-o-matic rifle?

GLOCK's are alright though.
There was a lot more to my argument than just that one line.

FWIW, may be interesting to note that US soldiers get issued the Beretta, while Iraqi Army gets issued a Glock, by the US forces.

Unread 05-11-2009, 01:42 AM   #129
MikNov
1998 TJ Wrangler 

a ****ing machete muthafakas
MikNov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 04:20 AM   #130
jtpaintball70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du510 View Post
There was a lot more to my argument than just that one line.

FWIW, may be interesting to note that US soldiers get issued the Beretta, while Iraqi Army gets issued a Glock, by the US forces.
The reason for no Glock for US troops is lack of an external safety.

And I like the 19 action up there. I carry my 19 in town, but still like my 10mm for woods/desert protection. I really want one of these and a Glock 20... and a G29
http://www.mechtechsys.com/glock.html

NREMT-I/85
89 K1500
jtpaintball70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 07:58 AM   #131
JOEGUYZXJ
1992 XJ Cherokee 

12 gauge mosburg riot gun
Unread 06-07-2009, 08:50 AM   #132
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

Colt Python, an 18 round wallet pak and a speedloader.

Sometimes in addition to that I will take a Walther P22 for plinking.
War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217
DaveJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 08:56 AM   #133
Rezneck
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJtheTanK View Post
but that is also why I have my dog along with me- pitbull/bull mastiff mix. ( I have no idea what it is, brand wise)
Any pics? I've often wondered what a Pit/Bullmastiff mix might be like.The guy I got my American Bulldogs from had an AB/Mastiff mix. Great big dog with a great big head.

48 CJ-2A, Bone stock except it has Allstate locking hubs.
86 CJ-7, 4.0 HO, AX-15, D-30, AMC-20
84 CJ-7, YJ tub and fenders, 258 ci, T-176, D-30, D-44 Trutracs F/R, 4.27s, 33s
77-90ish Wagoneer/TJ/CJ Yard Sale Special, 360AMC, TH400, Quadratrac, D-44s F/R, 3.07s, 34" LTBs.
Rezneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 10:28 AM   #134
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

S&W .357 and an AR-7. Should be enough.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 10:52 AM   #135
Joneser
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hmmm....alot of tools just incase, shovel, axe, jumper cables, tow strap, tire plugs, water, beer, food, tp, lighters, garmin with TOPO, duct tape, Beretta 9mm, Springfield 45, plenty of ammo and at least 2 Catahoulas. I had a close call with a Cougar in Colorado once....I will never leave my dogs behind again.
04 Rubicon, RE 3.5" Super Flex, Tom Woods drive shafts, Old Man Emu Shocks, JKS bar pin eliminators, Daystar 1" body and motor mount lift , Olympic bumpers, Teraflex Steering box skid, Jeep Medic engine skid and tummy tuck, Shrockworks sliders, Powerslot rotors, Hawk brake pads, Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers, Borla cat-back exhaust, Airaid intake and throttle body spacer, Gen-right hood louvers, Optima red top battery, Bestop spare tire carrier, Skyjacker tie rod, Monroe steering stabilizer, Herculiner on the floor, OR-Fab sport cage, Kilby full length rack, Cobra CB and antenna, T-Max 9000 lb winch, A-Z Fabrication winch mount, Zenon 6" flares, custom fabed Stinger, Alpine stereo with JL audio sub and I-pod, Garmin with 08 TOPO, Viar on board air compressor... Etc...
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.